• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT25| The Taken Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still not feeling the urge to play yet. As if a huge weight had been taken from it. Although given how I just got dumped, playing Destiny would be a great idea.

Armor cores? Any Hunter exotics you kept around?

Otherwise it's ranking up Vanguard/PvP. The Vanguard arms are really good (I/D HC reload). FWC helmet is nice.
Ah yes forgot about the Reef. I do have some gear already for Hunter. Trying to get to 34 as quick as possible though since I have a ton of Etheric light hanging around. Forgot what's required to get to 34.

FOgVskf.png

piratethingy

Self professed bad raider
Except has it been stated anywhere that Destiny 2 is an expansion? And Destiny isn't an MMO. It's a console game.

All those examples posted are PC MMOS. Destiny 2 will be brand new so it can be bigger and in doing so it'll leave the last gen behind leaving any possibilities of it being an expansion to what's currently out.

So you asked for examples from MMOs but now those don't count because Destiny isn't an MMO?

I can see we're having a real discussion here.

GutZ31

Ofcourse, I've thought about that.
But what it doesn't take into encounter is the post game content which will be the same level for everyone..the nightfalls, raids and everything. If post game content is level 40.

Then someone who buys Destiny 2 without Destiny 1 and starts from level 1 might need to grind before they are able to play the post game content compared to someone who has played Destiny 1 and has characters at that level. If they don't then the current playerbase will call out for it being too easy for people to hit level similar to them etc etc, but if the new players are made to grind then they might leave the game believing that the game is geared towards older players.

Every time Bungie has released DLC for Destiny, they have made it really easy to buy gear from the vanguard/crucible quartermasters that are 2 levels under max.
It doesn't take that long to get to 20 doing story or crucible, and soon it will be max level 30.
If that extra 10 levels mean a lot more grinding, then I expect exp items, that they already have to be more commonly available.

Raybunny

Deej said back in December that characters would carry over to sequels, so why is there still speculation on that?

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/12/07/bungie-wants-player-progress-to-carry-over-to-destiny-sequel

It WILL have 2 in the title.

For what ever happens I wont see myself in it. Too much to play in the next 2 years.

BSrKCtf.jpg

Jason Schreier and Kirk Hamilton join us to talk about their experience playing The Taken King at E3!

We hope you enjoy the episode.

Interesting but Kotaku is filled with bullscrap "journalists and journalism" only a couple are good. Was it a good experience for you?

Ken

Ah yes forgot about the Reef. I do have some gear already for Hunter. Trying to get to 34 as quick as possible though since I have a ton of Etheric light hanging around. Forgot what's required to get to 34.

All pieces to the current light cap. So pop a light on the head and boots.

What's for sale with armor cores this week? Hopefully a head or arm? If not then just Vanguard grind to rep2 for the arms IMO and Knucklehead/Symbiote for head.

Shito

Still not feeling the urge to play yet. As if a huge weight had been taken from it. Although given how I just got dumped, playing Destiny would be a great idea.
Oh my, what?
Sad to hear this, really. :/
Don't know if playing in those circumstances would that good of an idea, but I suppose you just have to do whatever you feel like would work for you.

Kyne

So you asked for examples from MMOs but now those don't count because Destiny isn't an MMO?

I can see we're having a real discussion here.

I prefaced this whole thing with "Destiny is an MMO that isn't an MMO."

Bungie is exactly the kind of company who will make us restart from scratch. Look at everything we're going through with the DLCs.

People will buy Destiny 2 because it will have new things and by the time it comes out we'll be bored with the things we have.

Has there been any indication that anything from the current game will be transferred over?

Edit: just read above that there has in fact been indication. That's a relief.

Ikkarus

Also what's up with meleeing as a Hunter? Not sounding creepy but stabbing people in PVP is insanely fun as a Hunter and seems more powerful than normal. I got the majority of my kills that way.
Welcome to the master race of Hunters. :)

Blink Strike on Bladedancers is amazing and I miss it most when I try and melee when I play my Titan. Stupid tiny T-Rex arms. :(

E92 M3

I prefaced this whole thing with "Destiny is an MMO that isn't an MMO."

Bungie is exactly the kind of company who will make us restart from scratch. Look at everything we're going through with the DLCs.

People will buy Destiny 2 because it will have new things and by the time it comes out we'll be bored with the things we have.

Has there been any indication that anything from the current game will be transferred over?

You will get to keep your haircut for De2tiny.

Deku Tree

On Reddit, a Bungie employee posted that the Necrochasm is beastly in the current TTK build.

http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/3co5ta/2_of_my_favourite_guns_are_peashooters_and_im_not/

There is no way a leak like this from an official account like that comes from a random employee who takes it upon themselves to leak this info secretly to Reddit IMO. That post is probably typed out by Deej IMO and the order to leak the info was authorized IMO.

If I am right then why does Bungie leak info this way?

Owensboro

I FINALLY got the Monte Carlo from the big chest after you do Dance With Elders.

I wanted the Monte Carlo because it looked good so was so happy to get it.

I've changed from my single shot One/One Synthesete.

