• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT25| The Taken Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I went to buy the base game on PSN because a friend just got a ps4 and wanted to try it out

Apparently the only version for sale digitally includes both DLC and is £84.99?

Is this right or am I blind? Cos im not paying almost £100 for something I might play for a couple weeks max, that's insane.

OkayRene

Rene I use the mid range sight. The bottom selection.

Red dot is fantastic, but I think I like the Ranged Lens (third option) slightly better.

Middle sight plus perfect balance gives you just enough recoil to hit the head on burst #2, taking advantage of Headseeker. Seriously this gun single handedly made me a better crucible player.

Yeah I just got the Messenger and have been using the Red Dot, I'm gonna give Ranged Lens a shot tonight. Thanks! 👍

Anastasis

What's the lowest level you can be to enter the reef for house of wolves vendors? (Asked so I can level my newly leveled 3rd character using armor cores won through my other characters)

I finally tried my Low Grade Humility and LDR snipers today, instead of my usual Praedyth's Revenge. They're both very accurate and snappy, great for fast paced PvP, but Praedyth has better stats in every way, except for the impact + a bigger magazine.
What are the reasons people like to use it over Praedyth? Is it because one has more auto-aim than the other?
Edit: It also depends on the perks you roll with it. I can't reforge my LDR, so it seems to be outclassed by PR atm.
Based on this Reddit thread I would say it's about the aim assist. I can't think of any other reason for putting PR in tier 3.
http://www.reddit.com/r/CruciblePlaybook/comments/37fqub/snipers_reforging/
And the perks of course! Gonna see if I can do some reforging on my LGH.

Ikkarus

I finally tried my Low Grade Humility and LDR snipers today, instead of my usual Praedyth's Revenge. They're both very accurate and snappy, great for fast paced PvP, but Praedyth has better stats in every way, except for the impact + a bigger magazine.
What are the reasons people like to use it over Praedyth? Is it because one has more auto-aim than the other?
Edit: It also depends on the perks you roll with it. I can't reforge my LDR, so it seems to be outclassed by PR atm.
The main reason people use LDR or Her Benevolence is for the higher impact + shortgaze or ambush scopes.

Secondly, in Trials and other matches where you can revive people a sniper shot with a high impact sniper will instantly kill them which is a really useful ability.

Still, if you have a sniper that just clicks with you then stick with it.

In case anyone doesn't know, you can preview any shader in the game on your Guardian on destinytracker.

http://db.destinytracker.com/character/psn/souldestroyer199/shaders

I really want:

- Cleopatra AK
- Fallen Crown
- Bittersteel
- Amber Hoplite
- Eye of the Mad God?
- Blacksmith ( I pre ordered COD and din't recieve the shader :I)

Actually fuck it. There's at least 20 that i want :I

ive never even seen, let alone heard of some of those. where do you get these.
- Cleopatra AK
- Fallen Crown
- Bittersteel
- Amber Hoplite
- Eye of the Mad God?

Namikaze1

I'm drinking whatever I pull out from the liquor cabinet as we raid.

For those who will be tuning in to the stream later, get drunk with us. Take a swig of whatever you will be drinking for every time Fig curses. Make sure to write a will beforehand. Mine is ready.

rNilla

For those who will be tuning in to the stream later, get drunk with us. Take a swig of whatever you will be drinking for every time Fig curses. Make sure to write a will beforehand. Mine is ready.
You can have my pulse rifle collection.

Anyone wanna try PoE35?

Had a hard time trying it this weekend despite the amazing gaffers that I played with, just couldn`t get past Skolas, but now my will is restored and want to try it again.

noomi

So many good teams in trials today. Playing with xo and another really good dude and we keep getting sweaties....

5-1 :(

ive never even seen, let alone heard of some of those. where do you get these.
- Cleopatra AK
- Fallen Crown
- Bittersteel
- Amber Hoplite
- Eye of the Mad God?

Cleopatra AK is NM and Bittersteel is DO.

Not sure about Fallen Crown, Amber Hoplite, and Eye of the Mad God.

noomi

That's how you get alcohol poisoning... Every time fig curses.... Are you mad?!

I have a Efrideet's Spear with last round perk, 6 bullet magazine and unflinching. My LDR have some pretty serious perks as well.

That's why I've sharded every Praedyth's Revenge that I got.

How's the current Amplified GEO-D6 sniper from the vanguard for PvP? It kind of seems like a Praedyth's Revenge that's reforgable.
I read that it takes 3 body shots to kill though. Is this true? It has the same impact as PR, but I don't recall my PR taking 3 shots, ever??

rNilla

*Drink Responsibly. Don't drink and sparrow. Do not drink while operating Ward of Dawn, if you are self-res-ing or planning to self-res. Must be 21 or older. Void damage where permitted.

Prologue

I remember reading a bout a feature about upgrading an item to max damage/level. How does that work? I don't have the expansion.

Currently I'm using Vision Of Confluence and besides the damage, it seems like it has better perks compared to NA3D1 Salvation State which I recently just got a few moments ago.

How's the current Amplified GEO-D6 sniper from the vanguard for PvP? It kind of seems like a Praedyth's Revenge that's reforgable.
I read that it takes 3 body shots to kill though. Is this true? It has the same impact as PR, but I don't recall my PR taking 3 shots, ever??

That is my experience. It wasn't helping me out too much when I used it during a few Control matches yesterday.

I remember reading a bout a feature about upgrading an item to max damage/level. How does that work? I don't have the expansion.

Currently I'm using Vision Of Confluence and besides the damage, it seems like it has better perks compared to NA3D1 Salvation State which I recently just got a few moments ago.

Vision of Confluence is top tier. You're not going to find a better scout rifle other than say, a Void or Arc Scholar.

Yeah seems like i only do poe to either complete the current bounty or get a fresh one, when i get all the exotics think i will be done.

Yeah I haven't done PoE for at least the last 2, maybe 3 resets. I've even got a cypher just sitting around. Most of it is I don't honestly find the content that compelling. I also don't like that it's fragmented with all of the different levels - I would be more likely to do it if the rewards rolled into the next level or something, or if 35 had everything.

I miss 6 man PVE content as well. I did Skolas the first weekend after that I just did the 32/34 for a judgements chance and etheric light. This expansion has made me start playing PVP. I'm very fortunate that I have friends willing to help me through ToO. And I was extremely lucky to win the Unstablelive raffle this weekend after my friends only managed to carry me to 6 wins and 1 loss. I really hope for some better PVE content since that's what I'm really good at. I feel like a burden sometimes in PVP, but I have to try to get the good items.

Yea I've been struggling to get 5 wins with the buffs (love the passage coin change). But even then, I mostly play for fun with no goals. Goals (like weapon/armor) definitely make it more fun but also more frustrating. But still, it helps keep the desire to play. There really isn't anything I want. I've gotten a cipher with 2 different chars as well, week 3 and haven't done PoE since. I don't really care to get any of the exotic weapons. Especially now with new content ONLY if you do CE or pay $20 for it, that broke my desire to be a completionist. Especially now that I remembered about the stupid COD shader. If I got the Trials shader then I could care less about COD since they're very close. But still. Exclusives kill that desire.

Trials is still fun since it's competitive but it gets super repetitive with the same map and it has definitely lost some of it's fun factor since there's really no goal for myself. I can't get to mercury 99% of the time so that's usually out of the picture. There's nothing I care that much to get anyways (solar HC would be cool, or void messenger, but not happening anytime soon i'm sure). They need to alter or have another mode with a map rotation or something. I really can't wait for CTF, something different.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I may have to cancel the newbie raid that would otherwise be on Thursday this week :( Things are ramping up with my move and it looks like Thursday is going to be a night when I don't have Internet and a PS4 in the same place at the same time

ocean

Banned
In 3v3, Praedyth's has the enormous disadvantage of not being able to kill through revive overshield with a headshot. It's fast firing / low impact which makes it great for 6v6 where there's no revives and there's more enemies so you'll want the quicker RoF.

It's got super low Aim Assistance, which isn't in itself a bad thing but whether you miss that stickiness or not will depend on your play style.

shaw515

Neo Member
With all these Xbox One people incoming I just wanted to throw my name in the mix again.

shaw515 , add me and invite me whenever for whatever :)

Finally had an LGH drop for me in Crucible yesterday and I rerolled it about 15 times and got this god tier PVP roll of hawkeye/Shortgaze/ambush, hidden hand, injection mold, and unflinching.

9BOr2zc.jpg

Am I extremely lucky or is it pretty easy to get these perks from rerolling?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom