• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT25| The Taken Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm in a similar boat, although I have my character established on PS4 (34 Titan, Fatebringer and Gjally, working on VoC). It still pales in comparison to my XBox profile (all achievements, three characters, all exotic weapons). The thing with me is that I don't foresee any game in the future that I want to play on my XBox One besides Destiny, so if I can manage to make the switch, I can sell off the XBox. Easier said than done, however, because it just feels better to play with the XBox One controller (especially the triggers).

That's my only complaint about PS4 aside from dodgy network issues, the controllers on the dual shock tend to peel easily, not to mention very flimsy. Damn these man hands!

That's my only complaint about PS4 aside from dodgy network issues, the controllers on the dual shock tend to peel easily, not to mention very flimsy. Damn these man hands!
You should get caps for on your thumbsticks. Helps greatly with wear and tear and you can turn your sticks from convex to concave if you prefer that.

I have a question actually, might not be completely related but, you guys think they will just keep adding to this game or eventually release a new "Destiny 2" retail disk? MMO style games usually just keep adding dont they?

Deku Tree

I have a question actually, might not be completely related but, you guys think they will just keep adding to this game or eventually release a new "Destiny 2" retail disk? MMO style games usually just keep adding dont they?

They were definitely planning a new game Destiny 2 which is a new game according to leaks and Developer comments... But plans change and we haven't heard any comments... and we don't know whether or not the new game would include the old stuff or not.

They say with Destiny they have a 10 year plan so I assume they are going to keep adding. Especially when this was the most expensive game of all time, they aren't simply going to drop Destiny 2.

4 more for VoG Normal, and Crota!

1. TheWorthyEdge
2. KojiroSpath

E92 M3

I am not looking forward to Bungie "balancing" the PVP. We all know that Bungie doesn't know how to nerf properly. They just make a whole weapon class irrelevant and another takes the top spot. Not looking forward to Hand Cannon nerf at all - and they especially better not touch them for PVE!

noomi

They say with Destiny they have a 10 year plan so I assume they are going to keep adding. Especially when this was the most expensive game of all time, they aren't simply going to drop Destiny 2.

Hmm, I would hope so, but after a while they are going to have to do a Destiny 2. Whenever that happens, I hope we are able to somehow transfer our current characters to it.

dB Viper

One day, I know they'll buff ARs again. I've got some AR specific armor and ARs (maxed) in my vault just waiting for that day... lol.

Nobody ever has the normal Gorgon CP :s

I used to save it every week but not anymore.

Would you happen to have both, good sir? :p I don't want to ask too much, if you're available I'll take what I can get. :) If not, I got my first Hawkmoon thanks to you so you're always good in my book. XD

Only have hard gorgons. I'll load it up in a few minutes.

Cheesing the bridge in Crota's End, does the person crossing have to kill the gatekeeper knight of just go ahead and hide?

You don't have to, but it's good if you can. Though usually if he gets aggro while you're hiding, he'll just fall of the ledge :p

What?! Every week?! So 6 chances if you have 3 characters?

Yup.

noomi

I am not looking forward to Bungie "balancing" the PVP. We all know that Bungie doesn't know how to nerf properly. They just make a whole weapon class irrelevant and another takes the top spot. Not looking forward to Hand Cannon nerf at all - and they especially better not touch them for PVE!

Well it was once the era of auto rifles, now it's the era of hand cannons... what's next?

Scary to think about... my favorite weapon has always been a hand cannon, I hope they don't turn them to complete poo...

Hmm, I would hope so, but after a while they are going to have to do a Destiny 2. Whenever that happens, I hope we are able to somehow transfer our current characters to it.

Supposedly they've been Developing Destiny 2 for some time now. Also, they did mention that our characters will transfer over. But to what extent, we have no idea!

piratethingy

Self professed bad raider
Well it was once the era of auto rifles, now it's the era of hand cannons... what's next?

Scary to think about... my favorite weapon has always been a hand cannon, I hope they don't turn them to complete poo...

I feel like there's a chance they just go overboard on the HC nerf and we're left in a world ruled by Red Death and HSP

Everyone says this, but usually it's because they don't understand power creep.

If you "balance" the weapons to make everything comparable to the most powerful weapons, you end up with crazy fast TTKs.

If you "balance" the most powerful weapons to make them comparable to the less powerful weapons, you end up with longer TTKs.

Currently, several weapons have crazy fast TTKs and need to be brought back down to comparable, not the other way around.

