• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT25| The Taken Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
so XBOX's Ultimate Game sale... Destiny is $19.80 on XB360 w/Gold, $26.24 for the Expansion pass, worth it?

I plan to get a PS4 in April next year with my tax money, to play with my PS4 buddies, I know i cant transfer my 360 character to PS4, but anything else I should know about the 360 version to know what it lacks over the PS4 versions?

The Taken King will be 40 USD if you already have everything, but only 20 more (60 USD) for all of year one. Only you know if that is worth waiting for or playing now, but the better deal is waiting (until April is a really long time, though). The biggest difference is just technical (PS4 looks nicer) and that it will be MUCH harder to find raid groups and team mates on 360 versus PS4. Still a great 360 game, though.

Anyone for trials i have been at it for four hours with randoms and let me say the so called "flawless" royalty has been performing worse then me and im mediocre on my best days.

Just want the helm really.

Shito

Is there a equivalent helmet for blade dancers like celestial nighthawk?
I love love love celestial but it's not practical for POE level 34 and 35 and I say that because invisibility is king when dismantling mines or for health recovery.

Any advice?
Yeah, you should...

Use Don't Touch Me instead.
Also, you can totally switch gear and subclass between rounds. I usually run BD / Don't Touch Me for the regular rounds, and switch to Gunslinger / Celestial for bosses.

Anyone for trials i have been at it for four hours with randoms and let me say the so called "flawless" royalty has been performing worse then me and im mediocre on my best days.

Just want the helm really.

I'm up for some trials. I'm probably a little above average. Not gone to Mercury yet but come close. I will be happy with an armour run.

Well if you guys are still around I'm down for a few matches!

Got The Last Word and Her Benevolence from a level 28 PoE.

On Xbox.

Damn man, only exotic I ever got out of a PoE chest was NLB... twice.

I now regret having sharded 2 extra The Last Words I had so much. I've been using the first one I got (all purchased from Xur, hasn't dropped for me yet) and it's so damn good. It was sitting in my vault all this time, but now that it's starting to click I can't believe I've been missing this all this time. I'm still average though...

I have a question for PvP experts. What stats do you consider most important in PvP?
I'm currently trying 2 builds focused on using TLW, HB and AF. The problem is that I'm somewhat limited in the stat distribution. One setup has 209 Int, 156 Dis and 177 Str, while the other has 128 Int, 232 Dis and 177 Str. The perks are the same in both builds. Which one would you consider best?

Damn man, only exotic I ever got out of a PoE chest was NLB... twice.

I now regret having sharded 2 extra The Last Words I had so much. I've been using the first one I got (all purchased from Xur, hasn't dropped for me yet) and it's so damn good. It was sitting in my vault all this time, but now that it's starting to click I can't believe I've been missing this all this time. I'm still average though...

I have a question for PvP experts. What stats do you consider most important in PvP?
I'm currently trying 2 builds focused on using TLW, HB and AF. The problem is that I'm somewhat limited in the stat distribution. One setup has 209 Int, 156 Dis and 177 Str, while the other has 128 Int, 232 Dis and 177 Str. The perks are the same in both builds. Which one would you consider best?

What class? Strength for example is near useless for Titans in PvP

Discipline and Str for locks. The second build is better. Higher intellect does not really matter much in pvp.

Got The Last Word and Her Benevolence from a level 28 PoE.

On Xbox.
Xbox master race confirmed. Yesterday I got Hopscotch Pilgrim as a reward from my first PoE 28. And Thunderlord from the chest. Thunderlord took me an AGE to get on PS4 and Hopscotch is nowhere to be found on those Dragon strikes

riotfig

Neo Member
I'm close @ GMT+10, and there are few more in the same TZ.
You are the closest to me. :) it was cool last night for you to bring the raiders on VoG. Good work!

I may need to find new friends. I've played 600+ hours and yet I've never played with a GAFfer before. What's wrong with me.

Admodieus

Started with Xbox One but kind of want to play this on PS4 but I'd have to start all over, unless Bungie finds a way to allow us to place stuff in the vault, swap consoles, and take items out. (save for the exclusive stuff) I understand our characters are attached to gamertag/PSNid so it'd be impossible to swap chars so I had the idea for the vault thing since that app can be very handy for transferring gear over in a flash.

Sure I could level from scratch to 20, but having gear ready will save some time. Even willing to double dip if I have to.

I'm in a similar boat, although I have my character established on PS4 (34 Titan, Fatebringer and Gjally, working on VoC). It still pales in comparison to my XBox profile (all achievements, three characters, all exotic weapons). The thing with me is that I don't foresee any game in the future that I want to play on my XBox One besides Destiny, so if I can manage to make the switch, I can sell off the XBox. Easier said than done, however, because it just feels better to play with the XBox One controller (especially the triggers).

Sorry was busy losing with a lfg team bungie should just give us final round back instead of half assing and giving the one who have it the upper hand.

deadduck

I don't use a final round Sniper (I'm an average sniper at best) but after going 0-3 to a team with 2 final rounders who unloaded as soon as they spawned I decided to fight fire with fire and get the spear out.

We won.

They need to remove that crap.

Saw this on reddit, great teamwork:

http://imgur.com/ZjaMY7X

Waldini

Final Round.

Either give that perk back to Snipers or remove it completely. Makes no fucking sense. Frustrating as shit to keep getting one-shotted by some dude who as an aim assist of over 9000. GTFO outta here with that shit.

Also ... shoulder charge broken?

Stompen a Warlock. Tried to stomp a Hunter but the charge didn't do shit :eek:

I don't use a final round Sniper (I'm an average sniper at best) but after going 0-3 to a team with 2 final rounders who unloaded as soon as they spawned I decided to fight fire with fire and get the spear out.

We won.

They need to remove that crap.

Happened to us as well last week, they emptied their snipers and we lost the first round.
Tears and me just rushed them and took all the special on the map, never heard from them again.

Last time I used my Spear with FR was on Pastrami's Palace.

deadduck

Tears and me just rushed them and took all the special on the map, never heard from them again.

Love taking all the special. Had one on my FT distracting them at the church while I ran around the map grabbing it all :D

Had one game against a guy using Ice Breaker, pretty decent at it but I ending up zigzag rushing him from the top of the stairs, the shots where getting more panicked as he run out of ammo then kneepad slide fellwintered him. Felt dirty but good.

I hate the church campers, matches take ages.

Anomaly next week pls Bungie.

Kwakye94

Neo Member
Anyone else find it weird to move from a small screen (19") to a huge one (42")? Everything looks nicer but in the crucible i swear my reactions area so much slower

Discipline and Str for locks. The second build is better. Higher intellect does not really matter much in pvp.

Thanks! It's a bit difficult to do a good weapons based perk setup along with good stat distribution, but the second Dis/Str/Int distribution does seem pretty good. This setup is good overall, but missing the enhanced grenade throw.

Should also start using Radiant Skin, seems more useful in non-Trials PvP than Fireborn.

Jinjo

This ain't no good morning man. :(

Yeah, not a good morning at all :(

Edit: This page is now dedicated to one of the greatest minds in gaming

2015-07-13-tributetomriwata.png

nOoblet16

My sniper has a final round but I don't use it unless I've used all other rounds in the magazine (most of the time I just end up reloading anyway), but it can serve as an added advantage sometimes during clutch situations. Still scummy though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom