• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT26| Like a Hat

Stacked and completed 10 crucible + queen bounties yesterday to level up my titan defender and get the final throphy for guardian lord. I decided to use my 50% exp boost from the red bull code, so I took it out of the postmaster, handed in all the bounties, but forgot to use the light in my inventory. I'm an idiot.

bitsurugi

Don't do that, what if they will buff it in the future lol. Maybe in about a year we all complain that they have to nerf the Vestian Dynasty.

Yeah, with Bungie you never know.

One thing i forgot to mention, about the v2.0 changes on weapons:

what baffles me, is that Bungie is doing nerfs/buffs just looking at the %usage of a weapon.
This is wrong.

I would love to see actuall numbers: for example, Gjallarhorn was nerfed and to justify the nerf Bungie posted a % usage of GGhorn. I would rather see the actuall numbers: like, GGhorn does X dmg, all other heavies do 50% of X, thus we need to balance. I am ok with such a justification. I am NOT ok with a nerf just due to the fact ppl use some weapon the most.

If you remember AR's were nerfed and shotguns were buffed cause more ppl used AR and few shotguns. Now, we buff AR's, nerf Shotguns.

Bungie is doing it wrong, balance weapons based on ACTUAL dmg/dps numbers, not just based on %usage of a weapon. You might just nerf a gun which is ok, but ppl use it, cause they like it.

Give exotic primaries an elemental dmg, any elemental dmg, doesn't matter, you will see, A LOT of ppl will use them.

nOoblet16

I'm abandoning the game. No farewel nightfall or raid, or whatever. I tried putting it again, but it feels as if I had been applied the clockwork Orange treatment. I can't even hear the opening tune or stand a load screen anymore, to the point it feels repulsive, and nauseating.

I will have to try and remember how did I play games two months ago.

It might come as a surprise but....we've all been there at some point.

The bit about same enemies is actually something that is MMO based design, Destiny has quite a varied enemy design it's just that for a game like this no matter how varied they are it will feel samey after a time but it's not the point of the game really.

The trick is to find something that you like rather than do everything, you don't do everything unless you are chasing a certain gear or something. I used to play everything, every week...got burned out. Then I only played raids as it was fun no matter how many times I played them because I'd have my own meta game in that I'd try different things (gear combinations, abilities, strategies etc rather than just follow the same routine over and over). Then HoW came out, I played PoE and got burned out of it pretty soon as it was everything that I hated about PoE...it is slightly better now with the removal of burns from skolas, health reduction for Quodron and on some weeks the modifiers on that pilot servitor are not complete shit. Sometimes the meta changes due to weapon rebalancing, which will change again in 2 months time.

Regardless I found my new home in Destiny to be PvP, I may run the odd nightfall once in a while but don't really play PvE anymore. I play Trials every week...for the days I can't I play regular crucible. When Iron Banner comes out I play that....it's the same shit in reality and it's even more limiting because there are far too few maps to play on (especially now that some of them have been removed from the game modes, and some game modes are limited time events) to top it off it's unbalanced and has a LOT of connection issues.....but I still enjoy it. Especially the competitiveness which is what I come back for.

Basically you find something you like for the time rather than try to get yourself to like something you can't (atleast at that moment in that time, you might like it later).

phen0m24

Uh, so the NIghtfall is no burn. Not exactly enjoyable to this point. Yet I just cleared the room with the 2 Minotaurs and Goblins and am headed to the end.

Does anyone have spare heavy ammo and possibly need Nightfall rewards?

PSN ColonelOCorn

Join up and let's get crazy

Bold One

Hey guys, any other ways to increase my Vanguard rep? been completing bounties and stuff and nothing is happening, its just stuck at the same number

Hey guys, in the previous thread I posted about picking up Destiny again.

I did that, and I'd forgotten how fun this game is! I've made my way up to light level 23, which I'm pretty happy about. But, I'd like to play the two raids. I think I have access to one of them at the moment? I'd love to play this, so could we form a 6 man group some time over the next few days so I could play it?

I think I'm a decent player at the game, but you must understand that I've never played a raid before so I wouldn't have any idea what I'm doing in that setting haha.

