• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT25| The Taken Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daemul

Iron Banner tomorrow? Meh, I can't be arsed grinding to level 5 again, not with the ridiculous lag that will be there. I'll just log in 10 minutes or so before 10AM and do the reset glitch, before picking up the two Etheric Light and any interesting gear that might be there.

EDIT:TOP!!!

Titan master race!!

11313272_515427931942016_1808861122_n.jpg

adin75

Iron Banner tomorrow? Meh, I can't be arsed grinding to level 5 again, not with the ridiculous lag that will be there. I'll just log in 10 minutes or so before 10AM and do the reset glitch, before picking up the two Etheric Light and any interesting gear that might be there.

Titan master race!!

11313272_515427931942016_1808861122_n.jpg

Does that still work? And wouldn't you only be able to buy the level 5 light?

Daemul

Does that still work? And wouldn't you only be able to buy the level 5 light?

Iron Banner rep doesn't actually reset until the event itself starts, so Bungie moving it's start time changed nothing, it actually made the glitch easier for people like me in Europe to do, since Iron Banner now starts at 6pm UK time when I'm home instead of 10am UK time when I'm at work or uni.

You can buy both Etheric light at level 5 if you didn't buy the one at level 3, you won't be cheated out of it.

adin75

Iron Banner rep doesn't actually reset until the event itself starts, so Bungie moving it's start time changed nothing, it actually made the glitch easier for people like me who in Europe to do, since Iron Banner now starts at 6pm when I'm home instead of 10am when I'm at work or uni.

You can buy both Etheric light at level 5 if you didn't buy the one at level 3, you won't be cheated out of it.

Nice, will have to take a look at that myself then :)

Shito

"Flawfull" fig.

Hope one of you guys archive the Crota run, have to get some sleep but those runs are insanely fun to watch.
Great job! :)

Frenden

Banned
Iron Banner rep doesn't actually reset until the event itself starts, so Bungie moving it's start time changed nothing, it actually made the glitch easier for people like me in Europe to do, since Iron Banner now starts at 6pm UK time when I'm home instead of 10am UK time when I'm at work or uni.

How exactly does that work? Do you need to be in the Tower during reset? I've never done it.

Trakan

Titan master race!!

I heard they fixed it and you had to be logged in before reset up until IB starts for it to work.

Daemul

How exactly does that work? Do you need to be in the Tower during reset? I've never done it.

Be in orbit before the event starts(10AMPDT), then go to the Tower a couple of minutes after Saladins doors open up. .

I heard they fixed it and you had to be logged in before reset up until IB starts for it to work.

Nah, that was just a rumour. Someone figured out that rep doesn't reset until the event itself starts, which used to coincide with the server reset, so people assumed that IB rep would reset at the server reset time like before, but that isn't the case.

Trakan

I just looked it up on youtube, and according to two vids I watched, all you have to do is be in orbit ten minutes before the IB reset. (Noon central my time) You wait for ten minutes after the reset and go to the tower and you should retain your rank and be able to buy stuff. I guess if you leave the tower you lose it though.

Be in orbit before the event starts(10AMPDT), then go to the Tower a couple of minutes after Saladins doors open up. .

Nah, that was just a rumour. Someone figured out that rep doesn't reset until the event itself starts, which used to coincide with the server reset, so people assumed that IB rep would reset at the server rest time like before, but that isn't the case.

Thanks!

Frenden

Banned
Thanks for the reset explanations. That's easy enough. I don't *need* any elight badly or anything, but getting some gratis seems worth a few minutes in orbit.

MechDX

Nah, that was just a rumour. Someone figured out that rep doesn't reset until the event itself starts, which used to coincide with the server reset, so people assumed that IB rep would reset at the server reset time like before, but that isn't the case.

If you bought the etheric light will it be there again?

I just looked it up on youtube, and according to two vids I watched, all you have to do is be in orbit ten minutes before the IB reset. (Noon central my time) You wait for ten minutes after the reset and go to the tower and you should retain your rank and be able to buy stuff. I guess if you leave the tower you lose it though.

Edit again: I guess this has already been discussed.

Edit: I am etheric light desparate. Only earned <10 since HoW. Four from IB, maybe two or three from PoE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom