• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT26| Like a Hat

ocean

Banned
I've played for 5 weeks and 3 days.

What the fuck.
Meaning out of the past 10 months, over 1 full month of your life has been on Destiny.

ce9c949d6c73dbfb889f6036bac022dd.gif

TacticalFailure

Neo Member
Meaning out of the past 10 months, over 1 full month of your life has been on Destiny.

ce9c949d6c73dbfb889f6036bac022dd.gif

I hope my wife never figures out how to check my play time. 4 weeks and three days is a lot of time. Although my oldest son has logged more hours than I have since we had our fourth kid 3 months ago. 4 kids and a job that takes me out of town every other week hasn't left me much time for gaming.

On that note, I wanted to throw out a quick thanks to the fellow xbox players on dgaf that have been willing to help my son get through some of the more difficult content. His gaming skills have improved along with his enjoyment of the game over the past few months. Dgaf is full of a lot of good people!

Awesome, congratulations guys!
I need to get in on this, if you ever have space for me!

Hey drizz anymore flawless CE runs planned for today?

Sure, we can do another run whenever we get enough people to fill out the fire team. I can think of at least another 4+ people right now so with us 3 we should be able to find a time eventually. I was pretty amazed that we had enough interest to fill out 3 teams yesterday, but it's great when the plans come together like that.

Just reached level 20. Reading over the OP; some of the guides in there are really useful. I've done all of it myself so far and it's really enjoyable - story-wise I've charged the Gate-Lord's head and I'm ready to go to the Black Garden. Think I'll do that tonight and then maybe have a crack at the Crucible after that.

123rl

I hope my wife never figures out how to check my play time. 4 weeks and three days is a lot of time. Although my oldest son has logged more hours than I have since we had our fourth kid 3 months ago. 4 kids and a job that takes me out of town every other week hasn't left me much time for gaming.

On that note, I wanted to throw out a quick thanks to the fellow xbox players on dgaf that have been willing to help my son get through some of the more difficult content. His gaming skills have improved along with his enjoyment of the game over the past few months. Dgaf is full of a lot of good people!

I played PoE and Iron Banner with your son a few weeks ago. He's an awesome player.

TacticalFailure

Neo Member
I played PoE and Iron Banner with your son a few weeks ago. He's an awesome player.

He was pretty happy about that. He loves the crucible, especially iron banner and ToO, he almost made it to mercury this weekend, was 8-0 with randoms from the tower before they lost to go 9-1. I think I might still have a slight edge on him when it comes to PvE skill, but I think he has eclipsed my PvP skills.

123rl

We tried to do PoE35. We got to the last round and very nearly best Skolas. It was my first time and the third player had never done it either, and it was a tough perk modifier too. We very nearly killed him but we had to give up.

http://wastedondestiny.com

What am I doing with my life damn. Seeing total playtime across all characters, even deleted ones, all summed up: Destiny pls :p

The sad part about this website is that it only includes Active time, not Total time which also adds in Tower and Orbit hours. Just the difference between Active and Total is more time than I've spent in almost any other game in my life.

That's a lot of time in Tower and Orbit....

TacticalFailure

Neo Member
We tried to do PoE35. We got to the last round and very nearly best Skolas. It was my first time and the third player had never done it either, and it was a tough perk modifier too. We very nearly killed him but we had to give up.

I watched for a few minutes that night, you guys had a sound strategy for that fight and were incredibly close to taking him out.

123rl

I watched for a few minutes that night, you guys had a sound strategy for that fight and were incredibly close to taking him out.
Definitely. It was just bad luck because we were doing everything correctly. At one point the VIP spawned at the same time as the mines, lol

glaurung

Me and my two friends finally reached the magical 32.5 level point.

Now we're either miffed to start the long reputation grind for better Varix gear... Or we need help with raiding. None of us has raided before...

Feorax

Sure, we can do another run whenever we get enough people to fill out the fire team. I can think of at least another 4+ people right now so with us 3 we should be able to find a time eventually. I was pretty amazed that we had enough interest to fill out 3 teams yesterday, but it's great when the plans come together like that.

Ive been trying to get it done solo. I have the strats down, but unfortunately the luck needed just hasn't been on my side.

If you're running one again in the near future I'd love to get in on it.

maomaoIYP

Me and my two friends finally reached the magical 32.5 level point.

Now we're either miffed to start the long reputation grind for better Varix gear... Or we need help with raiding. None of us has raided before...

You don't need to grind reputation, you just need to clear the PoE 32 onwards. It's very doable, DGaf helped me out with 2 characters over the weekend.

Waldini

So ... I was thinking of "collecting" complaints about Trials of Osiris and "offer" it to Bungie. Might post it on Reddit for the community managers to see. But when I think about doing it ... I got this feeling that it will be acknowledged and that'll be the end of it.

Had some rough games in Trials. People showing up out of nowhere. Others were sitting in a corner and when trying to shoot them they'd just get up and kill you. Wouldn't take any damage. Which is frustrating, to say the least. If you are 8-0, with no more loss-boons ... you want that 9-0. But when you face a lag-switching team for the second time you just want to smash your controller to bits and smack a Bungie employee across the face. There's NOTHING you can do about it except sit it out. When 3 of your enemies can't be killed and rely on capturing the zones to win you feel like shit.

I'd rather fucking lose 5-4 than come up against a team of cheaters/laggers. There's an increase in these kind of players every week. Has Bungie EVER acknowledged they are doing something about this?

They only thing I noticed so far is that there are far less of these people on PS4 compared to XBONE. I've seen Unstable play with randoms and he barely encounters them. But when looking at XBONE livestreams ... man.

glaurung

You don't need to grind reputation, you just need to clear the PoE 32 onwards. It's very doable, DGaf helped me out with 2 characters over the weekend.
Hmm. I fear we might not be up to the task at PoE32. Two of the guys on our fireteam are not that good yet (and I am one of them).
So ... I was thinking of "collecting" complaints about Trials of Osiris and "offer" it to Bungie. Might post it on Reddit for the community managers to see. But when I think about doing it ... I got this feeling that it will be acknowledged and that'll be the end of it.

Had some rough games in Trials. People showing up out of nowhere. Others were sitting in a corner and when trying to shoot them they'd just get up and kill you. Wouldn't take any damage. Which is frustrating, to say the least. If you are 8-0, with no more loss-boons ... you want that 9-0. But when you face a lag-switching team for the second time you just want to smash your controller to bits and smack a Bungie employee across the face. There's NOTHING you can do about it except sit it out. When 3 of your enemies can't be killed and rely on capturing the zones to win you feel like shit.

I'd rather fucking lose 5-4 than come up against a team of cheaters/laggers. There's an increase in these kind of players every week. Has Bungie EVER acknowledged they are doing something about this?

They only thing I noticed so far is that there are far less of these people on PS4 compared to XBONE. I've seen Unstable play with randoms and he barely encounters them. But when looking at XBONE livestreams ... man.
Xbox One is the home of the cheater. Halo MCC dodgers are similar cunts.

Shito

Hmm. I fear we might not be up to the task at PoE32. Two of the guys on our fireteam are not that good yet (and I am one of them).
Next week's one (starting tomorrow) is the easiest one: I would suggest you give it a try, it really is not that difficult. :)

Ive been trying to get it done solo. I have the strats down, but unfortunately the luck needed just hasn't been on my side.

If you're running one again in the near future I'd love to get in on it.

Most definitely. There's been a lot of interest recently so I'm betting we can get another team together soon. Obviously solo'ing is very possible but a 6-person fire team makes it a cinch.

ocean

Banned
Most definitely. There's been a lot of interest recently so I'm betting we can get another team together soon. Obviously solo'ing is very possible but a 6-person fire team makes it a cinch.
If you need an extra body for a flawless CE you can send me an invite anytime, I'm always done for helping with those.

You know me and my buddy are trying for it (danarchy99 PSN)

I'd be bummed I missed out this weekend but I just got back from weezer

ocean

Banned
Things I want and will probably not get:

Int/Dis, HC+Heavy Reload Exile Gauntlets
Int/Dis, HC+Sniper Ammo Exile Chest

That is all.

Kyoufu

Any knowledge of exploits required or do groups do it the normal way? I've been meaning to get it done but I only know how to do the raid normally.

ocean

Banned
Any knowledge of exploits required or do groups do it the normal way? I've been meaning to get it done but I only know how to do the raid normally.
Bridge and onwards are best done legit for flawless, practicing care. Abyss you can either run normally, or leave 5 people on the top and just have a stealth Hunter solo it.

Lnkn52

I've played for 80 full days. I could've traveled around the world in the same time. And some people wonder why I don't play as much as I used to...
Where would you really go? Since Destiny, you've traveled to Mercury, Venus, Mars, the Moon etc. Kappa.

Pulling an IRawr and going to work with like 20 mins of sleep. x.x
OH man, good luck. I wouldn't be able to do it. I would fall asleep on the wheel.

I won't even start the 35 prison unless our team has 3+ hours of time to spend and properly prepared to beat it.

So many times played over 2 hours and team just quit on Skolas. All that time wasted(ondestiny.com)

ocean

Banned
I see, thanks. Sounds easy enough then.
You can be extra careful and take some precautions that you usually don't bother with on normal runs, like:

- Flashbang grenades or Saint-14 bubbles when you cross bridge so that you can wield your sword in complete safety
- Being super mindful of the purple farts in the Thrall hallway. Armor of Light bubbles, specially blinding ones, can keep you safe from the farts and any stray Thrall in that hallway.
- don't rush Deathsinger. Her Song lasts 30 seconds and she stops moving during it. It's the perfect time to kill her since you can DPS more easily than when she's moving around. Take the time before the song begins to clean up a bit and kill some Majors. That way you have less threats when killing her. Or, you know, Gjallarhorn/Nighthawk your way through (easy mode :p)

You can be extra careful and take some precautions that you usually don't bother with on normal runs, like:

- Flashbang grenades or Saint-14 bubbles when you cross bridge so that you can wield your sword in complete safety
- Being super mindful of the purple farts in the Thrall hallway. Armor of Light bubbles, specially blinding ones, can keep you safe from the farts and any stray Thrall in that hallway.
- don't rush Deathsinger. Her Song lasts 30 seconds and she stops moving during it. It's the perfect time to kill her since you can DPS more easily than when she's moving around. Take the time before the song begins to clean up a bit and kill some Majors. That way you have less threats when killing her. Or, you know, Gjallarhorn/Nighthawk your way through (easy mode :p)

we 3 manned flawless crota, despawn tower cheese works perfectly and is a low risk way of clearing the bridge.

thrall hallway has to be taken slow or an invisible hunter despawns enemies by sneaking to the checkpoint.

blinding bubble works great in deathsinger to blind the sword knights.

for Crota someone should have dedicated boomerduty to avoid accidental deaths.

Why the hell are all of you awake?

Reading all the crazy detailed Trials stats on Destiny Tracker. I had no idea Rubenov's played more games (1333) than Stabie (1243), xo (1218) and Wicked (1042). Also didn't know xo had logged that many hours in ToO. I'm slacking way behind at 509! I play more PvE than those folks and haven't had as much time recently (although still a ton of time relative to most people), but didn't realize I was that far back, lol.

Also, you remember that iisKampii guy that rekt us and Ruben on Thieves Den? Didn't realize his stats were that ridiculous, he has the 5th most Crucible kills total out of all Playstaion players. Wat.

123rl

I got a beautiful solo kill on her yesterday. I wish I recorded it. My whole team was ready to go after the shriekers went down. Three of them died from the same Knight swing (lol) then the guy in front of me used his bubble. He thought he had St14 on but he didn't. He and another guy died. Now it's just me. Two shots from ballerhorn, I jumped towards her and shot her twice with Felwinters. Then I jumped onto the ledge and rode it out to safety.

Morning DGAF!

super stoked that we got that flawless/clan raid done yesterday, Can't believe slavage is holding me out from my platinum >.<

Then to find out that yeah the husk is actually bugged, what a day yesterday...

Chilled out with some F1 2015 last night, had 8 viewers! Don't know where they all came from, was some good racing going on though!

I've been meaning to make a little Tips post with a video guide for a long time, so all the recent runs have helped nail down any details. I'm trying to go through a bunch of saved Flawless videos to show the do's and don'ts. There are a lot of viable strats and frankly it's such an easy/short flawless raid but personally I don't enjoy cheesing much unless there's a big upside for the team.

-solo'ing the Abyss as a Hunter is insanely easy after you've done it a few times and it saves a lot of time up front. It's easy to have silly deaths from people bouncing off each other falling into the Abyss, or accidentally falling into a hole during the phase. I've done legit flawless Abyss runs but it can waste a lot of time so most groups prefer to solo it.

-cheesing the bridge is very useful IF you have a small fire team (1-4 people). With 5 or especially 6, I highly recommend doing it legit since it's fun and just as quick/easy/safe as cheesing, if not more so. It's good for people to understand this encounter even if it causes maybe 1 wipe to iron out the kinks (another advantage to solo'ing Abyss, you only lose 5-10 minutes for a death here).

-Hallway, Death Singer and Crota do legit. Not a ton to say here right now.

Kyoufu

Thanks for responses. I'm only worried about the Abyss because I've only ever done that part twice so I have no practice and no faith I'd live so a Bladedancer soloing that section would be ideal.

The rest of the raid I've done enough times to be confident at though.

Yep, I'd be down for a flawless CE, if it happens at a time when I can join. :)

For sure! I'll add you to my list of interested parties. Got at least 4 non-Gaffers I just remembered want to do it too.

You know me and my buddy are trying for it (danarchy99 PSN)

I'd be bummed I missed out this weekend but I just got back from weezer

Yes! You were two of the 4+ I mentioned in that post. The list is expanding again, sounds like we have enough for at least another 3 runs with Ruthless and Ocean (thanks guys!) offering to fill a spot as needed. I really need to keep an actual list of interested people saved on my laptop...

Weezer concert sounds awesome! Never had a chance to see them live but always wanted to, sadly don't go to a ton of shows anymore these days but I'd make exceptions for certain bands if the timing and location were right. Someone else said last night that they'd been at that show, can't remember now who it was... Maybe a non-Gaf friend.

Top Bottom