Hah, Congrats! I love when I'm in a raid/group and someone gets exactly what they wanted. It's super awesome to hear the excitement in someone's voice. Wish I could have been there!

There is no way a leak like this comes from a random employee who takes it upon themselves to leak this info secretly to Reddit IMO. That account is probably typed out by Deej IMO and the order to leak the info was authorized IMO.

Maybe they cant talk that freely cuz marketing stuff from activision cause them to be more close in those opinions

GhaleonEB

There is no way a leak like this comes from a random employee who takes it upon themselves to leak this info secretly to Reddit IMO. That account is probably typed out by Deej IMO and the order to leak the info was authorized IMO.

I don't think it's that complex; Bungie/Deej do not work that way. I'd take the post as either someone posing as someone from Bungie, or someone from Bungie being over enthusiastic and posting when they should not have.

I don't care about flawless. There is literally no adept weapon I care to have above what I've gotten already, and I have 30 some etheric light with every piece of owned gear ascended. In short, no pressure. I sent you a party inv.

Hey, I got caught up doing some work and missed it.

Going to play some Dark Souls II PVP, but if you're doing another run, invite me!

todd360

Interesting but Kotaku is filled with bullscrap "journalists and journalism" only a couple are good. Was it a good experience for you?

It was a great experience. Jason and Kirk love Destiny just like the rest of us here.

I'm clicking on the giant yellow thing but nothing is happening.

I put the link in the word episode. I will make the giant yellow thing work as well. Give me a second.

E92 M3

There is no way a leak like this from an official account like that comes from a random employee who takes it upon themselves to leak this info secretly to Reddit IMO. That post is probably typed out by Deej IMO and the order to leak the info was authorized IMO.

That account posts a lot of cool info and statistics. Feel free to go through the post history - there are some interesting tidbits.

Deku Tree

I don't think it's that complex; Bungie/Deej do not work that way. I'd take the post as either someone posing as someone from Bungie, or someone from Bungie being over enthusiastic and posting when they should not have.

It's the official "BungieUserResearch" Reddit account. That account has a long post history on Reddit.

EDIT:

That account posts a lot of cool info and statistics. Feel free to go through the post history - there are some interesting tidbits.

Yeah I was looking at it before I made my post. And I've looked at it before too.

FOgVskf.png

Nice you're level 28 now!

We can do HoW when igor is ready. Get an armor core from another char for variks if you want better boots or save it for whatever he sells tomorrow. Hopefully gloves haha

Oh my, what?
Sad to hear this, really. :/
Don't know if playing in those circumstances would that good of an idea, but I suppose you just have to do whatever you feel like would work for you.

Nah, it wasn't something that serious. We have been dating for a time, but it ended in the friendzone, sadly. I had a bit of hope things would keep advancing, but.. that's life.

I just want' to be with people, even if digitally. I've been all the evening troubleshotting a serious mess of computer (I'm betting on a faulty hard drive), and I really really need to shoot something.

BTW, one thing about HoW. For the Wrath of The Queen missions, do the wolves spain at specific times? I could try to wait in the divide, but I don't know if they come every 30 or 60 minutes.

piratethingy

Self professed bad raider
Nah, it wasn't something that serious. We have been dating for a time, but it ended in the friendzone, sadly. I had a bit of hope things would keep advancing, but.. that's life.

I just want' to be with people, even if digitally. I've been all the evening troubleshotting a serious mess of computer (I'm betting on a faulty hard drive), and I really really need to shoot something.

BTW, one thing about HoW. For the Wrath of The Queen missions, do the wolves spain at specific times? I could try to wait in the divide, but I don't know if they come every 30 or 60 minutes.

add me on psn crophonso

we can bro up and roll sometime, i'm very experienced in getting rejected by woman

it's my class skill

Baliis

Totally anecdotal, but it felt to me when I did a bunch this week was that they came shortly after the public event came up. May have been a total coincidence though

Liamc723

Yah don't be shy! :p

You don't have to talk a lot just communication in raids is essential at times IMO and everyone here is really cool to talk to.

Story, strikes, and lower level Prison of Elders content need very little communication, but Raids, and 34/35 PoE? Those are beasts best taken on with communication.

For raids or competitive crucible yes, but we are nice I promise :)

The game is fun even by yourself, but Bungie designed it so that in some modes you absolutely need friends to play with and did they allow for matchmaking in those game modes? Nope. Its a really fun game that at times youll notice is very stupidly designed.

Cheers guys, I'm going to give the game another chance and re-buy it!

add me on psn crophonso

we can bro up and roll sometime, i'm very experienced in getting rejected by woman

it's my class skill

More like lesbian women in my case. Anyways, she was a gamer, which makes the loss even worse. Not a casual, not hardcore. Just very well balanced.

I have you already in the friend list.

todd360

I've been meaning to be in one of these for a while now, even asked once to join...why do I never get asked ? :(

I will write a note so I remember to let you know when we are doing the next episode. Usually I just ask if anyone wants to join us and no one responds or doesn't show up when we record. Its pretty hard to get a time that works for everyone most of the time as well. Sorry nOoblet. I will make sure you have a spot next time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom