• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT25| The Taken Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

GhaleonEB

After you kill a boss you can wipe immediately and restart the fight but the cipher points still register. It takes 2-3 PoE 34 bosses to do but you could probably get a group together to do PoE 32 and knock out 5 bosses in 20 minutes since Uurox is pretty easy. I'd help this afternoon (if you let me swap some characters between boss fights). But I won't be on for a few hours. 2 people could handle 32 just fine.

yeah, but your racking up rep and motes along the way. I did it that way instead of farming 32-34 bosses but you get so much
van marks
van rep
HOJ rep
engrams
motes
strange coins
treasure keys
ect..

Thanks for the advice. I don't mind running PoE, so I won't do the wipe strategy. I actually find it quite fun. But I figured the harder modes would net a lot more points, glad to see that's the case.

blazeuk

The glitch worked for me but I probably won't buy anything, already have the Jolder's and even though I'd like to the set of new IB armour the perks are rubbish and I have no space for anything anymore. My Etheric Light is almost at 50 right now too so there's no point wasting 5k glimmer on them.

Daemul

The Iron Banner glitch is one of the few exploits which I'm ok with, since it can't be done by just anyone, only by people who actually slogged through the lagfest that was the last Iron Banner and ranked up their rep. I see it as a deserved reward for the great suffering people had to go through to get to level 3, 4, 5 etc.

The Iron Banner glitch is one of the few exploits which I'm ok with, since it can't be done by just anyone, only by people who actually slogged through the lagfest that was the last Iron Banner and ranked up their rep. I see it as a deserved reward for the great suffering people had to go through to get to level 3, 4, 5 etc.

I'm ok with it too. It makes me want to play the 2 other classes as well since focusing on all 3 is a pain even with the alt buff

Can someone explain the IB glitch?
What is this Iron Banner glitch and how do I get in on it?

Need dat hook up

IB glitch.

1. Stay on Orbit until the reset time
2. Wait some minutes after the reset time and try to go to Tower
3. You will get a message you can't enter in Tower
4. Change any of your gears
5. Enter in the Tower

You will have your previous IB Rank.
-- You have to do it just before and after the reset, so you missed out on it this time.
Also,
Could someone please post a complete shot of the IB warlock chest? Not the zoomed in view you get when you inspect it.

Anyone who did the glitch and isn't too busy playing? I want to know if it's worth
grinding
playing IB for or not.

Need dat hook up

IB glitch.

5. Enter in the Tower

Anyone looking to do the glitch is probably out of luck by now unless you've been in orbit since before 10 am pst.

WipedOut

Wait how many minutes? For IB glitch?

EDIT: Top of the Page Ma!

Thumbnail_Large.PNG

Thumbnail_Large.PNG

Worked for me. Picked up Scout Shotgun chest piece and both etheric light, Tower was full and everyone seemed to be at Lord Saladhead

I realize everyone is doing IB, but if anyone is up for PoE please shoot me an invite. I just got my Cipher back and clearing level 28 bosses yields 75 points; that...will take a while.
It doesn't take long if you do a 32 and a 34. Pretty sure I did that plus one 28 and it was no big deal.

BTW, you're going to want to pick Lord of Wolves. It's so great.

oneils

Do any of you guys ever accept random friend requests when you're out on patrol or at either of the social spaces?
I didn't really start playing online til the PS4, so I find this really strange behavior.
Send at least a message first.

I send invites to get a fire team going. But not friend requests. I can't type a message worth crap, so I just invite people.

Mindlog

Beat by Sub and Pew! and probably a bunch of others.

Need dat hook up
Here it is.
IB glitch.

5. Enter in the Tower

Just some notes.
0th. Reach Iron Banner level 3 or 5 with a character. This will be the rep that carries over.
1. In this case reset time refers to the start of Iron Banner. 10AM PST/ 1PM EST
2. The longer you wait the better. Reset occures promptly, but you don't want to load into an old tower instance. The longer you wait the greater the odds that you'll load into a new tower instance with an active Iron Banner.

*Contingency Plan* If you load into an old tower instance and the door is still closed then check GAF for anyone with an active instance and join their game. Do not return to orbit. Returning to orbit will reset your reputation.

Wait... he's selling both? I thought the ToO vendor only sells one piece a week.
From Reddit:

The Scholar (Scout Rifle)

Hunter Gauntlets with 102 Int, Pulse Rifle and Special reload Speed, grenade hits restore melee energy

Warlock Gauntlets with 52 Int, 60 Str, Scout Rifle and Heavy Weapon reload speed (Vision and Gjally, yeah :) ) as well as melee hits restore grenade energy

Titan Gauntlets with 54 Int, 60 Dis, Auto and Heavy reload speed and increased grenade throw distance

Drain You

Don't post in here often but I felt compelled. Been a player since day one. Every week I run three vaults in hopes of getting a fatebringer. Today was finally my day.

lt519

Thanks for the advice. I don't mind running PoE, so I won't do the wipe strategy. I actually find it quite fun. But I figured the harder modes would net a lot more points, glad to see that's the case.

I think it goes like this (edit: been corrected):

28 -- 75 points
32 -- 200 points
34 -- 350 points
35 -- 500 points

I think mini-bosses, like round 3 of a level 34 are worth different points as well. I know a Level 34 mini-boss is worth 75 points...The Forever Eater has two mini-bosses so two runs will get you 500 points each.

Would still be happy to help later if you need it, I'll post when I get home after work.

psn: rarbusto, feel free to add me and ask anytime, a lot of times I'm just AFK in orbit waiting for something but I have notifications on my phone for messages.

Edit: wow Heavy Weapon reload speed, that might be godly for something like Thunderlord. Those Warlock gauntlets are ace.

Stantron

IB glitch.

5. Enter in the Tower

I'm pretty salty right now.
While waiting in orbit, I pre-selected the tower destination, then hit launch a few minutes after IB reset. Well, turns out, you need to re-select the tower destination in order for this to work. Instead, I made it to the tower with rank 5 IB and the area closed off. Going back to orbit put me back to rank 0 IB. FML

Fracas

#fuckonami
I'm in orbit with a random dude from DestinyLFG for a LVL 32 POE if anyone wants in. PSN is monsterfracas_

Feel free to add me and I'll inv. No mic btw

I think it goes like this:

28 -- 75 points
32 -- 200 points
34 -- 400 points
35 -- 500 points

I think mini-bosses, like round 3 of a level 34 are worth different points as well. I know a Level 34 mini-boss is worth 200 points (maybe 100), that's why I said that potentially two Level 34 runs could cover it. The Forever Eater starts with a mini-boss so you could just run 34 twice this week to get it. I'm down for that later, I don't need it but wouldn't mind the Etheric Light to level some random crap.

Would still be happy to help later if you need it, I'll post when I get home after work.

psn: rarbusto, feel free to add me and ask anytime, a lot of times I'm just AFK in orbit waiting for something but I have notifications on my phone for messages.

Level 34 mini is worth 75, final boss 350.

Will take more than two runs on 34 to fill a cipher from zero.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom