• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT26| Like a Hat

Trakan

Can someone explain why people are upset about the handcannon changes? They sound fine to me. They literally say handcannons shouldn't compete at scout range, and they shouldn't. I don't see any of the 3 exotic handcannons going down a peg. The maps in this game are small, they'll still be the go-to weapons and the most popular/used, you just can't snipe with them.

piratethingy

Self professed bad raider
I'm looking to play. My buddies aren't on yet.

PSN: DirtyAquaticApe

Edit: if anyone is up for Trials just hit me up. Playing with my usual crew at 8pm CST but free now

I'm done eating, gonna shower and make coffee and will be ready to plant on the couch at that point. Feel free to go ahead if you find peeps who want to go, I'm gonna get some warmup in as well though if you still haven't left when I get back.

I'm done eating, gonna shower and make coffee and will be ready to plant on the couch at that point. Feel free to go ahead if you find peeps who want to go, I'm gonna get some warmup in as well though if you still haven't left when I get back.

Just waiting on you buddy :) join up when those feet are firmly planted

Think you could you make time for me tonight?

Yeah, I should be around later tonight. We've had a bunch of visitors today so it's been a little hectic but hopefully things will be low-key in a couple hours to do some more Destiny.

edit: a bunch of people have asked at different times about help with flawless raids or getting their Triumphs but nothing has really come together for that. Always down to help with that stuff if there are enough interested people.

GhaleonEB

Thanks for the help with the PoE. My arsenal is slowly getting ascended one bit at a time.

I'm not sure why I bother opening the big chest in the treasure room. It's always a legendary from the small selection of Queen's gear, which at this point means a mote. I think I'll start accumulating them for the inevitable buff to the contents.

Shito

Gonna watch unstable's stream, but won't enter the raffles: I'm tired as fuck and trying hard not to fall asleep in front of the EVO streams.
One day maybe I'll see Mercury... ^^

Are you referring to blue/rare-green/common equipment? Anything specific in mind?
Stranger's Rifle has a few applications, but most of it can be safely discarded. Purple/Legendary favorites can be upgraded so all of that remains fairly useful. The exception would be purple boots that don't have a boost to heavy ammo.

Nothing particular in mind. I'm level 19 and have been dismantling pretty much everything so far besides the one level 20 gun I've got, and one legendary piece of armour which I currently have equipped. Haven't spent much time learning how to get the best from the inventory, nor really explored the tower yet.

EL CUCO

Can someone explain why people are upset about the handcannon changes? They sound fine to me. They literally say handcannons shouldn't compete at scout range, and they shouldn't. I don't see any of the 3 exotic handcannons going down a peg. The maps in this game are small, they'll still be the go-to weapons and the most popular/used, you just can't snipe with them.
And praise the Lord no more 2 shot kill from Thorn. I think are more concerned about how they'll perform in PVE, though.

Trakan

And praise the Lord no more 2 shot kill from Thorn. I think are more concerned about how they'll perform in PVE, though.

I thought that could maybe be the case, but I don't get that either. Range isn't an issue in PVE, and even if they make the clips smaller, you don't need 10-13 handcannon shots per clip.

I think when the patch actually hits, people will realize they're overreacting.

I think the horn/hammer/shotgun PVE change is garbage though.

Mindlog

Nothing particular in mind. I'm level 19 and have been dismantling pretty much everything so far besides the one level 20 gun I've got, and one legendary piece of armour which I currently have equipped. Haven't spent much time learning how to get the best from the inventory, nor really explored the tower yet.
Oh, you're fine then.
Lots of guides in the OP to check out once you hit 20. Once you hit ~25 or 26 then you may want to check out a noobie raid. They're a fun way to experience the best content the game has to offer.

I also rather enjoy playing with you. We have had some great runs. Let me know if you want to run trials sometime this weekend.

Oh yea for sure. Trials is, for the most part, a good time. We definitely should do some runs this weekend.

What did it drop from?

Most likely a L20 or L22 strike playlist. It's just a rare HC haha

John Rambo on Venus

image.php

oSoLucky

I thought that could maybe be the case, but I don't get that either. Range isn't an issue in PVE, and even if they make the clips smaller, you don't need 10-13 handcannon shots per clip.

I think when the patch actually hits, people will realize they're overreacting.

I think the horn/hammer/shotgun PVE change is garbage though.

I think the HC needs a decent sized clip when the content is over leveled such as HM Crota and Skolas. If they decided to have it stay same level then a nerf is fine. I wouldn't want only 7 rounds in a clip against 35 captains. If Field Scout still bumps it to 13 then it may not be a problem.

LTWood12

Yeah, I should be around later tonight. We've had a bunch of visitors today so it's been a little hectic but hopefully things will be low-key in a couple hours to do some more Destiny.

edit: a bunch of people have asked at different times about help with flawless raids or getting their Triumphs but nothing has really come together for that. Always down to help with that stuff if there are enough interested people.

Well I'll be on tonight a lot and until really late. I'll check in again tonight

Everyone is on trials and here I am on hour 6 of trying to find husk of the pit. I don't get it, I'm doing the fist of crota method. What more is required to get this damn thing?

Lima

Alright time for dat flawless raider on Xbox One. If you need it hit me up.

Will also do Trials later if anyone wants to do it.

You know, there's no guarantee it will even be any good after the update. Only better than the useless status it has now.

But whatever, I'd hate to be caught without a weapon if the time ever comes when they are good.

Top Bottom