• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT26| Like a Hat

Kurumi

Ty Wicked and Rubenov for getting me to Mercury again! My hunter looks so good in that ToO armor. Now if I could just get the cloak.

kudoboi

Tried destiny with remote play for the first time... Let's just say the experience was pretty awful. The latency lag was very noticeable

kiguel182

Don't know what your Tuesdays or Wednesdays are like but they're probably the best days to find raid groups. Otherwise, starting a list can garner interest quicker than asking in a post. Many on here have done it dozens of times so you don't have to worry about your inexperience even if the group wants to do HM versions. If it is a HM raid, I'd suggest stating your inexperience at the onset so you can get tips and suggestions regarding the added difficulty to the encounters. Glad to hear the raiding bug has bit you!

I might try to start one if I can't find a group. I want to do NM for now at least, the problem is finding a group that is okay with my lack of experience even if I do know most of the mechanics now.

And yeah, VoG was too fun to not want to repeat it.

EDIT: And I'm still using the PS4 headset that sometimes makes it hard to understand what some people are saying. That sucks in general.

Good luck y'all. If the new game is going to introduce new trophies, will that mean we would have to create a new GLord list?

Thanks! Hope we can get a group together!

I've been trying to get in on a flawless run for about 8months but I always miss them >.< I should've been near the start of the G'lord list! Ha!

I can do a quick run to help while waiting for the flawless group to fill up :)

I got one more non-Gaf friend who's ready to roll whenever, sent out anothe message to someone who wanted to do it but haven't heard back yet.

Edit:

Still looking for players ? I wanna do it, too !

Cool, looks like we're full now. My PSN is DrDrizzay101, I'll start a new party chat soon so just join up on me when everyone is ready.

chur

I might try to start one if I can't find a group. I want to do NM for now at least, the problem is finding a group that is okay with my lack of experience even if I do know most of the mechanics now.

And yeah, VoG was too fun to not want to repeat it.

EDIT: And I'm still using the PS4 headset that sometimes makes it hard to understand what some people are saying. That sucks in general.
If you start one let me know, I've yet to complete it this week on my hunter. Most people here don't mind lack of experience, Destiny LFG on the other hand... Lol.

darthbob

Braced Frame and Hidden Hand are what you want. I personally want Feeding Frenzy, but the first perk is less important.

I maxed mine w/o headseeker and found it was lacking. So I rerolled. But it could be my own lack of skill, couldn't land perfect bursts much.

Now I have Sureshot IS, Feeding Frenzy, Braced Frame and Headseeker and I'm doing much better (was already doing better before maxing it, because of Sureshot instead of ORS I think). Hidden Hand might work well too as it makes crits easier, and its all about that.

Braced Frame is the most important perk I think. You'll need that maxed stab.

Used all my motes trying to get Hidden Hand and Braced Frame. Got close on one roll with HH and Smallbore, but alas the hunt continues.

If you start one let me know, I've yet to complete it this week on my hunter. Most people here don't mind lack of experience, Destiny LFG on the other hand... Lol.

Most of my friend don't either, once you've done it a few times, taking someone through isn't a big deal.

Blunoise

Well looks like I have completed every bounty on destiny and I have become a Guardian Lord. Now I may want to do some raids to get my third character up to speed

kiguel182

Yeah, that website is too intimidating for me. The community here is way more open to new or worse players in general.

Ok, will join in ~20 or so.

Starting fresh or with checkpoint?

Sounds good. It will be a fresh NM raid since we are going for the Flawless Raider trophy. If anybody dies then we'll just restart and go again. It shouldn't take too long, usually an hour or 2 hours max on previous runs I've done.

GhaleonEB

Ugh of course the dude with the least kills gets a fourth horseman at the end of this strike.

That's been how the past few days have gone for me. I've had about the same number of kills as the other two guys combined, and they get legendaries across the board. One got two legendaries, and a legendary ship, in the same strike. I'm considering slowly eating a meal while playing the next few and seeing how it goes.

Ikkarus

Sounds good. It will be a fresh NM raid since we are going for the Flawless Raider trophy. If anybody dies then we'll just restart and go again. It shouldn't take too long, usually an hour or 2 hours max on previous runs I've done.
Are you full for the flawless run? No worries if you are.

Most of my friend don't either, once you've done it a few times, taking someone through isn't a big deal.

NeoGaf Around the World

If you and your friend could join this clan real quick we are trying to get the Clan Raid trophy for a few people as well (and you two also if you need it of course).

Everyone can just join for the raid and then switch their active clan back to whatever when we're done if they have a preferred clan.

Would love to tag along if u got room for a lv 32 Virgin :)
Psn:dyergram

We're going for the Flawless Raider trophy where nobody in the fire team can die at all, so it's not the best run for a virgin :p

But if people want to do a normal, non-flawless raid after then I'm happy to help sherpa that.

Yours, truly, with the mad tripmine skillz.

okbvUsH.gif

I'm kidding, it's actually Wicked. He can't post it himself. :p

willow ve

Anyone know of a loop you can run to farm for Token of Judgement / Flight / etc.? Sick of running PoE lvl 28 and just want to farm the tokens to dismantle for PoE reputation.

Is Cosmodrome the best bet? Really just looking for a loop that can be repeated over and over again (2 month old at home, rarely get more than 15 minutes of playtime in any given segment : also frequently have to go AFK so joining groups etc is out of the question).

Basically I want to kill as many of the roaming House of Wolves enemies (each kill grants a chance at a Token. Each token = 12 Rep for PoE).

dyergram

We're going for the Flawless Raider trophy where nobody in the fire team can die at all, so it's not the best run for a virgin :p

But if people want to do a normal, non-flawless raid after then I'm happy to help sherpa that.
No probs let me know if u do a peasant run later :)

NeoGaf Around the World

If you and your friend could join this clan real quick we are trying to get the Clan Raid trophy for a few people as well (and you two also if you need it of course).

Everyone can just join for the raid and then switch their active clan back to whatever when we're done if they have a preferred clan.

What time are you doing this, and Is there room?

That's been how the past few days have gone for me. I've had about the same number of kills as the other two guys combined, and they get legendaries across the board. One got two legendaries, and a legendary ship, in the same strike. I'm considering slowly eating a meal while playing the next few and seeing how it goes.

You'll probably get a ghallerhorn lol. It's tough because they need to strike a balance so that weaker players or players with less gear aren't put in a position where they don't get good loot, but at the same time it's frustrating when performance isn't really rewarded.

We are full for this run, just waiting for Boombloxer and his buddy to join then we are going to hit the road. If there are enough people to do another flawless raid later I'm always happy to help.

Good luck raiders!

Hit me to later drizz if you end up doing it again

Went flawless with Ikkarus and new Sons candidate Navvaro. Didn't even need the mercy, even though we faced a full-blown lag-switcher as the final boss. Will try to post a video later. It was absurd and depressing, but Ikkarus was in full beast mode and wouldn't be denied. Got a void scholar from the chest, and a jewell from the package (now, I just need an elemental jewell). Also, I stole Ikkarus' shader :p

Top Bottom