• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT26| Like a Hat

I too would be down for this as I still need that trophy. That and the clan raid, but that will be much easier to arrange I think.

Well that's maybe 4... Danarchy, his friend, and Raybunzy all expressed interest recently so who knows.

If we run it, we can all join my clan before starting to get the clan raid trophy at the same time. Very easy, we actually did this with one of the flawless runs earlier today.

Edit: page top for real? Historical first flawless pic incoming... boom!

Flawless Raider: No Time Vengeance, No Problem Edition

B8YLxwJIMAAjs8Q.jpg:large

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
So, I had about 9 days of pretty solid Destiny time.

About two weeks ago I was level 24, but had more or less just given up on Destiny. I bought the season pass at launch, so I had both expansions already.

It was a game that I enjoyed enough to play through the main story and did a lot of strikes, but had sort of written off doing raids. I had tried to level up my reputation with the Vanguard and buy armor, but in the end I just sort of gave up as I found it to be less than fun.

About two weeks ago, I logged back in for the first time in a very long time, and found the House of Wolves tweeks to really make the game much more playable. It seems my reputation earned much quicker, and I was level 2 before I knew it. On top of that RNGesus blessed me with an exotic helmet and some gloves, so all I had to do was purchase the chest piece and legs which I did in around a day.

Then my wife left town. My goal was to grind up a little bit and then try and run both raids. I found myself at level 32 on my own, and decided it was time to run Vault of Glass on normal so I could learn the raid. Instead someone invited me to the last room of a Hard run. I survived and got two random drops in the raid. Mostly legendary weapons, which I needed pretty bad.

Then I switched over to Prison of Elders so I could get my level up. I joined a group thinking it would be enough that I unlocked the prison of elders, then had to sheepishly back out and go play the lowest ranked version.

I really like Crota's end and Prison of Elders. I think they are super fun gameplay experiences, and led to a lot of people being super cooperative.

Vault of Glass I felt was not as good. The opening section is great, and I like the final boss fight alot. I thought the hall with the Gorgon's and the platforming section were a little bit off. One single player messing up would halt the entire group. Which I gather was the idea, but it led to one guy getting called out and sort of turned the camaraderie negative.

Long story short:

-I am now level 33. I've got a rocket launcher that I was told was good but not great (Truth), and have almost max leveled all of my guns.

-I've beaten both raids on Hard several times.

-I'm waiting on the weekly reset (and some free time since my wife is back in town) to run through 34 POE and level up to 34. Then I'll try my luck at Skolas.

Then I have to decide if I want to (or have time) to make 30 more public events to get the year 1 reward.

I was always on the fence about Destiny. I liked the core gunplay, but found it's leveling system too grindy.

-They have more or less fixed anything I didnd't like about the game before, with the exception of some of the social stuff. I still wish there were an in-game way to run raids. Even if they toned them way way down.

- I stuck at PVP in this game, Trials of Osiris is clearly not for me, and I don't really want to waste anyone's trip that week on this guy ruining everything.

- One guy was a super dick and invited me to his game, then inspected me and booted me from the fire team because I didn't have the weapon he wanted. My profile didn't say I had it.. That was my only real negative experience all week.

Destiny really shines at the end-game, but it feels like something of a members only club when it doesn't need to.

todd360

So, I had about 9 days of pretty solid Destiny time.

About two weeks ago I was level 24, but had more or less just given up on Destiny. I bought the season pass at launch, so I had both expansions already.

It was a game that I enjoyed enough to play through the main story and did a lot of strikes, but had sort of written off doing raids. I had tried to level up my reputation with the Vanguard and buy armor, but in the end I just sort of gave up as I found it to be less than fun.

About two weeks ago, I logged back in for the first time in a very long time, and found the House of Wolves tweeks to really make the game much more playable. It seems my reputation earned much quicker, and I was level 2 before I knew it. On top of that RNGesus blessed me with an exotic helmet and some gloves, so all I had to do was purchase the chest piece and legs which I did in around a day.

Then my wife left town. My goal was to grind up a little bit and then try and run both raids. I found myself at level 32 on my own, and decided it was time to run Vault of Glass on normal so I could learn the raid. Instead someone invited me to the last room of a Hard run. I survived and got two random drops in the raid. Mostly legendary weapons, which I needed pretty bad.

Then I switched over to Prison of Elders so I could get my level up. I joined a group thinking it would be enough that I unlocked the prison of elders, then had to sheepishly back out and go play the lowest ranked version.

I really like Crota's end and Prison of Elders. I think they are super fun gameplay experiences, and led to a lot of people being super cooperative.

Vault of Glass I felt was not as good. The opening section is great, and I like the final boss fight alot. I thought the hall with the Gorgon's and the platforming section were a little bit off. One single player messing up would halt the entire group. Which I gather was the idea, but it led to one guy getting called out and sort of turned the camaraderie negative.

Long story short:

-I am now level 33. I've got a rocket launcher that I was told was good but not great (Truth), and have almost max leveled all of my guns.

-I've beaten both raids on Hard several times.

-I'm waiting on the weekly reset (and some free time since my wife is back in town) to run through 34 POE and level up to 34. Then I'll try my luck at Skolas.

Then I have to decide if I want to (or have time) to make 30 more public events to get the year 1 reward.

I was always on the fence about Destiny. I liked the core gunplay, but found it's leveling system too grindy.

-They have more or less fixed anything I didnd't like about the game before, with the exception of some of the social stuff. I still wish there were an in-game way to run raids. Even if they toned them way way down.

- I stuck at PVP in this game, Trials of Osiris is clearly not for me, and I don't really want to waste anyone's trip that week on this guy ruining everything.

- One guy was a super dick and invited me to his game, then inspected me and booted me from the fire team because I didn't have the weapon he wanted. My profile didn't say I had it.. That was my only real negative experience all week.

Destiny really shines at the end-game, but it feels like something of a members only club when it doesn't need to.

Membership ID and password please.

Do it! Year wunners are the new gen wunners!

StoOgE

Membership ID and password please.

Do it! Year wunners are the new gen wunners!

I'm going to try to.

My core problem with Destiny is I simply don't have the time to play it anymore. I wanted a new PSO (and this is close), but I think I've come to realize the real issue is I'm no longer 20-22 and single.

I *might* get to game 4-5 non consecutive hours in a given week. Destiny isn't really a game built around that.

Well that's maybe 4... Danarchy, his friend, and Raybunzy all expressed interest recently so who knows.

If we run it, we can all join my clan before starting to get the clan raid trophy at the same time. Very easy, we actually did this with one of the flawless runs earlier today.

Edit: page top for real? Historical first flawless pic incoming... boom!

Flawless Raider: No Time Vengeance, No Problem Edition

I would be interested in flawless. Need to get permission from the boss first.

Congrats to all the new Flawless Raiders and GLords (and soon to be GLords)! We gotta keep Lnkn busy on that GLords of Gaf list, haha. Great job as always everyone, very fun group to run with and everyone kept an upbeat attitude the whole time despite the stress of flawless runs.

It's possible I've lost count by now but pretty sure that was Flawless Raider #20 for me (6 VoG, 14 CE). Still probably my favorite thing to do in Destiny and always happy to help when I'm available. At some point we have to do:

1.) Flawless NM VoG: Hawkian-DeafMedal-PvtHudson-McArkus-MS-whoever Edition

2.) Flawless HM VoG: Calling all fearless Guardians and experts of first-person platforming

Great stuff Drizzay, so many new guardian lords and flawless raiders under your guidance :)

I'm always up for that hard VoG flawless.

todd360

I'm going to try to.

My core problem with Destiny is I simply don't have the time to play it anymore. I wanted a new PSO (and this is close), but I think I've come to realize the real issue is I'm no longer 20-22 and single.

I *might* get to game 4-5 non consecutive hours in a given week. Destiny isn't really a game built around that.

True. You really have to pick and choose what you want to do if you don't have a great deal of time.

Welcome to DGAF! Glad you've gotten a chance to experience the end game content.

To be fair, the experience you describe is a failing of your teammates' attitudes, not the raid's design. A good team will make even many wipes in a row into a fun laugh, and help newer players understand where they might be going wrong. Sounds like you had a really poor sherpa frankly.

Fwiw Luke Smith has said the new raid in TTK will have more transitional travelling sections like the Gorgons and jumping platforms, to give the team a sense of moving through a large space (and to hide secrets...).

If you need help with Skolas just post here and I can hop in if I'm available or some of the other experienced players here. This week is definitely a good one to run it since the modifiers are pretty tame. Any week with Small Arms and Lightswitch is not recommended for your first time.

There are plenty of PvP pro's around here who can easily carry an inexperienced player to Mercury in Trials, and do so many times a week. Just hang out here and people will point you in the right direction.

Edit: And right on cue... lol

I could help you with Trials, if you're still interested this week.

I'm going to try to.

The public events part is a bit of a pain, but it wasn't as bad as I was expecting. I was in the same boat as you, needing around 25 of them. Heading to mars with a destiny event tracker app on my phone got those knocked out pretty quick. Mars seemed to have the most events popping when the tracker said they would, and running patrol missions inbetween kept the tedium down. Got it done in a few trips!

StoOgE

There are plenty of PvP pro's around here who can easily carry an inexperienced player to Mercury in Trials, and do so many times a week. Just hang out here and people will point you in the right direction.

I'm on a Xbone, from what I've gathered most of Dgaf is PS4.

I'm on a Xbone, from what I've gathered most of Dgaf is PS4.

Ah, that is a bit of a hindrance since myself and the majority of DGAF is PS4 like you said. But there are plenty of XBoners and their numbers are growing every day. Be sure to join the sign up list for Xbox players that's linked in the OP if you haven't already.

Resident PvP-Pro Unstable there has recently made some characters on X1 and can do some Trials carries there as well. So can other X1 Pros like Lima and Koro.

Edit: and right on cue again! Damn, DGAF too strong :p

There's a couple good xboners on here if you ever need help.

