• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT25| The Taken Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deku Tree

There are no playstation exclusive drops in xbox version. So your chances are definitely better.

They're just trying to convince people to come over to Xbox. Not falling in that trap.

Spoiler:

Besides the PS exclusive loot, there's no difference :p

No Bungie secretly still personally likes Xbox more IMO. They are just happy to take Sony's money because it's business.

It's impossible to form a valid opinion about RNG from two sources regardless of their hours played. I am sure Xbox's RNG is the same minus the slight differences in the loot pools for the relevant distribution events.

Deku Tree

It's impossible to form a valid opinion about RNG from two sources regardless of their hours played. I am sure Xbox's RNG is the same minus the slight differences in the loot pools for the relevant distribution events.

No it's because Bungie and MS have known each other for a lot longer though. So the RNG is better.

There are no playstation exclusive drops in xbox version. So your chances are definitely better.

Yeah yeah, whatever. Got the elusive horn as my first exotic. Whatever the reason, lower denominator, etc, I GOT A HORN!

But yeah, loot table is smaller so that's why that is. Hawkmoon is the only one I miss... Until a TLW or Thorn (bounty) drops.

I've also been luckier with legendary drops. Got a matador, spare change, and allfate to drop along with some sick queens weapons. That's probably just coincidence though.

ocean

Banned
Is it true I have a better chance of getting the black hammer from normal CE compared to HM CE?

My buddy told me you're more likely to get primaries from HM. If thats the case I need to start running normal!
Heroic Crota can't drop special or heavy weapons. Black Hammer is a Normal-exclusive drop.

Shingaling

Neo Member
Alrighty, I'm going to start driving home. Hopefully traffic cooperates and we can start this by 4:45. I'll shoot out invites as soon as I can.

Anyone want to run a Normal Crota's End around 4:45 PM EST? I'm looking to knock one out before running errands/preparing dinner.

1. OwensboroEsq (PSN OwensboroEsq)
2. AQ706 (PSN biggy70686)
3. GutZ31 (GutZ31)

I haven't done a raid is quite some time but I'm ready to get back into it.

32 Warlock

PSN: Buttpuddin

Arrrammis

To be fair handcanons do need nerfed badly especially in pvp. . I mean the thorn takes health away even after the bullet which is a joke.

Saying that I feel the golden gun and teleportation stab stuff is also a joke in pvp. The golden gun is essentially an exploding grenade launcher bullet with several attempts to get kills, and the teleportation stab bit last way too long.
Correction: last work and thorn desperately need to be nerfed. Hawkmoon is OK, the only time there's a 2-shot kill is if the perk procs and both hits are headshots. Thorn and Last work can two shot every time (usually first shot ads'ing with last word does the extra damage, as far as I have seen) with two headshots.

Legendary hand cannons are pretty balanced, perhaps less powerful than pulse rifles and scout rifles. I really hope that Bungie learned from the whole auto rifle train wreck that if a single weapon is OP, nerf that weapon, not the entire class.

nOoblet16

Correction: last work and thorn desperately need to be nerfed. Hawkmoon is OK, the only time there's a 2-shot kill is if the perk procs and both hits are headshots. Thorn and Last work can two shot every time (usually first shot ads'ing with last word does the extra damage, as far as I have seen) with two headshots.

Legendary hand cannons are pretty balanced, perhaps less powerful than pulse rifles and scout rifles. I really hope that Bungie learned from the whole auto rifle train wreck that if a single weapon is OP, nerf that weapon, not the entire class.

You require both hits to be headshots for other two guns too though.

In any case TLW can't 2 shot kill unless you hip fire and get headshots or get the hip fire damage bonus to process with ADS (which admittedly is bugged), but there are other caveats like it's also much harder to hit the 2nd headshot with TLW due to lower accuracy. Also if you are shooting mid range then the bonus bug doesn't appears as often as for the bug to appear you need to shoot immediately after you ADS and the nature of mid range to long range shooting prevents that from happening. Basically TLW 2 shotting is quite rare due to the nature of the weapon and the way you use it, the bug needs to be addressed though.

But yea Thorn can two shot all the time with headshots and it's easier to get the headshots due to high accuracy and aim assist.

someday

Banned
Alrighty, I'm going to start driving home. Hopefully traffic cooperates and we can start this by 4:45. I'll shoot out invites as soon as I can.

Anyone want to run a Normal Crota's End around 4:45 PM EST? I'm looking to knock one out before running errands/preparing dinner.

3. GutZ31 (GutZ31)

I'd like to join with my warlock. PSN - someday

Yooooooo you get all your trials shenanigans done? Shady and I were thinking about jumping in later.

I got all my golds, but only made it to Mercury once over the weekend. I have to take care of some errands after work, but I should be able to play around 7pm CST.

GutZ31

No Bungie secretly still personally likes Xbox more IMO. They are just happy to take Sony's money because it's business.

Oh, Bungie just LOVES Microsoft after being forced into making Halo game after Halo game for years.
Microsoft eventually moved the studio to Kirkland, Washington.[57] Despite the move, financial analyst Roger Ehrenberg declared the Bungie-Microsoft marriage "doomed to fail" due to these fundamental differences.[61] Bungie also pointed out that it was tired of new intellectual property being cast aside to work on the Halo franchise.[57] Edge described the typical Bungie employee as "simultaneously irreverent and passionately loyal; fiercely self-critical; full of excitement at the company's achievements, no matter how obscure; [and] recruited from its devoted fanbase."
Clearly, they loved Microsofts way of doing things, and the rich culture at MS.

One of the first things [Microsoft] tried after acquiring Bungie, after first attempting to fully assimilate them, was to move Bungie into a standard Microsoft building with the rest of the game group. But unlike the rest of the teams they'd brought in previously, Bungie didn't move into Microsoft corporate offices – we tore all of the walls out of that section of the building and sat in a big open environment. Luckily Alex and Jason [Seropian and Jones, Bungie's founders] were pretty steadfast at the time about staying somewhat separate and isolated.

On October 1, 2007, Microsoft and Bungie announced that Bungie was splitting off from its parent and becoming a privately held limited liability company named Bungie, LLC.[29][30] As outlined in a deal between the two, Microsoft would retain a minority stake and continue to partner with Bungie on publishing and marketing both Halo and future projects, with the Halo intellectual property belonging to Microsoft.

They had such a good history, I wonder why they would ever run to activision, one of the worst companies gamers cringe to hear the name of.

/s
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bungie

Owensboro

Normal Crota's End. Invites will start @ 4:40 PM EST. Alternatives will be looked for at 4:50-4:55pm.

3. GutZ31 (PSN GutZ31)
4. Shingaling (PSN Buttpuddin)
5. someday (PSN someday)

Need 1 more!

Just a fair warning, I'm no pro but I understand every fight and have been able to solo up to Deathsinger on normal. I'm ready to have some fun screwing around!

Oh. I requested a join for the Neogaf Around the world clan, not sure if it is possible or I need to pass some sort of trial first (that does not involve soloing a nightfall or something like that...)

Lol no trial required, everyone is encouraged to join. There's no admin approval needed either, so anyone who requests is automatically approved. Welcome aboard! :)

Speaking of around the world, I want to take a survey of how many countries are represented in DGAF. Off the top of my head, I can think of USA, Canada, England, Scotland, Belgium, Germany, India, Pakistan, Australia, New Zealand, Brazil and probably a lot more that I'm forgetting right now. Let me know if your country isn't listed here!

Shito

Lol no trial required, everyone is encouraged to join. There's no admin approval needed either, so anyone who requests is automatically approved. Welcome aboard! :)

Speaking of around the world, I want to take a survey of how many countries are represented in DGAF. Off the top of my head, I can think of USA, Canada, England, Scotland, Belgium, Germany, India, Pakistan, Australia, New Zealand, Brazil and probably a lot more that I'm forgetting right now. Let me know if your country isn't listed here!
France here. :)

Double Dutch Destroyers reporting in!

Raybunny

Sexeh Frenchman here. You know it.

phen0m24

According to Unstable and Narmer, it sounds like Xbox has much more generous RNG than PS4. If I didn't already have everything I might be upset.
All my blues so far have turned into
motes. I call bs.

Of course I have 5 Horns and 4 Hawkmoons on PS4. Game is getting even, making me use green shotguns and blue pvp reward handcannons.
I'll never get a 4th Horseman now

Namikaze1

I love you guys! No, I'm not saying that cause I had a couple drinks. You're all cool dudes and dudettes. Don't change, DGAF! Keep being GAF's best community.

Now who wants to do some salvage in an hour? Or a raid? Or Skirmish?

Thanks for the run reign. Sorry I couldn't talk much. I'll communicate more next time ;)
A lot of church camping today, but fun nonetheless.

One more from the Netherlands here. From what I remember Jinjo, Robinson, tears and TheOddOne are also Dutch and maybe more that I don't know of. I'm curious to see who else is.

All my blues so far have turned into
motes. I call bs.

Of course I have 5 Horns and 4 Hawkmoons on PS4. Game is getting even, making me use green shotguns and blue pvp reward handcannons.
I'll never get a 4th Horseman now

It's too late for you. You've already been claimed. You can't escape the void
(or arc, or solar for that matter)
at this point.

ocean

Banned

I'm from the Dominican Republic actually :)

LTWood12

Afternoon DGAF. Feeling lots of love in here today...

Wife is having some girls over tonight, and the baby will be w/ her. So I ought to have a good 4 hours of continuous Destiny tonight. Hopefully T-44 will be in tow. We may do some trials, or go for a flawless Crota's end. What's everyone up to tonight?

edit: My body is in the USA, ma il mio cuore è in Italia

Normal Crota's End. Invites will start @ 4:40 PM EST. Alternatives will be looked for at 4:50-4:55pm.

3. GutZ31 (PSN GutZ31)
4. Shingaling (PSN Buttpuddin)
5. someday (PSN someday)

Need 1 more!

Just a fair warning, I'm no pro but I understand every fight and have been able to solo up to Deathsinger on normal. I'm ready to have some fun screwing around!
You guys still have spot?

Meneses

Portugal here, and there's a few more in DGAF.

Anyone on Xbox looking for people to run stuff like trials and raids/poe with? I'm available for all that stuff every week. I'm still getting my shit together when it comes to trials but I'm not terrible either.

Got characters/gear for every occasion. Only thing I don't have is a Titan who can get bubbles going.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom