• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT26| Like a Hat

Namikaze1

Fuck it. Dismantling my TDB Titan gear. Shit looks ugly and I need space.

Edit: Top of page!

Thank the Traveler for the incoming Necrochasm buff!

Arrrammis

I think my problem with it was that it forced sniper play. To me, the multiplayer is best when there's a variety of weapons being used. While the primaries were varied among PR, HC, and SRs, the secondary for everyone was a sniper.
I started feeling like that, but I noticed that there is a side that is hilly and very open, and then the other has several building and tons of cover. I tested it out and did pretty well with a hand cannon and fusion rifle/shotgun.

kiguel182

I've been really enjoying the Hawkmoon that I got on yesterday's CE raid. It is a fun weapon even if I had to change my strategy and use a sniper as my secondary instead of a shotgun for long range situations. Still, really fun weapon.

And I've been itching to do VoG again some day soon, since I only did it once I guess I'm still a noob at it but would love to do it again.

purg3

slept with Malkin
At what level does the reef social space unlock? Just started my first Hunter and I want to get there as quick as possible to buy this weeks armor piece since I won't be able to play tomorrow before the reset.

Laying waste to the scrubbiest of scrubs in Skirmish with Bitsurugi and pal. I don't think they scored 1,000 points combined across 4 matches. Most difficult team was No LAG Beyonders trying to troll.

ocean

Banned
I've been playing combined arms a lot this week, and rediscovered how awesome Truth is. Here are some of my favorite moments:
https://youtu.be/CT2_eisShUg
A lot of people don't know how to curve out their rockets and feel like Truth tracking is similar to other rockets'. Once you figure out the slingshot for angling around geometry or to come from above so they can't jump over it, Truth really feels like OP madness.

On an impulse buy, I picked up the 2 expansions, and reinstalled Destiny. I forgot how clunky and cumbersome the "hub" was, and the shit load times between everything. Anyway, I snag the first quest from the chick outside the tower, and head down to fuck up Crota's minions.

Was glad to see my guns are still just as effective as the last time I played in early October last year. I was expecting to be under powered. Things were going fine, was heading down into the Fallen cave area, and the Fist of Crota spawns. Boss fight begins, and my controller goes fucking haywire and lags out like mad. It comes back, for a minute, and then does the same shit again. Input is about 3-4 seconds off and/or unresponsive. Seriously, WTF?!

Destiny, I tried to come back to you, I really, really did, but you just shit on me like
always :(

Anyone have a fix for this controller sync issue???

You sure it's not the new "weight of darkness" mechanic that happens in that room? It makes you sluggish and can't jump.

darthbob

Rolled a couple motes and ended up with this.

IeR3Hju.jpg

Worth keeping?

SkylineRKR

Rolled a couple motes and ended up with this.

Worth keeping?

I maxed mine w/o headseeker and found it was lacking. So I rerolled. But it could be my own lack of skill, couldn't land perfect bursts much.

Now I have Sureshot IS, Feeding Frenzy, Braced Frame and Headseeker and I'm doing much better (was already doing better before maxing it, because of Sureshot instead of ORS I think). Hidden Hand might work well too as it makes crits easier, and its all about that.

Braced Frame is the most important perk I think. You'll need that maxed stab.

Trials anyone? Would love to try to get to mercury for the first time, but I'm happy enough to just play casual for practice too.

Psn Teasing_Pink

Today has been a good day for being blessed by RNGesus. Set out to do some Dragon Strikes and got the Hopscotch Pilgrim on the second one! If that wasn't enough, it took two rolls to get Feeding Frenzy, Braced Frame and Hidden Hand :D Now my characters on both consoles have a Hopscotch!

However my K/D has PLUMMETED since I have started using it in the Crucible :/ Hopefully I'll get better with it when the upgrades are unlocked. Miss using my hand cannons...

Also, finally got the Crux! Necrochasm is mine!

coy

I've been really enjoying the Hawkmoon that I got on yesterday's CE raid. It is a fun weapon even if I had to change my strategy and use a sniper as my secondary instead of a shotgun for long range situations. Still, really fun weapon.

And I've been itching to do VoG again some day soon, since I only did it once I guess I'm still a noob at it but would love to do it again.
Don't know what your Tuesdays or Wednesdays are like but they're probably the best days to find raid groups. Otherwise, starting a list can garner interest quicker than asking in a post. Many on here have done it dozens of times so you don't have to worry about your inexperience even if the group wants to do HM versions. If it is a HM raid, I'd suggest stating your inexperience at the onset so you can get tips and suggestions regarding the added difficulty to the encounters. Glad to hear the raiding bug has bit you!

Magik

Today has been a good day for being blessed by RNGesus. Set out to do some Dragon Strikes and got the Hopscotch Pilgrim on the second one! If that wasn't enough, it took two rolls to get Feeding Frenzy, Braced Frame and Hidden Hand :D Now my characters on both consoles have a Hopscotch!

However my K/D has PLUMMETED since I have started using it in the Crucible :/ Hopefully I'll get better with it when the upgrades are unlocked. Miss using my hand cannons...

Also, finally got the Crux! Necrochasm is mine!

Don't approach Pulse Rifles as you would Hand Cannons. Both, imo, require completely different playstyles.

Pulse Rifles are mid-long range so you need to find good lines of sights and position yourself correctly to make the most of your shots.

Unstable

Really enjoyed running Trials with Jason and Kirk. After a few false starts we managed make it to Mercury.

Now I'm going to bed. Good night GAF.

Top Bottom