The first raid is designed for 26-28 leveled players, but thanks to the new high level gear, you should actually make that sooner rather than later^^ Try to do some crucible or Strike play lists to get the marks to buy the gear you need to hit that 26 (two legendary and two rare maxed out should bring you there). After that look for great guys like Death Jr. who run new player raid runs and try to link up with them. Destiny Gaf runs them often enough that you should find one before too long^^ They are a lot of fun, but challenging your first time, so good luck!^^

noomi

Morning DGAF!

I saw that LiK finally got his Hawkmoon last night! The prophecy is fulfilled! CONGRATS LIK!!! Enjoy it before the nerf!

Did a flawless run last night, and I played absolutely aweful... I don't know what happened, but I almost cost us the win a few times. Some days I guess I'm just completely off, and some days I can kick ass. Yesterday was pretty embarrassing though :( Sorry guys, for the lackluster performance on my part.... it's been a rough week.

My Titan got his trials chest piece, and thus has a complete armor set from every encounter in the game :D Got an Arc summoner from the mercury chest, so I'm pretty happy about that. Sharded my void summoner since I have void scholar and messenger already. With that... I have all the trials gear I want/need. Good times.

Anyways, today is my last day before leaving for until next Sunday, might try and squeeze in another trials run at some point if anyone is willing.

Time to start packing and charging all mah shit.

*edit*

If anyone is sharing the gorgon chest, give me a shout pls. I actually want those shards nowadays....

ocean

Banned
When you have a Faction class item equipped, all your rep gains go to that faction. If you want to feed Vanguard or Crucible rep, you need to wear a non-Faction class item. If you don't have any you can pick up a green one from the Cryptarch real quick.

Shito

I really want to max out my Grimoire before TTK. Just don't have the will to grind VIP kills :(
Don't grind them then: just do regular / queen's bounties from time to time and pick up VIP missions each time you see one.
It's also a nice occasion to try out weapons that are not fitted for end game content.

Man we need a nightbot or moobot at Ruthles' stream. Lost count how many times Jigga and me said it was a blind newbie raid. Ruthles' doesn't need tips, he doesn't need to explain more and nobody wants to join your Crota CP XD

Anyone looking to do Skolars or PoE34?

Man I wish these faction lvl up rewards increased. Lvl 17 NM and that still doesn't justify a shader?

I understand having a certain element of RNG in faction rewards, but they need to rework the system. It's a bummer that shaders are so rare and that getting only a strange coin or mote of light is still a possibility.

Bold One

When you have a Faction class item equipped, all your rep gains go to that faction. If you want to feed Vanguard or Crucible rep, you need to wear a non-Faction class item. If you don't have any you can pick up a green one from the Cryptarch real quick.

damn...

Thanks,

I've been using a Supremacy with Shortgaze, bonus ammo on kills, snapshot (or field scout) and final round for a while now. It has some great stats, I can't believe it's been collection dust in my vault for so long.
Also using my Thorn for the first time. It's so good, full scumbag mode though. Gotta enjoy it before the nerf ;)

Rizzi

I enjoy Destiny.
The actual act of shooting bad guys is fun.
But being locked out of a shit load of content because I can't find five people to play with outside the game is such a bullshit design decision. Who knows, maybe next year the game will have meaningful content that I can actually play.

PuMa

I've been using a Supremacy with Shortgaze, bonus ammo on kills, snapshot (or field scout) and final round for a while now. It has some great stats, I can't believe it's been collection dust in my vault for so long.
Also using my Thorn for the first time. It's so good, full scumbag mode though. Gotta enjoy it before the nerf ;)
Supremacy is the best!

nOoblet16

I hope you reported them.

Seems more of a result of shit bungie networking, no need to report really. For all we know the GAF team might be just as laggy to the people in the other team. (Like the other team was shooting a lot as well meaning if it wasn't lagging for them they would have killed everyone quickly and that at one point someone in the other team gives up shooting and starts dancing)

Man we need a nightbot or moobot at Ruthles' stream. Lost count how many times Jigga and me said it was a blind newbie raid. Ruthles' doesn't need tips, he doesn't need to explain more and nobody wants to join your Crota CP XD

I missed all the twitch chat shenanigans this week. Need to get back in there and troll some rando's.

I missed all the twitch chat shenanigans this week. Need to get back in there and troll some rando's.

I've already banned a guy who's first message was that they need to be ashamed of themselves, that they have dismantle all gear and Horns and that they need to watch Youtube to learn how to do Crota. Good riddance. I can handle your shenanigans though ;)

Missed you calling for raffles.

Top Bottom