• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT25| The Taken Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

njean777

So nobody answered my question: how many treasure keys can I use a week? Just one, or more? Also is it better to do POE on higher levels for better loot or does it not matter?

So my friends and I all hit 34 last night. We are looking to do 34 POE tonight for the first time. We each only have 1 weapon that is max attack since we haven't gotten etheric light. Is not have a lot of 365 weapons going be a killer for it? Is there an easier way to get etheric light? I have ran Nightfall 2 to 3 times the last few weeks and no luck there. How far do you have to get in ToO to get some. Do they drop for IB?

You'll be fine. The damage difference isn't great. The first few weeks many here did it as Lvl33s with 331/300 weapons.

That said, the boss is a jerk this week.

You can buy one Etehric when you hit rank 3 in IB and another at rank 5.

LTWood12

So nobody answered my question: how many treasure keys can I use a week? Just one, or more? Also is it better to do POE on higher levels for better loot or does it not matter?

As many as you want. Doesn't matter as far as chest rewards. 35 drops a ship, emblem, and shader the first time you open it. That's the only difference.

njean777

As many as you want. Doesn't matter as far as chest rewards. 35 drops a ship, emblem, and shader the first time you open it. That's the only difference.

So should I just run 28 until I get better gear? I am 33 right now... Or should I be running 32 and higher?

So my friends and I all hit 34 last night. We are looking to do 34 POE tonight for the first time. We each only have 1 weapon that is max attack since we haven't gotten etheric light. Will not having a lot of 365 weapons going be a killer for it? Is there an easier way to get etheric light? I have ran Nightfall 2 to 3 times the last few weeks and no luck there. How far do you have to get in ToO to get some. Do they drop for IB?
The ToO silver and gold packages are the ones that give etheric light I believe, and that's 6 and 8 wins respectively.

You can buy 2 from iron banner. Once at rank 3 and once at rank 5.

Your weapons are fine, but the 34 is a bit rough this week. Last week would've been MUCH easier.

This has bull written all over it.

8pURpuH.png

WAIT WAIT WAIT

Something similar to this happened to me earlier.

I got no rewards, then loaded up the Weekly strike, and then after dying after about 5 minutes, I got all the rewards for the weekly (9 strange coins, rep, etc)

Dave_6

WAIT WAIT WAIT

I got no rewards, then loaded up the Weekly strike, and then after dying after about 5 minutes, I got all the rewards for the weekly (9 strange coins, rep, etc)

Damn, I'm going to have to try this if I get home in time (before they fix it).

Damn, I'm going to have to try this if I get home in time (before they fix it).

I even posted about it a few pages back, so I'm not just trying to ride off this tweet :p

See here
So I loaded up the weekly strike, accidentally get knocked off the cliff in forgotton shore, and die.

Then I suddenly got all the rewards for completion of the weekly including 9 coins, rep, engrams, etc.

Uh...I'll take it!

noomi

Killed Skolas and got nothing, then rolled judgements chance in hope of getting more Titan armor and.... Rocket launcher #736253

I hate that Skolas doesn't give loot, really hate it

Ok, guys, before I could set up the raid Macello and Noomi kidnnapped me to a Skolas session.

Now... VoG Hard. Who wants in?

1. silvertonguebr

So should I just run 28 until I get better gear? I am 33 right now... Or should I be running 32 and higher?
You can run 32 and you'll be fine.
WAIT WAIT WAIT

I kinda wanna try this now. Only give a shit about the elder cipher though. I wonder if that will drop.

LTWood12

32 gets you an armor core (regardless of whether you open the big chest). Use the armor core to buy 42 light level gear that Variks has each week. He's selling the helmet this week. 34 gets you a weapon core for whatever weapon variks has, plus an etheric light.

But none of those rewards are from the chest itself.

Langy

YES YES YES it finally happened!

After months of being hornless, my first ever Gjallarhorn dropped from the nightfall....

I hope it lives up to all the hype ive built up for it lol

FyreWulff

Did Ghaleon post about how terrible the boss for 34 is this week? God that was just cheap. It's full time just dealing with the adds and the Eye, the boss is like "imma just wait here"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom