• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT25| The Taken Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am seriously considering being on Xbox, but I'm just wondering who is actually doing this as well? Because I'll be making just one character. (Titan, obviously).

I just started up my first xb1 character. Happy to pay it forward and run you through the story BS. Took me two days to hit 22. It's nice to feel some progression again.

phen0m24

I am seriously considering being on Xbox, but I'm just wondering who is actually doing this as well? Because I'll be making just one character. (Titan, obviously).

Me. I got my son one for his bday next month. I know Narmer is on Xbox, ZW33 is, Unstable is, E92 is, (oh yeah there's that list in the OT).

I'll make a Hunter though. My son already has a Titan so I have to be different.
Who am I kidding I may make all 3.

Look it's the Narmer himself! :)

Daemul

This is how MM in the Crucible works, it's based on player combat rating.

Team 1(Your team) CR:614

Team 2 CR:678

Balance
KuGsj.gif

I'm finding it really hard to find trials teams. It's almost like raids used to be. Raid teams would form with the same people each week and do the raid like clockwork, and then the same the following week.

So it seems trials peeps like to play with people they know are strong - which is fine and fair.

I think for someone like me (and I can't believe i am saying this) a matchmade version of ToO would be good (take out the mercury possibility to make the non-matchmade version more special I guess).

I've tried all weekend long to get the rocket launcher. Come close a few times. People I've managed to roll with are good guys and it's been fun, but we're all kind of 'orphans' in that we haven't managed to get into a clique of regulars that do trials.

I've practically begged people who I know are good to help me, and ...well...politely ignored.

It's not a complaint more than an observation - for someone like me who is just average in PvP, the ToO rewards are just out of reach without a good anchor player on the team. I've been fortunate enough to be carried by Unstable and Wicked a couple of times which I am grateful for.

Sorry for the mini-vent. It's just a bit frustrating is all. :)

I kinda agree. I've ran trials with various gaffers and we've had a great time and battled for each win and I've felt a real sense of accomplishment whether we got the gold package or just a few wins. But part of me just wants one easy trip to Mercury just so I can finally see the place.

The guys who run the carry trains are incredibly helpful and it's an amazing thing they do for the community. I just wish I could get in on it. But with my work schedule / family and the time zone differences it's like waiting for the planets to align.

I know if I was available more often odds are I would have made it onto one of the many carry trains. But till then I just keep trying to get myself there and I'm seeing slow improvements each week and less annoying deaths.

I'm not ranting, more lamenting my own situation that means I'm missing out on a piece of content. I'm only partially bothered about the weapons and armour. It's just the actual lighthouse I want to see. I've held off from viewing it on YouTube so I can fully appreciate it when I finally get there.

Me. I got my son one for his bday next month. I know Narmer is on Xbox, ZW33 is, Unstable is, E92 is, (oh yeah there's that list in the OT).

I'll make a Hunter though. My son already has a Titan so I have to be different.
Who am I kidding I may make all 3.

Look it's the Narmer himself! :)

Yeah buddy. I'm really enjoying playing from the living room couch. Definitely like the controller better as well. PS4 picture quality seems a little sharper to me but it's barely noticeable.

Yeah buddy. I'm really enjoying playing from the living room couch. Definitely like the controller better as well. PS4 picture quality seems a little sharper to me but it's barely noticeable.

Oh yeah for sure. I'll probably start on my character this week. My gamer tag is.....x_iStinkfisT you can add me if you want lol

Namikaze1

I'm just drinking whatever I pull out from the cabinet as we play. Taking a swig for every time fig curses.

I lived a long life. Please bury my PS4 with me.

phen0m24

I'll participate on the Bone:

A) when it's available
B) When Narmer Quest is in full swing
C) If you promise not to leave PS4 GAF if
when
you get the Horn first on the other console lol man

Trace

Banned
Bought the Xbox One version, started playing. Level 7 hunter with all whites versus level 34s with Felwinter/Thorn/etc and I'm top of the team every game. Kind of sad really.

phen0m24

Bought the Xbox One version, started playing. Level 7 hunter with all whites versus level 34s with Felwinter/Thorn/etc and I'm top of the team every game. Kind of sad really.

There's another one. :)

I'm phen0m24 on Xbox, but I'll likely change that to Colonelocorn for continuity's sake. :)

Sucks for you guys that are struggling to get some ToO teams together :/

I'd usually put together a few runs for various stuff but i've not played in over 2 weeks and i still have a week left before i get back home :I

But when i do.....

Destiny all nighter baby.

LiK

Saturday is when I usually play Trials but due to construction in the basement, I had to hold off until Sunday night. Played pretty awful when I play wanting something rather than for fun.

oneils

Dumb question - hit the weekly cap for crucible marks. can I spend some and re-earn them? Or do I have to wait until the reset to earn more?

I'm not at crucible rank 2 yet so I can't buy anything from the quartermaster except materials.

phen0m24

What? Has unstable really started a movement of sorts?

I don't know, maybe? He was streaming on the Bone last weekend.

Can I be perfectly honest? My son is great at the game, and he doesn't want his own PS4 as his cousins play on 360. I'm getting him the Bone hoping that he can hook up with some of the fine Bone GAF alumni.

I'm not unlocking the last perk on my Celestial Nighthawk so I can rock it in the Crucible. Fashion Destiny > Everything Else :p
I will unlock it on my next one, though xD.

Apt101

Dumb question - hit the weekly cap for crucible marks. can I spend some and re-earn them? Or do I have to wait until the reset to earn more?

I'm not at crucible rank 2 yet so I can't buy anything from the quartermaster except materials.

No, you can't earn more until the reset.

the weekly cap is 100 no matter what. and you can only have 200 marks total. so you can spend to lower the total cap. but not the weekly cap. 100 is the max you can earn in a week

BTW, Is there any cue about how The Taken King will be more Halo-Like? I can only think of:

- Better story missions with better cutscenes, npc's, etc.

- Guardians on a Warthog.

Frenden

Banned
I'm not unlocking the last perk on my Celestial Nighthawk so I can rock it in the Crucible. Fashion Destiny > Everything Else :p
I will unlock it on my next one, though xD.

There's a hidden perk that increases initial aerial accuracy (think: icarus), but I don't know if that's unlocked with the final perk or not.

LunaticPuma

dresses business casual
I'm adding those of you who are alting on Xbox now. If you need any help leveling, hit me up (GT: LunaticPuma). I'd love to get some GAF trials trains going eventually.

vctor182

It's down to personal preference.

I really dig the Messenger so I've always stuck with that one. Red Death is the only other Pulse rifle I use in PvP.

I don't have the Pilgrim but heard great things about it, I want to know if it's worth the hunt or if the Messenger is better since I have one and it's really good, right at the line of being broken lol

phen0m24

So, Messenger vs Pilgrim who wins?
Give me Messenger or give me death.
I already own 4 or 5 of them and have leveled 2 now.

That gun on Pantheon is a freaking laser beam. "Oh I'm sorry, you were sniping? Let me help you." 2-bursting snipers like it's going out of style.

Supposedly the HP is awesome but you have to grind Dragon Strikes to get
RNG
one? No thanks. Messenger will do. :)

ich00

yes indeed..I don't stay up too late on weeknights but 9:30 should be good if you would like to add me? psn same as gaf :)

Shot you an FR, I'll post something here when I'm on. My Destiny playing is at the mercy of my son falling asleep at a normal time, but it's usually around 9-930 or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom