• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT25| The Taken Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Totally anecdotal, but it felt to me when I did a bunch this week was that they came shortly after the public event came up. May have been a total coincidence though

That happened to me in The Mothyards, I believe. One of those "kill the enemy" events, the vandal moved too close to the wolves when escaping, and goodbye.

Also damn, I have my alt hunter at level 7 and it really sucks having to run again from the queenbreaker.

purg3

slept with Malkin
What I find more disheartening is that the sandbox team loves bullet hoses. Sigh.

They must have significantly upped the damage on whatever internal build they are testing, right? I mean that's the only logical explanation. Otherwise, I can't even....

Also, I'm preparing for hand cannons to be nerfed into oblivion.

todd360

They must have significantly upped the damage on whatever internal build they are testing, right? I mean that's the only logical explanation. Otherwise, I can't even....

Also, I'm preparing for hand cannons to be nerfed into oblivion.

They better make them high dps. Bullet hoses are hard to control and are absolutely worthless when they are also low damage.

ive been working on leveling my wifes character on her own profile. Im kind of enjoying the 1-20 grind. Doing bounties I havnt touched in months like the 9k exp without dying one. So im on venus doing some patrol missions and head over to an area for some spirit bloom. and out of nowhere I get one shot by a damn scorch cannon! at 8565 exp.

In addition I forgot how difficult some of these bounties and this game can be in general without OP weapons. at level 17 now. should by 20 before the night is out. then the real grind begins.

Shito

Nah, it wasn't something that serious. We have been dating for a time, but it ended in the friendzone, sadly. I had a bit of hope things would keep advancing, but.. that's life.

I just want' to be with people, even if digitally. I've been all the evening troubleshotting a serious mess of computer (I'm betting on a faulty hard drive), and I really really need to shoot something.

BTW, one thing about HoW. For the Wrath of The Queen missions, do the wolves spain at specific times? I could try to wait in the divide, but I don't know if they come every 30 or 60 minutes.
Ah, getting friendzoned: I know of this thing. ^^
Better to get a reject than keep hopes for too long, though, even if it still hurts the same.
Shooting things will help. :)

The wolves spawn on a timer, it seems to be once every 10 minutes or so, so definitely try to wait in the zone you want the bounty from, it usually ain't that long, and you most often than not get people tagging along to help while waiting.

Oh. I requested a join for the Neogaf Around the world clan, not sure if it is possible or I need to pass some sort of trial first (that does not involve soloing a nightfall or something like that...)

GutZ31

Anyone want to run a Normal Crota's End around 4:45 PM EST? I'm looking to knock one out before running errands/preparing dinner.

1. OwensboroEsq

If you end up needing a sword running, or just an extra, feel free to throw me an invite.
GutZ31

Raybunny

It was a great experience. Jason and Kirk love Destiny just like the rest of us here.

I put the link in the word episode. I will make the giant yellow thing work as well. Give me a second.

That is good to know. I will listen to it!

I've seen streamers miraculously add items to their inventory from another character or vault while playing. How do they do this?

They can use Destiny Item manager or Tower Ghost destiny for Chrome and Firefox and the app on android/iphone

Liamc723

I've just bought my copy of Destiny off Amazon, and that should be with me in a few days. I also got on the PS4 and purchased the expansion pass expecting the 2 pieces of DLC to be lengthy downloads...but nothing is downloading.

Do I not need to download anything and they'll be available when I boot the game up, or has something gone wrong?

SeanR1221

Is it true I have a better chance of getting the black hammer from normal CE compared to HM CE?

My buddy told me you're more likely to get primaries from HM. If thats the case I need to start running normal!

ocean

Banned
I've just bought my copy of Destiny off Amazon, and that should be with me in a few days. I also got on the PS4 and purchased the expansion pass expecting the 2 pieces of DLC to be lengthy downloads...but nothing is downloading.

Do I not need to download anything and they'll be available when I boot the game up, or has something gone wrong?
They are downloaded as an update to the game once you install it.

todd360

Is it true I have a better chance of getting the black hammer from normal CE compared to HM CE?