This is what happened with ARs, And will likely happen to HCs (at least the exotics) and will likely happen to Pulse rifles shortly after.

E92 M3

Hand Cannons allow for the most versatile play style, in my opinion. Auto rifles are very boring to use and never fancied them, even when they were the top-dog.

Hand Cannons for life.

Everyone says this, but usually it's because they don't understand power creep.

If you "balance" the weapons to make everything comparable to the most powerful weapons, you end up with crazy fast TTKs.

If you "balance" the most powerful weapons to make them comparable to the less powerful weapons, you end up with longer TTKs.

Currently, several weapons have crazy fast TTKs and need to be brought back down to comparable, not the other way around.

This is what happened with ARs, And will likely happen to HCs (at least the exotics) and will likely happen to Pulse rifles shortly after.

Some classes are very mobile and weapons with a slow TTK would never be able to take them out. I think TLW is at a perfect TTK with a huge learning curve. Thorn needs to be looked at in some fashion.

Also, I hope PVE isn't touched because that never needs any nerfs. Just buff.s

Skele7on

Banned
Supposedly they've been Developing Destiny 2 for some time now. Also, they did mention that our characters will transfer over. But to what extent, we have no idea!

it'll work like wow, although it's destiny 2 your character and gear will just transfer over.

the disc is merely a licence key to login to a server at Bungie, everything you have in game is stored technically there.
The only thing on your playstation/xbox are maps and assets ect.
They mentioned in the past if Sony/Microsoft allowed it they could enable you to be able to switch gear across platforms.

They were definitely planning a new game Destiny 2 which is a new game according to leaks and Developer comments... But plans change and we haven't heard any comments... and we don't know whether or not the new game would include the old stuff or not.

I was thinking, maybe thats why theyre charging so much more for this DLC coming this fall. Maybe they consider this a new "game"?

I hope they just keep adding to this.

Deku Tree

it'll work like wow, although it's destiny 2 your character and gear will just transfer over.

the disc is merely a licence key to login to a server at Bungie, everything you have in game is stored technically there.
The only thing on your playstation/xbox are maps and assets ect.
They mentioned in the past if Sony/Microsoft allowed it they could enable you to be able to switch gear across platforms.

They only say "Sony/Microsoft" because they don't want to appear to be taking sides. Sony doesn't care as they allow a lot of cross play games. Microsoft is the company that will not allow it.

CREMSteve

I didn't touch hand cannons for the first six months of playing the game. Then I got Fatebringer and everything changed. It's now almost solely equipped in my primary slot for PVE.

piratethingy

The way they have these "Year 1" achievement lists for characters, and with how invested people get in online gear/character development, I would be absolutely shocked if there is ever a point in Destiny where you're forced to abandon your current characters.

Certainly I could see them leaving weapons and gear behind by just not continuing to allow us to ascend stuff up to the current level, but that's about the extent of what I'd expect.

piratethingy

They only say "Sony/Microsoft" because they don't want to appear to be taking sides. Sony doesn't care as they allow a lot of cross play games. Microsoft is the company that will not allow it.

Best part about this is I would love to switch over to XB1 if they'd let me.

OkayRene

Wonder why it seems everyone always plays HM.

Do you ever get the NM gorgon checkpoint?

EDIT: Top of page. I did it! I win!

EDIT 2: I need to run PoE 34 x3 later this evening, say 6/7PM EST and would love some assistance from 2 lovely GAF members.

Some classes are very mobile and weapons with a slow TTK would never be able to take them out. I think TLW is at a perfect TTK with a huge learning curve. Thorn needs to be looked at in some fashion.

Also, I hope PVE isn't touched because that never needs any nerfs. Just buff.s

Classes don't really have anything to do with it.

Funny that you mention that TLW is perfect when it literally has the fastest TTK in the entire game.

Whether I disagree with your opinion or not is irrelevant, though. Bungie is going to keep the game in the are that they think it belongs. They seem to prefer TTKs to be in the 1.2-.1.8 second range for primaries.

Personally I think faster TTKs create more of a gap between higher and lower skilled players. Thus discouraging weaker players from competing.

Skele7on

Banned

They allow X play across their own systems, Microsoft will allow this soon to Xbox > Windows PC/Tablet.
I'm fairly sure they're both just as cagey to share open links to a third party to enable data to go through one to another.
Obviously they cannot just open these channels without consulting and getting an agreement with them first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom