• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT25| The Taken Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
So I got my Queen Cipher and it says I gotta wait for Variks to finish his private time with it. Do I literally just wait? How long does it take?

GutZ31

I play by myself and love it. I mean I don't have friends I play with. I play mainly 3vs3 and daily events etc. I've posted several times in Destiny Neogaf topics looking for people to play with and been overlooked every single time. Hasn't stopped me from having a great time with the game.

In the earlier part of the year, where most of your post history for destiny is located, was extremely busy, and if you didn't post at least 3 times per page, your name/post would be drowned out by the flood of posts coming from every angle.

You need to be vocal to get notice around here.
Being respectful and trying not to post too often are great traits to have for forum edict, just remember how many people can be talking over you all at once come reset.

Feel free to add me, and throw me a message if I'm online when you could use a hand.

GutZ31

So I got my Queen Cipher and it says I gotta wait for Variks to finish his private time with it. Do I literally just wait? How long does it take?

Can take days. Just wait, as painful as it is.

Wonder why it seems everyone always plays HM.

Do you ever get the NM gorgon checkpoint?

I don't save it anymore, but anyone can save it and carry over for reseat.

Still 2 hours + of work ahead. If you're not available later, don't worry about it.

Anyone take over that task from you?

Not sure but if I'm online just message me.

Can you tell me what's your PSN id? I'm interested in the Gorgon checkpoint. Thanks!

Or you can add me: ReNeGaDe124

Psn: ruthlesbarbarian

E92 M3

Classes don't really have anything to do with it.

Funny that you mention that TLW is perfect when it literally has the fastest TTK in the entire game.

Whether I disagree with your opinion or not is irrelevant, though. Bungie is going to keep the game in the are that they think it belongs. They seem to prefer TTKs to be in the 1.2-.1.8 second range for primaries.

Personally I think faster TTKs create more of a gap between higher and lower skilled players. Thus discouraging weaker players from competing.

Yes, it does, but if you fuck up then it's over. The gun takes a long time to master and is extremely rewarding for those that do. TLW and trials have pushed me to take PVP seriously. Also, I believe that the highest skilled players should always be able to dominate with the fastest TTK.

In any competitive shooter - or game attempting to be competitive - the skill gap should be relatively high.

Admodieus

Got Guardian Lord (or the equivalent) on XBox One last night. Just a PoE 35 run away from completing all the moments of triumph and then I can ease off the gas pedal until September.

Only need a few more exotics too - Pocket Infinity (halfway through the bounty for it), Dragon's Breath (I know, I know..) and Necrochasm (can't get Husk of the Pit to drop for me even though I have the Crux).

In the earlier part of the year, where most of your post history for destiny is located, was extremely busy, and if you didn't post at least 3 times per page, your name/post would be drowned out by the flood of posts coming from every angle.

You need to be vocal to get notice around here.
Being respectful and trying not to post too often are great traits to have for forum edict, just remember how many people can be talking over you all at once come reset.

Feel free to add me, and throw me a message if I'm online when you could use a hand.

GutZ31

Can take days. Just wait, as painful as it is.

Yup, 2 to 3 actual days.

Ah, thanks. I'm fine with that. What's the next step? (Chose the shotgun bounty)

Lima

Still can't believe how we did all that checkpoint juggling again in vault yesterday for Unstable only for him to get both TLW and queen sniper from doing a fucking 28 PoE lol.

Arrrammis

I have a question actually, might not be completely related but, you guys think they will just keep adding to this game or eventually release a new "Destiny 2" retail disk? MMO style games usually just keep adding dont they?
They are planning to release Destiny 2 September 2016 last I heard. I do hope they keep this plan and make it current gen only. I know that there are several players on ps3/xbox360, but it just puts too many limitations(vault space, UI, etc.) that the current gen systems have to work around just for parity.

They are planning to release Destiny 2 September 2016 last I heard. I do hope they keep this plan and make it current gen only. I know that there are several players on ps3/xbox360, but it just puts too many limitations(vault space, UI, etc.) that the current gen systems have to work around just for parity.

Yeah id like them to cut last gen too, but i dont see that happening unless they release a new Disk release.

Anyone of you PVP ringers use Kontrol Freeks? Do they make a big difference?

Didn't know they were a thing until I watched this Planet Destiny video a/b Target Aquisition
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vY_qK0ooDo8

I'm sort of addicted to them at this point. Not sure if it's actually improving anything though. It does allow you to make more subtle movements on a higher stick sensitivity (lol) since the stick is longer (rofl). Mostly I just needed my sticks to be more grippy so I grabbed some.

zewone

They only say "Sony/Microsoft" because they don't want to appear to be taking sides. Sony doesn't care as they allow a lot of cross play games. Microsoft is the company that will not allow it.

How would Sony exclusive weapons/armor work out with that?

Doesn't seem very practical.

Would anyone have some extra marks to donate for Zewone's "dont have to play Trials as a 33" foundation?

Haha, it doesn't make that much of a difference honestly. I played as a L29 and I was actually doing fairly well. Only took a couple extra TLW shots to kill someone. Shotty was still a OHK.

LTWood12

I'm sort of addicted to them at this point. Not sure if it's actually improving anything though. It does allow you to make more subtle movements on a higher stick sensitivity (lol) since the stick is longer (rofl). Mostly I just needed my sticks to be more grippy so I grabbed some.

There's so many different ones though. Which model did you go with?

nOoblet16

TLW does not require a tremendous amount of skill. My game with TLW today is same as it was 2 days after I picked it up for the first time ever. It does require adjustment because there is not a single gun that works like it but that's about it. There is no you will be shit at it at the start but you become godlike when you learn how to use it kind of difference. If you were bad before you will be bad after, if you were good you will still be good.

The only things you need to know are that the gun is best at the opposite of what the stats say i.e.

1) The perks lead you into believing it is a gun that you should primarily hip fire but you should be using ADS the majority of the time.
2) The gun has fan fire but you should not be using it much so that you can get range out of it.

When it comes to engagement there are one three things you do with TLW, and most of the times these three things are applicable to other weapons as well:

- Person comes close you hipfire, and if they are strafing you aim from hip and press L2 to use auto aim to your benefit if you need help with aiming.
- At medium range you use ADS and fire however you want tap or fan fire..your preference
- Long range you ADS and tap.

It seems a lot in words but it's really not much.

I just reached rank 1 on Vanguard and Crucible with my Lock. I wish Trials gave you Crucible rep. It doesn't make sense to me that it gives marks but not Rep.

Can't wait to buy vendor gear so I'll have different gear loadouts than: Purifier Robes for my Voidwalker XD

Deku Tree

How would Sony exclusive weapons/armor work out with that?

Doesn't seem very practical.

Same way it works now. Now if you have the CE with the CE Ghost and you log into your PSN account on someone else's console who doesn't have the CE then your Ghost is greyed out and you can't equip it.

Bungie is already using this Tech when they Ban people from ToO Bungie has grey'ed out all of their ToO gear and prevented them from using it.

Looks like when you have Warlock gear on your Titan or level 20 gear on your low level character.

There's so many different ones though. Which model did you go with?

I got the FPS Freek CQC and KontrolFreek Classic so I could try out the different heights. Ended up puting the shorter one on my left stick and taller one on my right. I'm very happy with them, actually.

ori0n378e

Are there more people on xbox one version or ps4 version? I would guess ps4. If there are more people on xbox then Sony's deal with them isn't working out.
Just my observation here on GAF. I have no numbers, and just Googled it and found no hard numbers either.

piratethingy

Self professed bad raider
Just my observation here on GAF. I have no numbers, and just Googled it and found no hard numbers either.

GAF is clearly extremely heavily PS4 lean. To the point where you have to specify in advance if you're looking for other platforms, ps4 is assumed.

Obviously I don't have concrete data on the overall populations but one would assume with the larger install base and exclusive marketing that PS4 has to be leading.

todd360

Actually, is taken king coming out on last gen?

It is. They won't drop current gen until Destiny 2 I think.

Yeah, I mean they've mentioned TTK being "Year 2" a hundred times and Luke mentions in the BWU that this will be 2.0. I think we know what TTK is now.

I still see it as a real expansion. More like Destiny 1.5

I think Destiny 2 will be a thing. They can't go 10 years just doing expansions for Destiny 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom