• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT25| The Taken Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
People actually do this for real?

lol

Add custom games for these people. This is embarrassing to read.

Good players are taking it into their own hands to find the most balanced, skill-based set of rules and restrictions. Happens in every game, it's just that Destiny requires a ton of restrictions given the state of the multiplayer right now.

Shito

Since IB is fucked, does anyone want to do Crota? Would just need a couple.
Thanks ReignofSparrows and all of you guys who joined in, I don't know quite why but I still love kicking Crota's ass again and again.
Got my first Word of Crota out of it, and a second one the run just after, of course. ^^
One day I'll get the Crux, so I can give my NLB a nice and worthy vault neighbour...

M3Rocket

NEED ADVICE - PvP Hand Cannon and Sniper Users

I am the type that tries to master one thing and I still do pretty well in Trials with my Scout, Shotgun, Rocket loadout

I have finally given in to the weapons I feel are unfair and I plan to come back with a vengeance using the weapons I feel are overpowered.

I have almost everything to choose from (although I still have to level them)

What hand cannon should I use: Thorn, Last Word, HawkMoon?

What Sniper? Pradeyth's Revenge? Her Benevolence? I have 312 motes for rerolling anything on the second choice

Where should I start guys?

First, you need to level up your weapons to unlock all it's perks. The perks make the weapon unique. If you use it without the perks, they won't have the effectiveness you're looking for.

Easiest and most popular HC to use is the Thorn. TLW has the fastest TTK, but lacks the range of the Thorn and has a steep learning curve.

Depends on PvP mode--Pradeyth's is useful in 6v6 where there are more targets and RoF is important, whereas HB is better in ToO where OHK on revives is more important. Plus you can roll perks with HB and it has more AA. You'll find that the limitation with re-rolls will not be motes, but weapon parts.

zewone

If anything your post is embarrassing to read. Get a grip, this doesn't impact you at all.

When did I mention it impacted me?

I find it absurd for the self imposed rules and waving and standing still emote translation necessary to play the game.

I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings, but you should probably relax.

M3Rocket

lol

Actually for probably 99.9% of Destiny PvP players, it means nothing. For the people and clans at the top of the PvP leaderboard who play each other, this is the only way to do a "custom" match with generally agreed upon rules.

zewone

Actually for probably 99.9% of Destiny PvP players, it means nothing. For the people and clans at the top of the PvP leaderboard who play each other, this is the only way to do a "custom" match with generally agreed upon rules.

I know what it's for.I find it ridiculous the hoops they have to jump through necessary for them to play, which is why I mentioned for Bungie to add custom games.

hydruxo

I should take TLW over Thorn?

I just tried Thorn for a match (with no upgrades) and got a .4 k/d in IB when I usually get 2.0-3.0

I hate hand cannons but I am tired of dying to them

You can switch back and forth and see what works best for you. I like to use Thorn & shotgun sometimes, and TLW + sniper on bigger maps. It's up to you though, just use what you feel you're most comfortable with.

EL CUCO

lol

I disagree. This stuff dials the fun up to 11.

There's so much BS in Destiny. The players are doing more balancing than Bungie.

Somebody needs to get on the ball and start a PS4 tournament. We should even start a GAF one.

Edit: ahhh you meant embarrassing for Bungie. Lol yeah.

Dunk#7

First, you need to level up your weapons to unlock all it's perks. The perks make the weapon unique. If you use it without the perks, they won't have the effectiveness you're looking for.

Easiest and most popular HC to use is the Thorn. TLW has the fastest TTK, but lacks the range of the Thorn and has a steep learning curve.

Depends on PvP mode--Pradeyth's is useful in 6v6 where there are more targets and RoF is important, whereas HB is better in ToO where OHK on revives is more important. Plus you can roll perks with HB and it has more AA. You'll find that the limitation with re-rolls will not be motes, but weapon parts.

I have been playing since day one and had every exotic in the game before the last expansions. I just left all hand cannons in my vault because I like scout rifles.

I understand the perks being needed, but can HB roll final round?

Lima

how do you set up the custom (sweetie) games? fireteam in clash or something?

3v3 sounds like a friggin blast

Usually all 6 go into party chat. Two people are chosen as fireteam leaders who are living close together. They start searching at the same time in Skirmish. It usually only takes a couple tries to find each other. As long as you don't apple the other team (read beat them by a 2500 point difference) you stay in the same lobby for rematches as long as no one backs out.

M3Rocket

I know what it's for.I find it ridiculous the hoops they have to jump through necessary for them to play, which is why I mentioned for Bungie to add custom games.

Okay.

Your post seems to make fun of the people who actually use this method to currently setup custom PvP matches. I think that's why you got such a visceral reaction to your post. Glad you clarified.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom