• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT26| Like a Hat

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone doing a Nightfall who doesn't mind carrying along a 31 hunter? I do have full Gjallarhorn and stuff it's just a new alt I need to gear up a bit. PSN: ultrajari if anyone wants to!

btkadams

When should I be doing 35 PoE? I'm level 34 and have 365 damage primaries, but my secondary and heavy weapons are mostly 331. Should I wait until I have max damage secondary/heavy weapons of each element?
I always end up at the bottom of a page lol. Anyone have any insight on this?

btkadams

You need a decent shotgun for captains at 365 (most prefer found verdict), and as always, heavy should be gjally.

What are your best special/heavy weapons right now?
I definitely don't have a good shotgun. My special weapons are mostly fusion rifles. I do have a maxed ghallahorn and icebreaker but they obviously can't be equipped at the same time.

Perhaps I should wait for the next refresh and upgrade a couple more guns. Would maxing the murmur be a good use of etheric light since it can toggle between solar and arc?

Homeboyd

I definitely don't have a good shotgun. My special weapons are mostly fusion rifles. I do have a maxed ghallahorn and icebreaker but they obviously can't be equipped at the same time.

Perhaps I should wait for the next refresh and upgrade a couple more guns. Would maxing the murmur be a good use of etheric light since it can toggle between solar and arc?
I personally don't like fusion rifles, but mostly because shotguns are so good. I mean, you'd probably be ok, but an arc shotty would make things much easier on you. Have you run VoG?

Judgment from NM vendor is good. Do you have marks?

Owensboro

Anyone have any interest in a Heroic VoG at around 9pm EST? I'm hoping to save the Gorgons checkpoint and then do gorgon chest, gatekeepers + Atheon twice.

1. Owensboro

I always end up at the bottom of a page lol. Anyone have any insight on this?

Realistically, you're going to be using your primaries the most, and 35 isn't about burning Skolas down fast as it is managing add spawns, passing the disease, and mine waves which all happen at a certain health percentage. I'd say your good as long as your light level is 34 and you have a decent primary (and maybe a shotgun to take out charging captians).

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member

Fusion rifles are just kind of useless atm. Up close a shotgun is way better, and at medium range or longer just use your primary. The shotgun from PoE is good (Her Courtesy) and you can reroll it for any element. I have one shotgun for each element now, I'll probably upgrade the Arc one to 365 once I have etheric light to spare.

rc213

Anyone have any interest in a Heroic VoG at around 9pm EST? I'm hoping to save the Gorgons checkpoint and then do gorgon chest, gatekeepers + Atheon twice.

1. Owensboro

Realistically, you're going to be using your primaries the most, and 35 isn't about burning Skolas down fast as it is managing add spawns, passing the disease, and mine waves which all happen at a certain health percentage. I'd say your good as long as your light level is 34 and you have a decent primary (and maybe a shotgun to take out charging captians).

I'll join, I think i have Gorgons HM saved.

Baliis

1. Owensboro

Put me down for it

btkadams

I personally don't like fusion rifles, but mostly because shotguns are so good. I mean, you'd probably be ok, but an arc shotty would make things much easier on you. Have you run VoG?

Judgment from NM vendor is good. Do you have marks?
I have marks, so I could get that if it's recommended. I also have Found Verdict from VoG and Invective (both completely unupgraded though). Maybe I should work on upgrading these shotguns..

Good to know. I'm thinking I may wait until I get a couple more weapons upgraded just to make sure I'm not dragging the team down. I didn't know shotguns were a big deal, so I think I'll work on those.
Fusion rifles are just kind of useless atm. Up close a shotgun is way better, and at medium range or longer just use your primary. The shotgun from PoE is good (Her Courtesy) and you can reroll it for any element. I have one shotgun for each element now, I'll probably upgrade the Arc one to 365 once I have etheric light to spare.
Noted! I'll work on shotguns now.

Homeboyd

I have marks, so I could get that if it's recommended. I also have Found Verdict from VoG and Invective (both completely unupgraded though). Maybe I should work on upgrading these shotguns..
lol I thought you said you didn't have any good shotguns???? FV is the best PvE shotgun in the game. Yes, upgrade it and use an etheric on it asap. Even if it's your only etheric left.

1. Owensboro

Sign me up I'm already on your friend list MutenTurtle

1. Owensboro

I'll come along if you still have spots open

btkadams

lol I thought you said you didn't have any good shotguns???? FV is the best PvE shotgun in the game. Yes, upgrade it and use an etheric on it asap. Even if it's your only etheric left.
Haha I honestly haven't paid attention to shotguns with this game so I didn't even know it was any good. I'll focus on that one then.

phen0m24

Thank you Lima and Tae who got my son Josh to 8-1. He got a Titan butt towel, a Scholar from the gold package and he now has 2 E light. :)

Much appreciated guys - bummer about Tae's last round DC. :( I think you would have had them. :)

purg3

slept with Malkin
Thank you Lima and Tae who got my son Josh to 8-1. He got a Titan butt towel, a Scholar from the gold package and he now has 2 E light. :)

Much appreciated guys - bummer about Tae's last round DC. :( I think you would have had them. :)

Damn that sucks, but still cool. Tae clutched it out for us last night a bunch of times. Dude is a monster with the sniper.

Homeboyd

Yeah Ned and Koro are the xbone equivalent of unstable. Requires very little effort for the rest of the party.

Monster Zero

1. Owensboro

I

I'm down if you still got room. Sin_Ghidorah

piratethingy

Self professed bad raider

1. Owensboro

I'll go, psn Crophonso

Owensboro

Heroic VoG happening @ 9pm EST. Probably Gorgons on x2 if people are okay with that. This means if you're hoping for Fatebringer we're not doing that fight. Let me know.
1. Owensboro
2. Rc213
3. Baliis
4. DoughnutTurtle
5. Saveweyard

piratethingy

Self professed bad raider
Heroic VoG happening @ 9pm EST. Probably Gorgons on x2 if people are okay with that. This means if you're hoping for Fatebringer we're not doing that fight. Let me know.
1. Owensboro
2. Rc213
3. Baliis
4. DoughnutTurtle
5. Saveweyard

Crophonso?

Edit: just counting and I was #7 to post, no worries, I'll play trials or summit.

MrDaravon

Day 2 of trying to kill Urzok. After 2 days and about 10 failed attempts the game finally gives me a random in the zone. He's level 24 and completely incompetent and spends most of the enemy movement phase dead.

Is there SERIOUSLY something I am missing here? I've done the urn/Urzok quest on 4-5 other characters and I've never had this problem where it never spawns anyone else in the zone AND it's not once given me a Warsat event with Urzok, just the enemy movement one which is significantly harder. I have to be missing something. I just want purple gloves :(

deafmedal

Day 2 of trying to kill Urzok. After 2 days and about 10 failed attempts the game finally gives me a random in the zone. He's level 24 and completely incompetent and spends most of the enemy movement phase dead.

Is there SERIOUSLY something I am missing here? I've done the urn/Urzok quest on 4-5 other characters and I've never had this problem where it never spawns anyone else in the zone AND it's not once given me a Warsat event with Urzok, just the enemy movement one which is significantly harder. I have to be missing something. I just want purple gloves :(

We'll help you, psn?

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
What semi finals? You guys confuse me so much with competitive destiny talk. How the hell are you setting up matches. Play all day and hope you get matched against who you want to play against?

I don't understand how they are doing it either.

Anyone want to do some raiding, strikes, trials, etc?

nowai

What semi finals? You guys confuse me so much with competitive destiny talk. How the hell are you setting up matches. Play all day and hope you get matched against who you want to play against?

If you are in the same region and you coordinate your queues, you can match up with another team on purpose.

You can do this with any game type, even rumble.

todd360

I don't understand how they are doing it either.

Anyone want to do some raiding, strikes, trials, etc?

I'd play a crota hard raid.

If you are in the same region and you coordinate your queues, you can match up with another team on purpose.

You can do this with any game type, even rumble.

Sounds like a huge pain in the ass. I wonder if they can add custom games in a dlc. We probably have to wait for destiny 2 though.

nowai

I'd play a crota hard raid.

Sounds like a huge pain in the ass. I wonder if they can add custom games in a dlc. We probably have to wait for destiny 2 though.

Indeed, HUGE pain in the ass. You have to constantly monitor if you have matched up with the correct team and leave the game fast while still in orbit if you match with the wrong team.

Custom games would be fantastic.

Top Bottom