• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT25| The Taken Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiK

Give me Messenger or give me death.
I already own 4 or 5 of them and have leveled 2 now.

That gun on Pantheon is a freaking laser beam. "Oh I'm sorry, you were sniping? Let me help you." 2-bursting snipers like it's going out of style.

Supposedly the HP is awesome but you have to grind Dragon Strikes to get
RNG
one? No thanks. Messenger will do. :)

Yea, it's awesome against snipers as long as you can get your shot in faster than them.

WipedOut

I don't know, maybe? He was streaming on the Bone last weekend.

Can I be perfectly honest? My son is great at the game, and he doesn't want his own PS4 as his cousins play on 360. I'm getting him the Bone hoping that he can hook up with some of the fine Bone GAF alumni.

Added you new PS4 to XB1 Guys - Hit us XB1 Gaffers up if you need help.

I don't have the Pilgrim but heard great things about it, I want to know if it's worth the hunt or if the Messenger is better since I have one and it's really good, right at the line of being broken lol

They're really similar, I'd give a slight edge to Pilgrim. Is the hunt worth it? Depends on the player, if you want the absolute best and want every advantage you can get then it's probably worth it. If not, it's not really a big deal. The Messenger is still an amazing pulse rifle.

They're really similar, I'd give a slight edge to Pilgrim. Is the hunt worth it? Depends on the player, if you want the absolute best and want every advantage you can get then it's probably worth it. If not, it's not really a big deal. The Messenger is still an amazing pulse rifle.

What advantage does the Pilgrim offer? I've never actually heard of it - is that it's full name?

spyder_ur

I'm finding it really hard to find trials teams. It's almost like raids used to be. Raid teams would form with the same people each week and do the raid like clockwork, and then the same the following week.

So it seems trials peeps like to play with people they know are strong - which is fine and fair.

I think for someone like me (and I can't believe i am saying this) a matchmade version of ToO would be good (take out the mercury possibility to make the non-matchmade version more special I guess).

I've tried all weekend long to get the rocket launcher. Come close a few times. People I've managed to roll with are good guys and it's been fun, but we're all kind of 'orphans' in that we haven't managed to get into a clique of regulars that do trials.

I've practically begged people who I know are good to help me, and ...well...politely ignored.

It's not a complaint more than an observation - for someone like me who is just average in PvP, the ToO rewards are just out of reach without a good anchor player on the team. I've been fortunate enough to be carried by Unstable and Wicked a couple of times which I am grateful for.

Sorry for the mini-vent. It's just a bit frustrating is all. :)

I hear you on this. Another thing I think contributes is that a lot of people are just waiting around for the better players to have a chance to hop on their games, even (or especially) the above average to really good players. I understand why but would personally rather just play with people when I have the time to do so - given the change in passage coins there's no real risk or anything.

My favorite Mercury run was just a Saturday afternoon hopping on and trying to get the chest with a couple guys I hadn't player with before.

On this note, I'm trying to get the launcher - haven't had that much time this week but would really like a shot at it before reset, if you see me on later.

I love Trials, but it kind of ties into an overall disappointment of mine with HoW in that they moved the endgame activities to 3-man rather than 6 person raid groups. Loses some appeal for me, but that applies to PoE moreso I think.

Imogen's Fire: aka Titan's Swag

shMsU3U.jpg

zTT5Ieu.jpg

Sy9pLhK.jpg

n6gJPnS.jpg

noomi

Alright, just got home, have a few hours to kill....

Should be good to go in about 20min to do some 35 PoE or attempt at Mercury

I hear you on this. Another thing I think contributes is that a lot of people are just waiting around for the better players to have a chance to hop on their games, even (or especially) the above average to really good players. I understand why but would personally rather just play with people when I have the time to do so - given the change in passage coins there's no real risk or anything.

My favorite Mercury run was just a Saturday afternoon hopping on and trying to get the chest with a couple guys I hadn't player with before.

On this note, I'm trying to get the launcher - haven't had that much time this week but would really like a shot at it before reset, if you see me on later.

That would be great - please add me if I am not on your FL already - my psn and gaf are the same.

I too have good memories of a mercury run with guys that just formed randomly, but that was when trials was fairly new and the competition wasn't quite so brutal! burning shrine.

When it comes to base stats it has higher stab, reload, and magazine size. Plus you have the ability to reroll it. Additionally it has higher aim assist and equip time.

The full name is Hopscotch Pilgrim.
Cool thanks! Haven't had any excuse to run dragon playlist at all, so will give that a spin.

vctor182

I'm checking their stats and they're really similar but it seems Pilgrim has better base stability, reload speed and more aim assist, not to mention it's re-rollable.... let the hunt begin...

EDIT: Beaten like a Nami shooting a gjallarhorn in front of a dreg's grenade

I love Trials, but it kind of ties into an overall disappointment of mine with HoW in that they moved the endgame activities to 3-man rather than 6 person raid groups. Loses some appeal for me, but that applies to PoE moreso I think.

As much as I love Trials, this is what bugged me a bit as well. Really enjoyed the 6 man activities. Too bad IB is so laggy compared to ToO, but it might be a welcome change and chance to play with more GAF'ers.

Ganhyun

If I could learn from some of these awesome PVP players like Unstable and such, I could maybe 'git gud' enough to carry folks on the XB1.

spyder_ur

That would be great - please add me if I am not on your FL already - my psn and gaf are the same.

I too have good memories of a mercury run with guys that just formed randomly, but that was when trials was fairly new and the competition wasn't quite so brutal! burning shrine.

We're friends - I'm spyder_ur. If you find a PvP sherpa in the meantime, no worries. I would rate my PvP skills as competent-to-good. That's my new slogan.

As much as I love Trials, this is what bugged me a bit as well. Really enjoyed the 6 man activities. Too bad IB is so laggy compared to ToO, but it might be a welcome change and chance to play with more GAF'ers.

I used to like raiding with my former raid group a lot. But I don't get invites to those groups anymore, there's only room for 3.

being the least popular in the group sucks lol

Damn, 8-1 on that run. So unlucky.

Good idea NoThru, totally forgot he could buy the Boots to get his light level up. Oh well, better next time.

spyder_ur

Holy shit that looks awesome.

Back home from the hospital Gaf. May try to sneak away to Mercury tonight, but not holding my breath :)

Congrats again LT. Do we get to know the name? I know you said it wasn't Variks which was your first parental mistake. If you're LT. Wood, than your son or daughter should be, what, Sergeant Wood or something?

I used to like raiding with my former raid group a lot. But I don't get invites to those groups anymore, there's only room for 3.

Same here, half of the old team stopped playing the game. Luckily I met a lot of fun people on GAF, that actually joined my clan and now I play with them every day. But I can imagine that there are a lot of "floaters" around here without a preset team. And then it can be pretty hard to find groups.

spyder_ur

I always have a blast with IB - it's been some of my favorite times in the game even if the mode itself can be a shitshow.

Yeah, I think a side effect of this is that Gaf is also a bit less instrumental in grouping up. Mostly I just look at my friends lists and shoot messages and hear back (20 minutes later thanks to PSN). It's just a bit easier to do that and get going - you don't see the early in the day raid lists like you used to.

LTWood12

First few weeks of new baby are the best, they sleep so much! I caught up on so many movies / games when my son was born, it was fantastic.

She had a c-section last time so I was pretty much running the show that first week. This time was the "traditional" way, so wife is doing great.

raindoc

Same here, half of the old team stopped playing the game. Luckily I met a lot of fun people on GAF, that actually joined my clan and now I play with them every day. But I can imagine that there are a lot of "floaters" around here without a preset team. And then it can be pretty hard to find groups.

pretty much all non-gaffers on my friendslist stopped playing destiny - i'm relying solely on this thread and every weekend I spend more time looking for a group than actually playing trials. it's beyond frustrating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom