• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT25| The Taken Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lunar FC

My first ever Destiny 10 kill streak and I didnt have the iron banner bounty for it. :'(

Been really hard to find poe 32s today, if anybody is intetested throw me a FR: Unknown_Hero

Feorax

Ok, question for Destiny-GAF.

I'm based in the UK, and as such up until now have been playing a disc-based PAL version of destiny (with the 2 expansions). I've been looking at converting what little remains of my library to digital, and as such TTK digital collectors edition appeals to me.

That being said, £74.99 is a lot of money for a game I already own a huge chunk of. I had a look on the US store, and it seems as though it's $79.99, which works out around £50, which is much better.

However, I'm concerned that even though my progress is in the cloud, using a different region client will mean the game will no longer recognise my progress, and I'd have to start again from the beginning, which I'm far from keen on.

Does anyone have any experience in this? Any advice?

I'm based in the UK, and as such up until now have been playing a disc-based PAL version of destiny (with the 2 expansions). I've been looking at converting what little remains of my library to digital, and as such TTK digital collectors edition appeals to me.

That being said, £74.99 is a lot of money for a game I already own a huge chunk of. I had a look on the US store, and it seems as though it's $79.99, which works out around £50, which is much better.

However, I'm concerned that even though my progress is in the cloud, using a different region client will mean the game will no longer recognise my progress, and I'd have to start again from the beginning, which I'm far from keen on.

You can't buy the dlc from US store if you have a PAL disc, it won't work.

Your characters are on the cloud so they will work with any region copy of the game, digital or physical. But if you buy the dlc from US store, you won't be able to access the content because the base game is a different region.

Feorax

You can't buy the dlc from US store if you have a PAL disc, it won't work.

Your characters are on the cloud so they will work with any region copy of the game, digital or physical. But if you buy the dlc from US store, you won't be able to access the content because the base game is a different region.

Thats fine. The version I was looking to get has vanilla destiny, TDB, HOW and TTK all bundled as one, so basically I'd be buying everything all over again. As long as my characters will still be available if I switch region, then that's all I need. Thanks DJ.

Nuszka

I am UK(n.Ireland) based as well and got the game from US store in september , as ruthless said make sure you get the dlc from the same region, my best bet would get in touch with bungie support or if you have a trusted person with a US copy that you can give your login info to so they can check if it works 100%

Thats fine. The version I was looking to get has vanilla destiny, TDB, HOW and TTK all bundled as one, so basically I'd be buying everything all over again. As long as my characters will still be available if I switch region, then that's all I need. Thanks DJ.

Yep, i have the original US copy i bought digitally for the same reason and have been since playing at friends house who have the PAL version and the characters load up just fine.

Nuszka

Thats great news. Makes everything a hell of a lot cheaper to do.

Thanks for the help everyone. Much appreciated.

Dude you can not believe , my last physical game i got from here is watch dogs. Now i am paying around £35 for a game from US psn. The only issue i have right now are the slow download speeds which started happening since last week (never had any issues with that) and hope it gets resolved soony.

Feorax

Dude you can not believe , my last physical game i got from here is watch dogs. Now i am paying around £35 for a game from US psn. The only issue i have right now are the slow download speeds which started happening since last week (never had any issues with that) and hope it gets resolved soony.

I can live with that considering the price difference, I'll just leave it on overnight to DL.

Noticed MGSV is only $50 to pre order. Definitely getting that from the US store next month.

look both ways before starting the bag, kids
o7gXHdV.gif

Looking at those weapon usage statistics... odd, The Auto Rifle is my least used weapon. I began using Pulse Rifles for PvE and switched to Scouts, but I did not even remember the Auto existed. I'm having it a bit hard trying to decide on a PvP weapon.

I had my ass handed by Crota's Minions on the second Dark Below story mission (Defending Rasputin), and after giving up for now I moved to improving my equipment. Level 30 with Vanguard Armor, just missing the helmet. But what I really need is decent weaponry. Unless I can do a raid during the weekend or hope something randomly drops on The Crucible (I have only played clash so far), I am somewhat underpowered right now (224-242 blue weapons).

PS: Here I was thinking "There can't be teabagging here since corpses disappear in a blue light". Looks like I need to lurk more in the Crucible.

bitsurugi

So, who can i kindly ask for a Red Bull code? #forevergratitude
(am in EU, so i can't get it here, even if i drink vodka Red Bull every weekend :/ )

TheOddOne

Any Xboners want the Gorgon chest?

I also need somebody to hold the checkpoint for me to get my alts in.

GT: TheOddOne187.

Free loot, man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom