• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT25| The Taken Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

todd360

Just finished listening to the episode. Good stuff. How often do you have guests from Gaf on it?

Everyone who posts here is welcome to join us. All I ask is that your mic isn't garbage. Fig uses a playstation gold headset and that sounds fine. I use a Samson Meteor Mic with a pop filter on it. I will ask if anyone wants to join us next time we do an episode. All you need to do is pm me your skype name and be available at the time we come up with it. We always record on the weekend.

Fig, the episode has 601 clicks already. I think we did good lol.

LTWood12

Yeah I should be available later. Need to finish some life and thread responsibilities first but hopefully they won't take too long. Gotta get the new OT ready to roll, not sure when we'll hit 20k posts but I'll post the new one before I sleep again that's for sure, lol.

Maybe 9-10pm EST I'll be able to game.

I hear ya. Can't believe we're already to 26. Timing should work out perfectly. I'm up for pretty much whatever. Trying to wrangle T-44 into playing too.

Everyone who posts here is welcome to join us. All I ask is that your mic isn't garbage. Fig uses a playstation gold headset and that sounds fine. I use a Samson Meteor Mic with a pop filter on it. I will ask if anyone wants to join us next time we do an episode. All you need to do is pm me your skype name and be available at the time we come up with it. We always record on the weekend.

lol they came for the celebrities

we should definitely get them on for when TTK comes out

LTWood12

Personally, I kind of like it being the DGAF mainstays (Todd, Fig, Bogue, Hawk, Nami). Selfishly, I'd love to join you guys sometime, but I'm afraid more people could take it off the rails. Kind of like that's it's always ya'll.

Also, what the hell happened to Greenymac?

Trials was brutal last night we had this one guy sniping from a point id never seen anyone on and he never missed other than that every single match had atleast one final rounder .Its tough with lfg randoms basically no chance against teams who regularly play together I have 4-1 really hope after hours of trying i can atleast get 5 wins.

todd360

Personally, I kind of like it being the DGAF mainstays (Todd, Fig, Bogue, Hawk, Nami). Selfishly, I'd love to join you guys sometime, but I'm afraid more people could take it off the rails. Kind of like that's it's always ya'll.

I haven't talked to him lately. He hasn't been playing destiny as much as far as I know.

We would love to have you join us on an episode sometime. Like I said before, everyone here is welcome.

We'd love to have you! Just let Todd worry about it going off the rails, I don't really think about it much as you can probably tell. :p

He stopped playing for a bit, so decided not to take part as he'd not have much to contribute.

Lnkn52

Yeah I should be available later. Need to finish some life and thread responsibilities first but hopefully they won't take too long. Gotta get the new OT ready to roll, not sure when we'll hit 20k posts but I'll post the new one before I sleep again that's for sure, lol.

Maybe 9-10pm EST I'll be able to game.
I sent you a whole bunch of stuff. Let me know if you need any assistance. PMs is not an efficient way of sending stuff.

I haven't talked to him lately. He hasn't been playing destiny as much as far as I know.

We would love to have you join us on an episode sometime. Like I said before, everyone here is welcome.
Well I'm glad you guys stopped inviting the DS4. He was louder than Fig sometimes.

Ganhyun

LTWood12

We'd love to have you! Just let Todd worry about it going off the rails, I don't really think about it much as you can probably tell. :p

He stopped playing for a bit, so decided not to take part as he'd not have much to contribute.

Aw guys...

todd360

I sent you a whole bunch of stuff. Let me know if you need any assistance. PMs is not an efficient way of sending stuff.

Well I'm glad you guys stopped inviting the DS4. He was louder than Fig sometimes.

Everyone puts their DS4 in a basket and hands it to me before we start. That is how I imagine it anyways lol. I think Jason was actually playing something as we were recording haha. He did a good job keeping it quiet.

Gamertag in profile. If you are on Xbox, and you play trials, add me. A couple people from here have added me, but they don't play with me for whatever reason.

http://destinytracker.com/destiny/playlists/xbox/taeshik cha/trialsOfOsiris

I got there by carrying, and playing with people. I don't even have a team. I post this because I feel like I need to sell myself in order to get people to invite me for some trials.
Oops I know you , didn't recognize your GAF name. I'll play tonight if you're on.

Give up dude. It's miserable. I'm convinced that it will never drop on my account.

I knowwwww but it looks so pretty :eek:

Plus it has potential. It could be good. Sometime. Eventually. Never. :I

ALL OF THEM :mad:

I never gave a crap about it, one day while doing Eris bounties to level gear on that one mission it dropped. Ain't even equipped it heh, but I don't have a Crux... (only 4 HM CE clears!)

I only have one :(

If people are needing help with Poe/raids I'd be happy to help out if needed. A break from running fist is not a bad thing >.>

Xboners, feel free to add me for raids/PoE/trials etc. my friends list there is a bit on the small side. Gamertag is same as Gaf name. PS4 too.

Add me back (since xbox is weird in that I don't get notifications if someone friends you)

My GT is BluePhazon1337

EDIT:
Gamertag in profile. If you are on Xbox, and you play trials, add me. A couple people from here have added me, but they don't play with me for whatever reason.

I got there by carrying, and playing with people. I don't even have a team. I post this because I feel like I need to sell myself in order to get people to invite me for some trials.

I'll add you too!

I'll add you. AmateurHour212 on XB1. Don't need a carry necessarily but would like to play with some good players.

Edit: the link you provided tells me that you will indeed be carrying me.

It's not until you need something from PvP that you realise what a shit show it is. Special moves and shotguns galore.

I wish I saw more Vex in the Crucible. I finally got it and it reminds me of when Auto Rifles were good.

Thorn is probably still better/easier though, seems like a huge number of people just run Thorn/shotgun now.

Moobabe

Thorn is really only useful for PvP though. If you don't like Ceucible don't bother with it :)

I don't mind PvP - I enjoyed it when Destiny first came out. Now it's settled down though:

I wish I saw more Vex in the Crucible. I finally got it and it reminds me of when Auto Rifles were good.

Thorn is probably still better/easier though, seems like a huge number of people just run Thorn/shotgun now.

And it's like this. I still honestly believe special abilities have no place in a competitive game mode either - Blade Dancer is a joke in PvP :(

Owensboro

Normal Crota's End. Invites will start @ 4:40 PM EST. Alternatives will be looked for at 4:50-4:55pm.

1. OwensboroEsq (PSN OwensboroEsq)
2. AQ706 (PSN biggy70686)
3. GutZ31 (PSN GutZ31)
4. Shingaling (PSN Buttpuddin)
5. someday (PSN someday)
6. Sengar

Just a fair warning, I'm no pro but I understand every fight and have been able to solo up to Deathsinger on normal. I'm ready to have some fun screwing around!

This is me quoting myself. I know, pathetic.

HOWEVER. I just wanted to say this this raid group was AWESOME and all of these people are super fun to play with. We completed normal, I got to learn to use the sword on Crota, and then we immediately went to Hard Mode and completed the entire place.

Thanks for the awesome run everyone. People like you make me realize how awesome Destiny GAF is.

GutZ31

Normal Crota's End. Invites will start @ 4:40 PM EST. Alternatives will be looked for at 4:50-4:55pm.

1. OwensboroEsq (PSN OwensboroEsq)
2. AQ706 (PSN biggy70686)
3. GutZ31 (PSN GutZ31)
4. Shingaling (PSN Buttpuddin)
5. someday (PSN someday)
6. Senega

Need 1 more!

Just a fair warning, I'm no pro but I understand every fight and have been able to solo up to Deathsinger on normal. I'm ready to have some fun screwing around!

Great raid everyone.
Very impressed with the teamwork and taking direction.

Ikkarus

I've had 2 legendary engrams drop while farming husk, a white common item.

2 legendaries.

0 common.

Fuck a duck.
I remember having to farm for that gun I must of literally replayed the Fist of Crota mission about 100 times.

I still have Eris' words etched in my brain "We went to the moon seeking vengeance but it found us first. Crota, son of Ooryx......."

Deku Tree

I'm working on it with a few others here. I'll still play on PS4... But the controller has really swayed me. Someone mentioned a way for me to use the XB1 controller on PS4... That would be pimp.

Tell me How can you play PS4 with an official XB1 controller? Is there input lag?

I remember having to farm for that gun I must of literally replayed the Fist of Crota mission about 100 times.

I still have Eris' words etched in my brain "We went to the moon seeking vengeance but it found us first. Crota, son of Ooryx......."

Why didn't you just turn down the volume after 50 tries.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom