• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT25| The Taken Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

noomi

Hey DestinyGAF,

I bought Destiny on release, completed the story, and sold it about a week or two later. I was disappointed by the lack of content.

Now, I'm thinking of trying to getting back into it along with the 2 expansions. The problem I have is, I only have 1 friend that really plays Destiny. So as a singleplayer experience and possibly 1 other person to play with, is it even worth it to me? Will I be locked out of a lot of content?

DestinyGaf is all you need, you will never be alone :) Don't hesitate, get back into the game and start posting here. Embrace the dgaf!

Morning! Soon, Monday will be the day before TTK launches....

Hey man! Your back! Welcome Back! :D

Liamc723

If you are playing Destiny as a single player experience, look elsewhere.
Worst single player game for content.

That being said;
Why you don't like GAF players? You too good for us?
[/SPOILER]

You have a GAF account, which means you are a lucky person: you get to access the best community there is! :)
If posting here to ask for help or just browsing the topic to jump into people' games don't bother you, then consider you have a great pool of people to run content with already!

DestinyGaf is all you need, you will never be alone :) Don't hesitate, get back into the game and start posting here. Embrace the dgaf!

I'm assuming it's essential that I talk through mic if I want to team up with you guys for things such as raids, right?

GutZ31

I'm assuming it's essential that I talk through mic if I want to team up with you guys for things such as raids, right?

Story, strikes, and lower level Prison of Elders content need very little communication, but Raids, and 34/35 PoE? Those are beasts best taken on with communication.

i keep doing exotic bounties for shards :| some i get done without even noticing
ODC, Can't have spots filled by something that I could be using for other bounties in the now.

nOoblet16

This is all true, but you neglect to point out that some people are more sensitive to noticing latency than others.

People who grew up on fighting games in the NES/SEGA/Arcade age usually have twitch response that lead to them noticing lag more easily than others.
anything under 40ms from a TV is usually "ok" for gaming, but there are LCD/LED TVs that have upwards of 75ms desplay lag.
Again like I said, 30ms is less than a frame of the game.

And Fighting games are different for one they have the lowest input latency possible and each frame is 16ms because the games are 60FPS, no matter how sensitive you are to them you won't be able to notice less than a frame of lag in Destiny. They are two different scenarios. A different analogy would be you may be able to drive a Ferrari at 200 miles an hour but you can't do the same when you are driving a Prius because the machine won't allow you to.

And upwards of 75ms seems to be the absolute worst case with shit TVs that have all post process turned on and not gaming mode.

EDIT: Also people who grew up with NES are past 30-40 now, they will have slower response time than they used to :p

GutZ31

Again like I said, 30ms is less than a frame of the game.

And Fighting games are different for one they have the lowest input latency possible and each frame is 16ms because the games are 60FPS, no matter how sensitive you are to them you won't be able to notice less than a frame of lag in Destiny. They are two different scenarios. A different analogy would be you may be able to drive a Ferrari at 200 miles an hour but you can't do the same when you are driving a Prius because the machine won't allow you to.

You aren't making any sense to me.
All I was trying to say is that some people can notice that their own TV's are drastically slower than their old TV's/monitors.

I was using the point that no one person sees the world exactly the same as the other as a reference, and using old school fighting games to show a demographic that would notice display lag.

And the only thing that pops into my head when you bring up car analogies is the fact that we are not all F1/champ car drivers for a reason.

for me personally, 80ms is my limit of noticeable latency.
Some people will notice at higher, some at lower. This doesn't make sense to studies done on human reaction times, but FPSers/Fighters/racers build pre emptive, anticipatory reflexes to deal their own brains sluggish handle on the world.

You wish to tell me adding 30ms or more to something that already has at least 133ms of latency is just a drop in the pool?
Btw, frame rate has nothing to do with display latency.
You may be thinking of something else.

Morning DGAF. It was a good weekend. I managed to get all my gold packages and one trip to Mercury. I got a summoner :( I also pulled a messenger from a package, but I kind of want to just shard it and hope I get an adept one soon.

I am really starting to get comfortable with TLW and sniping. It almost makes me feel like I am playing Halo on Blood Gultch in PvP sometimes. Almost.

I was also able to help a buddy finish Skolas for the first time thanks to a GAFer. I picked up the Lord of Wolves too. It seems fun for PvE. Does the Elder Cipher drop randomly at 34 and 35 or just 35?

Kyoufu

I was also able to help a buddy finish Skolas for the first time thanks to a GAFer. I picked up the Lord of Wolves too. It seems fun for PvE. Does the Elder Cipher drop randomly at 34 and 35 or just 35?

Both but it seems harder to get on 34 from personal experience. I only just got it a couple of days ago.

T-0800

Hey DestinyGAF,

I bought Destiny on release, completed the story, and sold it about a week or two later. I was disappointed by the lack of content.

Now, I'm thinking of trying to getting back into it along with the 2 expansions. The problem I have is, I only have 1 friend that really plays Destiny. So as a singleplayer experience and possibly 1 other person to play with, is it even worth it to me? Will I be locked out of a lot of content?

I play by myself and love it. I mean I don't have friends I play with. I play mainly 3vs3 and daily events etc. I've posted several times in Destiny Neogaf topics looking for people to play with and been overlooked every single time. Hasn't stopped me from having a great time with the game.

I should have posted this earlier, but you can use the birds to track enemy movement on Widow's Peak. Especially during the heavy round when you're at upper spawn and they rush, the birds give you early warning. I counter-sniped a mother$&#er who tried to creep up on us.

noomi

I should have posted this earlier, but you can use the birds to track enemy movement on Widow's Peak. Especially during the heavy round when you're at upper spawn and they rush, the birds give you early warning. I counter-sniped a mother$&#er who tried to creep up on us.

Guardians be creepin' trying to cap a brotha

Well that's not very encouraging for another lone wolf like me. :/

The game is fun even by yourself, but Bungie designed it so that in some modes you absolutely need friends to play with and did they allow for matchmaking in those game modes? Nope. Its a really fun game that at times youll notice is very stupidly designed.

Nighte

Sigh...spa hotel with my gf today and i still wish i brought my vita with me for some remote destiny play... Damn im hooked after playing with some of u ppl:p

Also, when reviving in ToO, if someone is trying to rev-snipe them, push them as soon as you revive your teammate. People are talking on Reddit like this isn't common knowledge and it should be: http://i.imgur.com/ZjaMY7X.gifv

EDIT: (LOL, I just saw it posted two pages back, also commending it for great teamwork. This should be standard procedure for all teams facing snipers.)

Manp

Also, when reviving in ToO, if someone is trying to rev-snipe them, push them as soon as you revive your teammate. People are talking on Reddit like this isn't common knowledge and it should be: http://i.imgur.com/ZjaMY7X.gifv

EDIT: (LOL, I just saw it posted two pages back, also commending it for great teamwork. This should be standard procedure for all teams facing snipers.)

how in the fuck was that an head shot on that sniper kill?!?!?! it went nowhere near the guy, let alone his head.

this. fucking. game.

Playing Trials last night and Gaz's connection dropped just before we started, leaving just me and Blaze to face up against a team of three. We went for it :)

https://youtu.be/0_MEMjb4Avo?t=1m40s

(I don't have editing skills, just skim through it)

Not going to watch the video now because I don't want to blow through my data plan, but I think its safe to assume its another vid of team SoM wrecking people, even when outmanned?
Haha!

You should have seen Gaz, Blaze and me go at it with Necrochasms yesterday, even managed to win 4 matches out of 5 I think! I might make a highlight of it sometime this week.

Also, Gaz should get a better potato.

macewank

Is it better to open Grogons on normal and hard separately, or the same as just opening on hard once?

Wish I was there to try my luck at getting TLW for my alt but stuck at work for another 4 hours.

Believe you get both loot rolls on hard mode, so no reason not to just do it on hard?

Gong

Not going to watch the video now because I don't want to blow through my data plan, but I think its safe to assume its another vid of team SoM wrecking people, even when outmanned?
Haha!

You should have seen Gaz, Blaze and me go at it with Necrochasms yesterday, even managed to win 4 matches out of 5 I think! I might make a highlight of it sometime this week.

Also, Gaz should get a better potato.

You guessed correctly ;-)

I heard about the Necrocasm run, Gaz said it was seven wins? Looking forward to highlights of that one if you find the time to piece together a highlight reel.

Ok, gonna check with Wicked and Unstable for Thursday night EST (Goal would be to have it before Trials)

I read the previous post and saw yall were talking about Invigorate. I've never heard of them before I believe I ran into at least 1 of their guys in Trials last night:

6rZoKYp.png

of1cBkG.png

GBLQEql.png

UNCChamp23 was ridiculous.

My sniper has a final round but I don't use it unless I've used all other rounds in the magazine (most of the time I just end up reloading anyway), but it can serve as an added advantage sometimes during clutch situations. Still scummy though.

I don't know. Maybe if everyone else stopped using Thorn, max-range Shot Package shotguns, proximity launchers, and supers, final round snipers would really stand out. It's part of the game, they could nerf it if they want, and you're one of the lucky ones who pulled a final round sniper that isn't the low aim-assist Spear. Plus, you still have to hit your shots!

I have a 27" 2ms gaming monitor but can't be bothered, I play on my 55" bravia. Just switching to the monitor will improve my pvp game a lot but I just don't want to do it, big screen so good. :p

I used my tax return last year to upgrade to a Samsung about the same size. I know I'd do better on a monitor, but you guys look so cool filling up a wall of my living room. Seeing the Mercury cutscene on a huge screen is epic . . .

Two pvp gods willing to help me with the salvage trophy in an hour from now? Played with buddies yesterday but salvage is full of teams in full trials gear and we got wrecked hard. Might've been too focused on capturing but salvage was the worst experience we had in Destiny by far. And we just came of a high with a flawless raid as well:(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom