• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT26| Like a Hat

WipedOut

Xboners who have never been to the lighthouse you are our priority this weekend. Send me a pm or reply to this post with your GT and we will get you in later tonight.*

*100% customer satisfaction guaranteed.

Awesome of you guys, you got me there for my first time. Is anyone going to be streaming it?

EDIT: Top of the Ma!

Thumbnail_Large.PNG

Last night I got Six Dreg Pride from Skolas. Is that pretty rare? Mine's arc and dreg burn. :-/ The perks seem a little underwhelming but the base stats look nice.

todd360

You're forgetting GAF Raiders. LiK is still a member of that clan.

He will join hawk and like it! Or ladies of strong back if he so chooses.

wait... Our core raid group is me, you, fig, math, and lik. I feel like we had a sixth person at one point in time, but not now.

Do we have to hold tryouts? Is math still at the super volcano? Don't tell me were gonna have to make a road trip and force her to go home.

Xboners who have never been to the lighthouse you are our priority this weekend. Send me a pm or reply to this post with your GT and we will get you in later tonight.*

By "tonight" would midnight Eastern work?

GT: BluePhazon1337

It might come as a surprise but....we've all been there at some point.

The bit about same enemies is actually something that is MMO based design, Destiny has quite a varied enemy design it's just that for a game like this no matter how varied they are it will feel samey after a time but it's not the point of the game really.

The trick is to find something that you like rather than do everything, you don't do everything unless you are chasing a certain gear or something. I used to play everything, every week...got burned out. Then I only played raids as it was fun no matter how many times I played them because I'd have my own meta game in that I'd try different things (gear combinations, abilities, strategies etc rather than just follow the same routine over and over). Then HoW came out, I played PoE and got burned out of it pretty soon as it was everything that I hated about PoE...it is slightly better now with the removal of burns from skolas, health reduction for Quodron and on some weeks the modifiers on that pilot servitor are not complete shit. Sometimes the meta changes due to weapon rebalancing, which will change again in 2 months time.

Regardless I found my new home in Destiny to be PvP, I may run the odd nightfall once in a while but don't really play PvE anymore. I play Trials every week...for the days I can't I play regular crucible. When Iron Banner comes out I play that....it's the same shit in reality and it's even more limiting because there are far too few maps to play on (especially now that some of them have been removed from the game modes, and some game modes are limited time events) to top it off it's unbalanced and has a LOT of connection issues.....but I still enjoy it. Especially the competitiveness which is what I come back for.

Basically you find something you like for the time rather than try to get yourself to like something you can't (atleast at that moment in that time, you might like it later).

It's a shitty situation. Specially because my brain is still telling me to go back and play despite being so burned out that I can't enjoy it. I wanted to do the Raid despite knowing that I was not going to enjoy it. And yes, I want to look for a matching set of armor, but at the moment I don't have the guts to do what it is required or endure the repeat until it drops.

It's a shitty situation. Specially because my brain is still telling me to go back and play despite being so burned out that I can't enjoy it. I wanted to do the Raid despite knowing that I was not going to enjoy it. And yes, I want to look for a matching set of armor, but at the moment I don't have the guts to do what it is required or endure the repeat until it drops.

Destiny is like this. It's a loot game, not a content game. You you keep on doing the same things week after week to get loot.

Take a break and come back if you feel like it, or just dedicate a few hours each week on doing some of the end game content, so that you don't get those withdrawal feelings.

Remember, you don't have to do things solo. Form a team and do it with Gaffers, you'll always have a better experience.

ocean

Banned
Full set of PoE, ToO or vendor armor can be had in a set, predictable time frame. Crot's End is generous enough that you can get your full set quickly too.

Don't try and complete VoG sets. You'll go insane. Day 1 player here, still don't have Huntet helm or goddamn fusion rifle.

Mercury! JustGotWicked and Rubenov are two of the nicest and most humble GAFers I've played with. Thanks for the run! It's amazing to be on a team with such high skilled players. Thanks again.

todd360

Umm lag switchers. WTF.

Nami, Lik, and I played trials last night. As soon as we got to the finishing match everything went red bar. Lag is usually there from the beginning if there is gonna be lag right? I can never tell if were getting lag switched or not.

aarcane

I've never been to the lighthouse, probably because I'm really not very good at PvP. I'd love to get in on this, but I'm just too bad to make a decent contribution.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Some guy survived a point blank fist of havoc and one took like 20 hawkmoon rounds before he finally went down. Last game no matter how many shots we got in they wouldn't die. And they were teleporting everywhere.

Top Bottom