• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT26| Like a Hat

Because you'd still be using an exotic heavy weapon exclusively, neglecting other exotics for other slots in the game. You'd still be cheesing most encounters.

This is why they're nerfing.

I'll still neglect exotics in my primary slot during PvE. It will be either the Horn or the Forth Horsman, with MIDA sprinkled in situationally. Won't change my playstyle at all.

What will get me using other exotics is a buff. S U R O S R E G I M E !

Because you'd still be using an exotic heavy weapon exclusively, neglecting other exotics for other slots in the game. You'd still be cheesing most encounters.

This is why they're nerfing.

Maybe they could instead consider making other exotic weapons worth a damn?

Outside of the usual suspects, most exotics aren't worth the slot they're taking up.

Sofa King

I've tried to solo flawless CE a couple times now. It's actually not that hard but the crota part is a little weird to do by myself and the ir yut part is annoying solo. I'm so close I did it with only one death.

If you want to try it with me we can.

Church, you on psn or xbl?

So my real life friends keep letting me down in terms of organising our first attempt at a Destiny raid, so I thought I'd see if anyone on Gaf would have the courage to allow a first timer into their Fireteam at some point.

Only have the base game so I guess there's only one raid I can do. I'm a 28 Warlock.
DeathJr has been doing some pretty fun newbie raids recently, look out to see if he's doing one. Hawkian runs a newbie raid every thursday but I believe he's not doing one in the next few weeks due to personal commitments. Alternatively if you see anyone post raid groups for normal mode VoG just ask them to add you but explain it's your first time, most of the vets here can easily carry someone through a raid these days.

Hey fellas.

Finished my first week at my first job after college. I'm hoping my gaming time doesn't get cut down by so much.

I missed you DGAF ;)

JaY P.

Thanks to Lnkn and Shingling for the Poe 32 run. Got a her courtesy with aggressive ballistics, shot package, reinforced barrel and luck in the chamber.

ta155

DeathJr has been doing some pretty fun newbie raids recently, look out to see if he's doing one. Hawkian runs a newbie raid every thursday but I believe he's not doing one in the next few weeks due to personal commitments. Alternatively if you see anyone post raid groups for normal mode VoG just ask them to add you but explain it's your first time, most of the vets here can easily carry someone through a raid these days.

Awesome, thanks for the tip!

I've managed to stumble into a Reddit Fireteam and we need two more people if anyone fancies it. Two of us are newbies. For VoG.

This really needs to be changed so that we all stop feeling shortchanged for all our grinding. -_-

Just let me buy the faction ships and shaders. Even if I somehow manage to get EVERYTHING in the game someday, that's not going to stop me from playing it. I really enjoy it reguardless.

SkylineRKR

I'll still neglect exotics in my primary slot during PvE. It will be either the Horn or the Forth Horsman, with MIDA sprinkled in situationally. Won't change my playstyle at all.

What will get me using other exotics is a buff. S U R O S R E G I M E !

I guess Horn with weaker wolfpack is still better than no additional DPS at all. The clusters on other rockets are fairly useless unless they're being buffed. I think i'm still bound to use gjallarhorn in difficult post game content.

Cetra

So I've been playing the past month or so, have my Titan to level 33. And I've hit a wall. I don't have many friends that play, and those that do have very different schedules from my own. I'm kinda getting bored of running strikes, and I can only do so much Crucible.

I'd really like to run the raids, but being unable to queue for those or PoE above 28 welp... There we go. So I dunno. I really like the game, but I'm getting weary of content being gated behind pre-made groups only.

I dunno.. I'm bored.

piratethingy

Self professed bad raider
So I've been playing the past month or so, have my Titan to level 33. And I've hit a wall. I don't have many friends that play, and those that do have very different schedules from my own. I'm kinda getting bored of running strikes, and I can only do so much Crucible.

I'd really like to run the raids, but being unable to queue for those or PoE above 28 welp... There we go. So I dunno. I really like the game, but I'm getting weary of content being gated behind pre-made groups only.

I dunno.. I'm bored.

There's been what... Three raid groups doing multiple raids formed so far today, and almost certainly another one or two before the end of the night? At least one a day. I don't understand people who just don't even bother to find a group. You're already here. You're already posting.

I bet if you posted a list 1-6 with your name at the top for any of the four available raids you could get a full group in the next half hour.

Cetra

There's been what... Three raid groups doing multiple raids formed so far today, and almost certainly another one or two before the end of the night? At least one a day. I don't understand people who just don't even bother to find a group. You're already here. You're already posting.

I bet if you posted a list 1-6 with your name at the top for any of the four available raids you could get a full group in the next half hour.

I assumed all that was for the various GAF Clans. But anyway, I found a group for VoG on DestinyLFG.net. I'm not totally inept. :p

Dynomutt

Never though about it?

Since we are souls put into a reanimated body, shouldn't we be called Ghosts?. And since Ghosts look out for us, shouldn't they be called Guardians?

Credit to: Colt_XLV on Reddit,

Where is a good place to get weapons for a level 24?

I stopped playing forever ago and only have level 18 weapons since I never did any raids or strikes or whatever, but now I wanna do some of the first expansion stuff and my weapons are terrible. Haha.

rc213

I assumed all that was for the various GAF Clans. But anyway, I found a group for VoG on DestinyLFG.net. I'm not totally inept. :p

Yea just ignore the clan names and throw your hat in the ring. Just post what you're looking to play and 9/10 you'll find people who need to do it too or who are willing to help. Raids are just a tad harder to get going but with someone coordinating it gets done.

Where is a good place to get weapons for a level 24?

I stopped playing forever ago and only have level 18 weapons since I never did any raids or strikes or whatever, but now I wanna do some of the first expansion stuff and my weapons are terrible. Haha.

You can always grind for marks to buy stuff from vendors, though you'd probably be better served buying armor from vendors. I'd suggest PvP, you'll probably have a legendary weapon drop after a few matches.

Radabe

Neo Member
Anyone else had net issues today? With time warner and net has been out most of the day - missed my clans usual trials runs, and kind of feel lost without being able to game.....1st world problems, I know lol

btkadams

When should I be doing 35 PoE? I'm level 34 and have 365 damage primaries, but my secondary and heavy weapons are mostly 331. Should I wait until I have max damage secondary/heavy weapons of each element?

Top Bottom