I finally finished the crucible portion of the Thorn bounty guys! Now I'm doing the Summoning Pits strike for Xyor but the second ship won't spawn! All the adds are dead (I think) and its just me and Phogoth hanging out. How do I trigger the ships to spawn? Should I do damage to Phogoth?

Also if anyone wants to jump in and help me finish this I'd appreciate it.

psn: kreepmode

I finally finished the Thorn bounty guys! Now I'm doing the Summoning Pits strike for Xyor but the second ship won't spawn! All the adds are dead (I think) and its just me and Phogoth hanging out. How do I trigger the ships to spawn? Should I do damage to Phogoth?

Ships spawn on Phogoth hp level. Get him to like 10% for Xyor to spawn.

I finally finished the Thorn bounty guys! Now I'm doing the Summoning Pits strike for Xyor but the second ship won't spawn! All the adds are dead (I think) and its just me and Phogoth hanging out. How do I trigger the ships to spawn? Should I do damage to Phogoth?

Yeah take his health down to about 1/3rd and the final dropship should spawn.

I would be interested in flawless. Need to get permission from the boss first.

Cool, I'm trying to get some food now but will keep hanging around the thread to see if enough people materialize and are ready to go at the same time to make it happen.

Great stuff Drizzay, so many new guardian lords and flawless raiders under your guidance :)

I'm always up for that hard VoG flawless.

Thanks dude! You've been killing it with the blind newbie raids, I gotta try to do my part =D

Sounds like you, me, Nami, and maybe deaf + ms are open to flawless HM VoG. I'm sure we can convince one or two others to give it a shot sometime, maybe after we do Hawkian's NM flawless just to get back in the swing.

Sadly all the best flawless VoG'ers from yesteryear have ~retired. Cyborg was the only one who came somewhat close to my obsessive dedication on our initial runs, Steroyd hasn't been around since before HoW and iRawr has been in semi-retirement a while plus a self-imposed Gaf ban currently.

Unstable

Yeah you have to damage Brogoth a bunch. I just had to do this recently and some very awesome people helped me, so I'd like to return the favor. I'll join you in just a minute.

adin75

Will have to finally give ToO a try myself one of these days. Have around 90 passage coins gathering dust in the vault, may as well use them.

Shout out to Ned and Cha for popping my mercury cherry on Xbox!!

EDIT: Holy craps got an Arc Scholar with outlaw, perfect balance/send it, and reactive reload

Thanks dude! You've been killing it with the blind newbie raids, I gotta try to do my part =D

Sounds like you, me, Nami, and maybe deaf + ms are open to flawless HM VoG. I'm sure we can convince one or two others to give it a shot sometime, maybe after we do Hawkian's NM flawless just to get back in the swing.

Sadly all the best flawless VoG'ers from yesteryear have ~retired. Cyborg was the only one who came somewhat close to my obsessive dedication on our initial runs, Steroyd hasn't been around since before HoW and iRawr has been in semi-retirement a while plus a self-imposed Gaf ban currently.

Heh, thanks. It's so much fun, i'd love to organise a few more first timer raids if enough people are interested. Maybe a little less trolling next time :p

Also, after the VoG flawless ages ago, I've haven't tried CE flawless. So if you're filling up a group and short one, let me know.

Also irawr is stealthily playing Destiny when no one is looking :p

Yeah you have to damage Brogoth a bunch. I just had to do this recently and some very awesome people helped me, so I'd like to return the favor. I'll join you in just a minute.

Thank you for jumping in! That was awesome.

Thanks to Word of Crota, Party Crasher +1, The Truth, Unstable and last but not least The Ram, which really took me over the edge as far as being able to finish the crucible portion of the bounty. Its been a long 10 months but I finally got a Thorn! I can finally free up that bounty slot.

Thank you for jumping in! That was awesome.

Thanks to Word of Crota, Party Crasher +1, The Truth, Unstable and last but not least The Ram, which really took me over the edge as far as being able to finish the crucible portion of the bounty. Its been a long 7 months but I finally got a Thorn! I can finally free up that bounty slot.

Awesome, congrats. Enjoy it while you can.

McArkus

Congrats to all the new Flawless Raiders and GLords (and soon to be GLords)! We gotta keep Lnkn busy on that GLords of Gaf list, haha. Great job as always everyone, very fun group to run with and everyone kept an upbeat attitude the whole time despite the stress of flawless runs.

It's possible I've lost count by now but pretty sure that was Flawless Raider #20 for me (6 VoG, 14 CE). Still probably my favorite thing to do in Destiny and always happy to help when I'm available. At some point we have to do:

1.) Flawless NM VoG: Hawkian-DeafMedal-PvtHudson-McArkus-MS-whoever Edition

2.) Flawless HM VoG: Calling all fearless Guardians and experts of first-person platforming

Oh yes, I'm in for the normal one and ready to give it all for the hard one.

Good to see orders are hitting Aus.

Good Lord, don't be telling me that! What sizes did you order/regular size?

Others in AU got theirs weeks ago. I used USPS' cheaper shipping option so it arrived much later. Didn't make sense paying more for postage than the cost of the shirt.

I ordered L and it's almost an XL. It's not too long, but quite wide/loose.

Top Bottom