• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT25| The Taken Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haybro

There you are! I was just about to post the list in lieu of you.

I'll be on tonight and wouldn't mind a raid or two. It's been a while. What do you guys think? Haybro, Spyder, Grip?

Down for IB as well if it's no longer borked.

I'd prefer IB if it's working. If not I could definitely raid as well.

Looks like my decision to skip IB was a good one.

Well, time to add Quodron with Trickle to the list of PoE activities never to attempt again, alongside Skolas w/ Lightswitch. I'm absolutely baffled at the choice of modifier and mechanic combination: Trickle prevents shields from recharging, while the mechanic does damage to you the moment the bubble goes up. Combined with absurd piles of adds - those Hobgoblins, holy crap - and it just feels overwhelmingly cheap.

Great concept, but it's still very poor execution. Simply not fun. An hour and a half down the drain. :\

Vision of Confluence, Found Verdict and Gjallarhorn are the only weapons really worth taking into that fight.

Another scout rifle might do, but the other two are non-negotiable for me.

hydruxo

Well, time to add Quodron with Trickle to the list of PoE activities never to attempt again, alongside Skolas w/ Lightswitch. I'm absolutely baffled at the choice of modifier and mechanic combination: Trickle prevents shields from recharging, while the mechanic does damage to you the moment the bubble goes up. Combined with absurd piles of adds - those Hobgoblins, holy crap - and it just feels overwhelmingly cheap.

Great concept, but it's still very poor execution. Simply not fun. An hour and a half down the drain. :\

It's not too bad once you get a hang of it. Especially since they nerfed the detain shields after the first week it was up and made them do less damage to you while inside them / easier to break out with the Jailbreaker buff.

Best thing to do is have one person watch for Qodrons Eye, then take it out right before you all get detained. Other two should just clear out adds. Once all the adds are dead, you can start DPSing the boss. Just like Skolas the most important thing to do is clearing out adds, because like you said those hobgoblins can kill you very quickly if you leave them up. Just try and take potshots around the corners if you need to. Found Verdict is really important for breaking out of the detain shields too. Trickle is easily the most annoying part of the fight, but overall it's very doable.

GhaleonEB

It's not too bad once you get a hang of it. Especially since they nerfed the detain shields after the first week it was up and made them do less damage to you while inside them / easier to break out with the Jailbreaker buff.

Best thing to do is have one person watch for Qodrons Eye, then take it out right before you all get detained. Other two should just clear out adds. Once all the adds are dead, you can start DPSing the boss. Trickle is easily the most annoying part of the fight, but overall it's very doable.

That's what we were doing. Set up camp on the right, I was the jailbreaker watching for the Eye, shotgun ready. The I worked on adds only and the other two, the boss and adds. Every now and then, the Eye wouldn't show up, taking totally different route through the map. Half our wipes were due to adds, half due to "where the fuck did the Eye go? Anyone seen it?!" *everyone dies*

The snipers were just overwhelming. Just non-stop, relentlessly overwhelming; we could not keep them at bay. As Deku said, it's a straight up gear check fight, and we failed it. We had no problems at all getting there.

When I did Quodron, I was in charge of breaking the bubble. I used my Horn to kill the Eye and eliminate that stress. I would also use it when adds were grouped up. You won't do dick for DPS to the boss, but you keep the other two people clean. I felt that was a safe method.

Also, the shotgun you need just needs to be fast rate of fire. Full auto Her Courtesy wrecks the bubble, so I think most could do the job with a full auto roll.

I have yet to even attempt level 35 PoE. I don't really need etheric light and/or the armor/weapon cores. Are there any other incentives to it?

GRIP

I'll be on tonight and wouldn't mind a raid or two. It's been a while. What do you guys think? Haybro, Spyder, Grip?

Yeah, I'll be on and I'm down for whatever. Definitely want to play some IB (if it's working), but wouldn't mind a raid or something else.

Hey guys

Long time no play ;)

Got back into Destiny if anyone remembers I was gearing up to do Vault Of Glass well today I got to level 30 without ever doing a raid so me and 5 people (only me and another mate had never ran it) ran VOG on normal

MY GOD

SO.MUCH.FUN!!

I had a blast all the strats and the enemies ahhh was so good!

I think I only got like a legendary shader but it was still epic!!

Shito

Qodron is a fun mechanic, but I feel like they nerfed it the wrong way: I think they should have kept the detain bubble's HP the same as before, but removed a few adds, especially those hobgoblins: I feel like this would have made a better encounter.
Even though I'm still looking for an elder cypher, I probably won't run any 34 this week... or at least I won't seek them out actively. ^^

Dave_6

A raid or two would be cool with me. I still need the Warlock gauntlets from the VoG but it's fine if the group would rather do CE.

I was telling myself that I wasn't gonna play much IB this time, but then I remembered the etheric light I can get...

Hey guys

Long time no play ;)

Got back into Destiny if anyone remembers I was gearing up to do Vault Of Glass well today I got to level 30 without ever doing a raid so me and 5 people (only me and another mate had never ran it) ran VOG on normal

MY GOD

SO.MUCH.FUN!!

I had a blast all the strats and the enemies ahhh was so good!

I think I only got like a legendary shader but it was still epic!!

Congrats! This was pretty much my reaction to completing VoG for the first time. Didn't give a shit that all I got was Chatterwhite lol.

Lnkn52

This has bull written all over it.

8pURpuH.png

zarnold56

So my friends and I all hit 34 last night. We are looking to do 34 POE tonight for the first time. We each only have 1 weapon that is max attack since we haven't gotten etheric light. Will not having a lot of 365 weapons going be a killer for it? Is there an easier way to get etheric light? I have ran Nightfall 2 to 3 times the last few weeks and no luck there. How far do you have to get in ToO to get some. Do they drop for IB?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom