• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT26| Like a Hat

Frenden

Banned
Is this a real post? Starting to lose respect for this community after the last 24 hours.

Two or three people making shit posts do not the community represent. Let's not get crazy here.

xur-no.png

Monster Zero

Me, Slamming_Hammond and my friend Zay just hit the light house. Top level play by everybody. I got messenger with solar. Fantastic shit

Two or three people making shit posts do not the community represent. Let's not get crazy here.

xur-no.png
Yeah that was a bit of a generalization, but there still have been an alarming number of hyperbolic posts that I wouldn't expect to see here. B.net, maybe. But not here, I figured most here were more clear headed.

phen0m24

Serious levels of over reaction to these nerfs.

Grab a paper bag and chill. Here, have a
blue engram

Fixed that for you Cryptarch ;)

Yeah that was a bit of a generalization, but there still have been an alarming number of hyperbolic posts that I wouldn't expect to see here. B.net, maybe. But not here, I figured most here were more clear headed.

Zoso we've had an influx of newer faces too, remember. I think the old guard is pretty rational for the most part. :)

noomi

Ehh... I don't ever accept random invites or friend requests from the tower/reef. Sorry man.... I just don't know you...

daedalius

"All the hard work I did for my Thorn is going to be ruined by whiners! Thorn is meant to be overpowered!"

Dunlop

The community keeps boiling over. Bungie does just enough to lower the temperature to 99*C. It's no wonder that each small thing causes the community to blow up again.

Good post, but to address this point in particular. Regardless of what you classify Destiny as, the outbursts are the same that happens in any MMO when changes are announced

People invest a lot of time in a game and hit a point were they practically see nerfs as something personal

Just in this thread last night I saw multiple posts of people saying they were done with the game because of the Gally nerf

...that takes place in about 2 months and had not been detailed exactly what the nerf is

A lot of these posts are knee jerk reactions

daedalius

Good post, but to address this point in particular. Regardless of what you classify Destiny as, the outbursts are the same that happens in any MMO when changes are announced

People invest a lot of time in a game and hit a point were they practically see nerfs as something personal

Just in this thread last night I saw multiple posts of people saying they were done with the game because of the Gally nerf

...that takes place in about 2 months and had not been detailed exactly what the nerf is

Feels like WoW

piratethingy

Self professed bad raider

Yeah, people think this is unique to Destiny, but I saw the same shit for ten years of WoW. People will get over it, they always do. And people who don't like the game will post nonsense about how this is the straw that broke their back, even though they haven't played in four months.

noomi

So uh... still being fairly new to the titan class and all..

I started wearing the Helm of Inmost Light and now I can do death from above with other perks...

Does death from above actually let you aim where on the ground you wanna smash?

So, all excited to leave work a bit early today...instead I set up my batch in photoshop wrong and have to do it again. Then I buy tickets for my girl and I to see Trainwreck...except I bought them for tonight instead of tomorrow. Now, I have to go to the theater to refund them? I just wanted to get home early and play some Trials. I can blame Bungie for my screwups today right?

I started wearing the Helm of Inmost Light and now I can do death from above with other perks...

Aim the camera before you activate it. If I remember correctly

yes, works best when you are high up.

One special note you must know about that perk, if you are not pressing forward on your stick or have it on neutral or back, it will stupidly SMASH directly vertically below you.

So for best results: You must aim! And you must hold the the stick slightly forwards to have it go forward

So, all excited to leave work a bit early today...instead I set up my batch in photoshop wrong and have to do it again. Then I buy tickets for my girl and I to see Trainwreck...except I bought them for tonight instead of tomorrow. Now, I have to go to the theater to refund them? I just wanted to get home early and play some Trials. I can blame Bungie for my screwups today right?

You actually paid money to see that movie?

;)

Yeah, people think this is unique to Destiny, but I saw the same shit for ten years of WoW. People will get over it, they always do. And people who don't like the game will post nonsense about how this is the straw that broke their back, even though they haven't played in four months.

You're not wrong. Further, I think this is the exact thing Bungie believes. Which is why their default reaction is "they'll get over it.".

But you and me can both be right at the same time. I just see increasing amounts of salt and feel like the community is just getting more and more sour. There's very little goodwill towards Bungie from the community. And I don't see that changing based on the last month. I think that's very bad for Destiny in the long-run.

noomi

Aim the camera before you activate it. If I remember correctly

yes, works best when you are high up.

One special note you must know about that perk, if you are not pressing forward on your stick or have it on neutral or back, it will stupidly SMASH directly vertically below you.

So for best results: You must aim! And you must hold the the stick slightly forwards to have it go forward

Awesome, thanks for the tips guys. I did the vertical drop yesterday and thought that's what is supposed to happen lmao

Destiny |OT♦27| Now with Wolfpup Rounds

hahaha, I really like this one. Nice :p

You're not wrong. Further, I think this is the exact thing Bungie believes. Which is why their default reaction is "they'll get over it.".

But you and me can both be right at the same time. I just see increasing amounts of salt and feel like the community is just getting more and more sour. There's very little goodwill towards Bungie from the community. And I don't see that changing based on the last month.

But the fun part is that everyone will keep paying for more Destiny. Activision/Bungie laugh all the way to the bank.

It's how shit gets done.

Actually getting decent reviews too, I'll catch it on HBO though... whenever that happens.

More excited to see Ant Man though hehe

Oh, I totally forgot about Ant Man, this is how I know I'm getting old...I'm like, "Wait, that movie is out? It came out? Where am I?"

Really want to complete moments of triumph

Any cool groups wanna take me on my first raids?!

Are you on PS4? We could organize something tonight to quickly do some Atheon and Crota kills for people that need the Triumphs, wouldn't take any time at all if we have the check points. Or we could run full raids if people preferred which also wouldn't take long.

Then maybe split into two groups for a Skolas kill as long as people were Lv34 and we had at least 1 Sherpa per team of 3.

Top Bottom