My buddy told me you're more likely to get primaries from HM. If thats the case I need to start running normal!

I think I got mine from normal before hard mode was released.

EL CUCO

Jason Schreier and Kirk Hamilton join us to talk about their experience playing The Taken King at E3!

We hope you enjoy the episode.
Everything was Fig
:p

Pretty cool chat. I like how Todd jumps in every once in a while to make sure the the convo doesn't go off the rails lol

Jason and Kirk seem like good Destiny peeps.

I never saw it drop once in all my HM clears. I ran Normal this week twice and finally got the Hammer. I am still missing the fusion rifle, but meh on that.

Shito

Yeah it's true.
I need to run more NM CE, I'm still missing the Hunger...

Raybunny

Secondary weapons = Normal mode
Primary = Hard mode

Heavy weapons drop on both I think ( do not recall)

SeanR1221

I think I got mine from normal before hard mode was released.

I never saw it drop once in all my HM clears. I ran Normal this week twice and finally got the Hammer. I am still missing the fusion rifle, but meh on that.

Yeah it's true.
I need to run more NM CE, I'm still missing the Hunger...

Secondary weapons = Normal mode
Primary = Hard mode

Heavy weapons drop on both I think ( do not recall)

So its true! Good to know.

If I ran HM first, could I still snag a black hammer from Normal? Or do you not get any normal rewards after running HM?

todd360

Everything was Fig
:p

Pretty cool chat. I like how Todd jumps in every once in a while to make sure the the convo doesn't go off the rails lol

Jason and Kirk seem like good Destiny peeps.

Is that such a bad thing? I for one welcome our Fig overlords. haha

Its a tough job cuco. It goes off the rails constantly. Fig can talk for days about her hate for omnigul and a whole bunch of other destiny related stuff.

Congrats! Did you PM Lnkn? Link is in the OP.

There are a lot of new GLords incoming, one of the flawless raids we did yesterday had at least 3.

Yes there are. Thanks again for guiding us through that. Was a lot of fun.

Still not sure how I escaped those purple balls of death during the Ir Yut phase. I had zero health left. None. I was already preparing my apology to the group. But then a blink strike and a cowardly scamper into LawyerCop's well-timed panic bubble that he laid down in a gracious act of mercy saved the day.

Shito

If I ran HM first, could I still snag a black hammer from Normal? Or do you not get any normal rewards after running HM?
The latter: you don't get anything from NM if you run HM first.
So if you're looking for a Black Hammer
like unstable is
, you should run NM and then HM.

Nope. Once you run HM, you're done til the next week. I made the same mistake on my Xb char this week. Ran NM after hoping that would be the case but it wasn't.

Deku Tree

According to Unstable and Narmer, it sounds like Xbox has much more generous RNG than PS4. If I didn't already have everything I might be upset.

congrats on that lordship!

I just one measly trophy away from being a lord :(

Make that Warlock! ;)

Oh. I requested a join for the Neogaf Around the world clan, not sure if it is possible or I need to pass some sort of trial first (that does not involve soloing a nightfall or something like that...)

That's Drizzay's clan, I guess you have to correctly guess the amount of health that Crota has ;)

Owensboro

Alrighty, I'm going to start driving home. Hopefully traffic cooperates and we can start this by 4:45. I'll shoot out invites as soon as I can.

Anyone want to run a Normal Crota's End around 4:45 PM EST? I'm looking to knock one out before running errands/preparing dinner.

1. OwensboroEsq (PSN OwensboroEsq)
2. AQ706 (PSN biggy70686)
3. GutZ31 (GutZ31)

To be fair handcanons do need nerfed badly especially in pvp. . I mean the thorn takes health away even after the bullet which is a joke.

Saying that I feel the golden gun and teleportation stab stuff is also a joke in pvp. The golden gun is essentially an exploding grenade launcher bullet with several attempts to get kills, and the teleportation stab bit last way too long.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom