• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT25| The Taken Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

LTWood12

You weren't able to pull of a middle name of Belmont were you?

i MAY have suggested that...

Oooooh yeah Simon is great, regal and unique without being pretentious. Well done!

Just what we were going for!

You two are lucky! When my boys were born it was like "Sleep? what's that?"

;)

it gets to that point pretty quick, but out of the gate both of mine seek to be pretty chill. About the two week mark I remember it getting pretty sleepless.

I miss the 6 mans also. TTK better deliver. I haven't done PoE for like 4 weeks now. The shortest I've ever done PvE end game . I've done Skolas 3x total, and Lvl 28/32/34 just 3x (1 each char) the first week and that's it.

Nuszka

I miss the 6 mans also. TTK better deliver. I haven't done PoE for like 4 weeks now. The shortest I've ever done PvE end game . I've done Skolas 3x total, and Lvl 28/32/34 just 3x (1 each char) the first week and that's it.

Yeah seems like i only do poe to either complete the current bounty or get a fresh one, when i get all the exotics think i will be done.

spyder_ur

Oh right! lol

I wish PSN names were on gaf profiles to see easily.

Yeah I haven't done PoE for at least the last 2, maybe 3 resets. I've even got a cypher just sitting around. Most of it is I don't honestly find the content that compelling. I also don't like that it's fragmented with all of the different levels - I would be more likely to do it if the rewards rolled into the next level or something, or if 35 had everything.

In case anyone doesn't know, you can preview any shader in the game on your Guardian on destinytracker.

http://db.destinytracker.com/character/psn/souldestroyer199/shaders
hwyd8he3bphlijux1zrr.png

I really want:

- Cleopatra AK
- Fallen Crown
- Bittersteel
- Amber Hoplite
- Eye of the Mad God?
- Blacksmith ( I pre ordered COD and din't recieve the shader :I)

Actually fuck it. There's at least 20 that i want :I

In case anyone doesn't know, you can preview any shader in the game on your Guardian on destinytracker.

http://db.destinytracker.com/character/psn/souldestroyer199/shaders

I really want:

- Cleopatra AK
- Fallen Crown
- Bittersteel
- Amber Hoplite
- Eye of the Mad God?
- Blacksmith ( I pre ordered COD and din't recieve the shader :I)

Actually fuck it. There's at least 20 that i want :I

There are so many shaders there that I've never come across in my hundreds of hours of play. How do you even get stuff like Amber Hoplite and Eye of the Mad God?

Haybro

Sure thing.

I really need to figure out how to edit my posts with quotes after the initial post gets made. I can't figure it out.

Cool, I should be on around 8. Also, I've recently switched to jumper controls so I may or may not throw random grenades and/or panic pop a super.

oneils

You guys have been really helpful to me. Gaf destiny is pretty awesome. Now that I have buttered you up, I have a few more noobie questions.

1. In the destination screen, on the left with the daily heroic, is a selection for the crucible. Seems redundant. Does that daily selection offer a bonus?

2. How about the house of wolves variant. There is a selection in the crucible screen for a house of wolves multiplayer match. What is this? Does it also provide reward bonuses?

Thanks.

Trace

Banned
You guys have been really helpful to me. Gaf destiny is pretty awesome. Now that I have buttered you up, I have a few more noobie questions.

1. In the destination screen, on the left with the daily heroic, is a selection for the crucible. Seems redundant. Does that daily selection offer a bonus?

2. How about the house of wolves variant. There is a selection in the crucible screen for a house of wolves multiplayer match. What is this? Does it also provide reward bonuses?

Thanks.

Daily crucible gives you some passage coins and motes for the first game you play of the day.

The House of Wolves variant is HoW maps only, no vanilla/TDB maps in that playlist. It just gives normal crucible rewards.

PuMa

Thanks.

1 - Doing the Daily crucible once every day will get you motes and a passage coin.
2 - The House of Wolves variant is just the new HoW maps. Nothing extra.

OkayRene

Give me Messenger or give me death.
I already own 4 or 5 of them and have leveled 2 now.

That gun on Pantheon is a freaking laser beam. "Oh I'm sorry, you were sniping? Let me help you." 2-bursting snipers like it's going out of style.

Supposedly the HP is awesome but you have to grind Dragon Strikes to get
RNG
one? No thanks. Messenger will do. :)

Which scope do you use on it?

Trakan

Revenant looks great on some armor and terrible on other armor. I hate how it puts a giant camo pattern on some pieces.

I finally tried my Low Grade Humility and LDR snipers today, instead of my usual Praedyth's Revenge. They're both very accurate and snappy, great for fast paced PvP, but Praedyth has better stats in every way, except for the impact + a bigger magazine.
What are the reasons people like to use it over Praedyth? Is it because one has more auto-aim than the other?
Edit: It also depends on the perks you roll with it. I can't reforge my LDR, so it seems to be outclassed by PR atm.

SonComet

I miss 6 man PVE content as well. I did Skolas the first weekend after that I just did the 32/34 for a judgements chance and etheric light. This expansion has made me start playing PVP. I'm very fortunate that I have friends willing to help me through ToO. And I was extremely lucky to win the Unstablelive raffle this weekend after my friends only managed to carry me to 6 wins and 1 loss. I really hope for some better PVE content since that's what I'm really good at. I feel like a burden sometimes in PVP, but I have to try to get the good items.

piratethingy

Self professed bad raider
I finally tried my Low Grade Humility and LDR snipers today, instead of my usual Praedyth's Revenge. They're both very accurate and snappy, great for fast paced PvP, but Praedyth has better stats in every way, except for the impact + a bigger magazine.
What are the reasons people like to use it over Praedyth? Is it because one has more auto-aim than the other?

From what I remember, people like LGH because you can reroll it for da good perks.

That is the extent of my knowledge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom