• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT26| Like a Hat

Hedera

Looking to do POE 34.

1. jayforone
2. hedera_

Who wants in?
I'm in!

Edit: TotP
maxresdefault.jpg

The servers on this game isn't great :(
I don't even feel like wanting to play now. If this happens during a nightfall or a high level PoE... I don't know if is my ISP or the servers as every weekend, by the have killed it for me today. I'm going to play something else.

The strike is bad enough, and being kicked after surviving the worst part... Simply depressing.

GhaleonEB

They've done it before, so why not this time?

Broony, i promise I'm not picking on you here, you just happened to respond to me and others multiple times on things I wanted to respond to.

IIRC, they have not had a slot start out empty, and then fill it with something, while Xur was live. The earlier changes were updating what was in the slot. This means it might be a different bug, and the process for swapping it out as they did before might not work.

That's probably the case, given Bungie said they could not update it, when they clearly could for the other situation.

That's because people aren't only reacting to Xur. As noomi posted earlier, it's been a really disheartening month for Destiny. And beyond that, there's always been a narrative of Bungie disliking or disregarding players (Crota's End patching exploits before bugs, heavy weapon ammo bug taking months and months). How else do you explain the paranoid theories about Xur rolling Gjallarhorn and it breaking him?

Each time Bungie has addressed these only in the smallest, lightest way possible. Take for instance the Taken King collector's edition. Was anyone really satisfied by what they said? They created a $20 SKU for the emotes (!) and then didn't change a thing. They didn't address international pricing. They didn't even go into the Year 1 Rewards that much (just one new photo). It was enough for people to put the pitchforks down temporarily, but not away. Even when they're giving good news, they have to use it to provide cover for unpopular news (weapons balancing that's badly needed is used to cover for Gjallarhorn/IB/BH nerfs).

The community keeps boiling over. Bungie does just enough to lower the temperature to 99*C. It's no wonder that each small thing causes the community to blow up again. This Xur thing is another example of that. People are getting really upset. The Bungie twitter account is being superformal, to the point of not even apologizing. (All it costs is 5 characters to say "Sorry", btw, but they haven't even done that). Bungie will wait it out. The community will calm down to 99*C, and then something else will happen. Back to boiling over into embarrassing comments and rage.

Bungie has got to change the narrative. Otherwise this will just keep happening.

Excellent post, I agree with it all

phen0m24

So if Grenades and Horseshoes is being nerfed, did Bungie accidentally make Truth/Gjallarhorn better than all the other RLs in one fell swoop?

Tracking+Proximity > Proximity

I can't remember if you can roll tracking AND grenades and horseshoes

Lik, why don't we do 28's tonight?

Somebody over on the destiny subreddit did the math:

"In September the icebreaker is having its recharge time increased from 5 seconds to 8 Yea, so guess what that means kiddies! 1 bullet every 8 seconds is equal to 37 bullets in 5 MINUTES. Synth cool down. That means you get 43 bullets (37 plus the original 6) for your icebreaker in 5 minutes, you can't get any more than that. On a sniper with a reserve of 18? 36 in 5 minutes. And you can DPS burst that on bosses, instead of a bullet each 8 seconds. You wanna give your exotic slot for less DPS and 7 more bullets? Fine by me but I'm sticking with pretty much any legendary sniper.

OH YEA And icebreaker can't pick up more special, making legendaries even BETTER Fuck me BUNGIE this is dumb...

TL:DR icebreaker now has less DPS than every high impact legendary sniper, and you're giving your exotic slot for 7 more bullets in a 5 minute window."

I would suggest adding the ability to pick up Special ammo just like the Invective does.

You and me both. Why are they repeating so many maps already?

maybe there are some issues with spawn advantage for the rest of the maps.

LiK

So if Grenades and Horseshoes is being nerfed, did Bungie accidentally make Truth/Gjallarhorn better than all the other RLs in one fell swoop?

Tracking+Proximity > Proximity

I can't remember if you can roll tracking AND grenades and horseshoes

Lik, why don't we do 28's tonight?

Not sure if I'll be on tonight but I'm up for that. 25 more points until I get the Bow.

Langy

Anyone need another for PoE 35 or Trials? Would love to do the 35 ideally but am up for anything. Inv Langoit on psn...

noomi

Just got home, and starting to get ready for my vacation by packing and charging EVERYTHING :D

Leaving this Sunday, so I definitely want to try and get a trials run today/tomorrow morning if at all possible.

Namikaze1

I'm here in orbit, thinking on what to do. Feel like doing anything that isn't PoE.

Just got home, and starting to get ready for my vacation by packing and charging EVERYTHING :D

Leaving this Sunday, so I definitely want to try and get a trials run today/tomorrow morning if at all possible.
Dammit! Seems everyone's leaving on vacations. Looks like I'll have to carry this thread to the next OT again.

phen0m24

I'm here in orbit, thinking on what to do. Feel like doing anything that isn't PoE.

Dammit! Seems everyone's leaving on vacations. Looks like I'll have to carry this thread to the next OT again.

VAcation? What's that? I want to do the noomi-esque quest for Hopscotch!

You are our shining light in this dark time.

We should play on XBone!! You have the stinky fist name I think - I'm phen0m24

What weapon is Xur selling this week that has made everyone so mad?

this guy said we would play on Bone, but he keeps doing PoE and NF with my son instead of me. I now have 3 of these stupid Red Bull codes that I will apply to bounties on the Bone character - not that I'll be getting any good weapons anytime soon... :p

Owensboro

I think the 35 poe is a struggle with a 33. tried it the other night and it was difficult. either way i am happy to do that or we can get a raid team going if you guys like?

I'm OK at this game, but not good enough to carry a 33 through Skolas :(

I'm up for anything really, as long as I can keep watching EVO on my second screen!

VAcation? What's that? I want to do the noomi-esque quest for Hopscotch!

We should play on XBone!! You have the stinky fist name I think - I'm phen0m24

this guy said we would play on Bone, but he keeps doing PoE and NF with my son instead of me. I now have 3 of these stupid Red Bull codes that I will apply to bounties on the Bone character - not that I'll be getting any good weapons anytime soon... :p

Stop. I'm on pretty frequently. Except yesterday and the day before because of adult things and drinking.

Might be on tonight. I am having trouble completing sentences currently though.

Langy

I'm OK at this game, but not good enough to carry a 33 through Skolas :(

I'm up for anything really, as long as I can keep watching EVO on my second screen!

OK then i guess we'll do a raid. We'll decide vault or crota when we have 6...

1. Langoit
2. Owensboro
3. DrROBschiz

Add Langoit and join in orbit if you wanna come...

Frenden

Banned
I ran a few Dragons with Ikkarus last night before reset. We had three exotics drop in two strikes. He and our third person got one the first strike, I got one the second. It was amazing.

Top Bottom