• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT26| Like a Hat

2real4tv

So ... I was thinking of "collecting" complaints about Trials of Osiris and "offer" it to Bungie. Might post it on Reddit for the community managers to see. But when I think about doing it ... I got this feeling that it will be acknowledged and that'll be the end of it.

Had some rough games in Trials. People showing up out of nowhere. Others were sitting in a corner and when trying to shoot them they'd just get up and kill you. Wouldn't take any damage. Which is frustrating, to say the least. If you are 8-0, with no more loss-boons ... you want that 9-0. But when you face a lag-switching team for the second time you just want to smash your controller to bits and smack a Bungie employee across the face. There's NOTHING you can do about it except sit it out. When 3 of your enemies can't be killed and rely on capturing the zones to win you feel like shit.

I'd rather fucking lose 5-4 than come up against a team of cheaters/laggers. There's an increase in these kind of players every week. Has Bungie EVER acknowledged they are doing something about this?

They only thing I noticed so far is that there are far less of these people on PS4 compared to XBONE. I've seen Unstable play with randoms and he barely encounters them. But when looking at XBONE livestreams ... man.

One thing they could do is swap spawns per round. Depending on map I think certain spawns offer better advantages.

I've been meaning to make a little Tips post with a video guide for a long time, so all the recent runs have helped nail down any details. I'm trying to go through a bunch of saved Flawless videos to show the do's and don'ts. There are a lot of viable strats and frankly it's such an easy/short flawless raid but personally I don't enjoy cheesing much unless there's a big upside for the team.

-solo'ing the Abyss as a Hunter is insanely easy after you've done it a few times and it saves a lot of time up front. It's easy to have silly deaths from people bouncing off each other falling into the Abyss, or accidentally falling into a hole during the phase. I've done legit flawless Abyss runs but it can waste a lot of time so most groups prefer to solo it.

-cheesing the bridge is very useful IF you have a small fire team (1-4 people). With 5 or especially 6, I highly recommend doing it legit since it's fun and just as quick/easy/safe as cheesing, if not more so. It's good for people to understand this encounter even if it causes maybe 1 wipe to iron out the kinks (another advantage to solo'ing Abyss, you only lose 5-10 minutes for a death here).

-Hallway, Death Singer and Crota do legit. Not a ton to say here right now.

I'd agree with all of that dude.

Bridge is a fun encounter and not particularly difficult once everyone knows what they're doing. Same goes for the corridor area, even if you don't have bubbles, killing the shriekers and going back through the door at the top of the steps you came through also works as the purple ball of death will explode before it gets to you.

Deathsinger is probably the bit where it's more likely to go wrong as it's easy to get caught with tunnel vision and get swatted by a stray knight if you're in the wrong place.

Crota is easy enough using the central ledge strat, keeping an eye on the boomers on the right and the one that sometimes jumps down.

You already know all of this anyway :p

I tried soloing the abyss with my sunsinger using the 2nd totem, jump over the wall with super trick (But I couldn't get over the wall :p)

Not tried with my hunter yet. With bones of Eao, once I've upgraded them, I'm guessing it would be easy enough to solo the bridge and sit in the wee 'safety crack' on the left?

TheGentleman

Neo Member
I'm in Melbourne :)

Also, SnakeEyes (PSN: Kurt-Niisan) is from NZ as well.

Timezone's aren't too different then which is good, I enjoyed visiting Melbourne when I went earlier this year :)

Nice to see another kiwi that plays destiny is on the forum.

Thanks for explaining! I have a Fatebringer that's at 300 and a non upgraded vision of confluence, That I should probably upgrade soon. Reading up on the Found Verdict and it's usefulness led me to trying to get one earlier today in the vog (no luck :( ),
I'll take your advice and ascend those items first. and I'll look into posting the screen-caps

That's why the feature is there. :p

haha, I guess your right :)

*Congrats to all those that got flawless raider recently!
and with that I'm off for the night, Good night DGAF :)

SnakeEyes

Banned
Shut the door behind you DGAF, we're done here.

WPu14A1.jpg

SkylineRKR

I solo'd the abyss so many times with my Hunter. Its easy with Stalker, escape artist, Shadowjack, lightweight etc.You can also opt for a full STR build with RDM, and Monte Carlo for free blink strikes.

The only hard part is on HM, sometimes the Ogre spawns in my LOS. If he's behind rocks I can easily rocket him before he fires.

Bridge is hard. I tried but I needed a perfect swing to the rocks lately. A lot of invisible walls there. I tend to fuck up against ogres also, there is almost no space.

Timezone's aren't too different then which is good, I enjoyed visiting Melbourne when I went earlier this year :)

Nice to see another kiwi that plays destiny is on the forum
Another Kiwi here (although live in UK)

Would anyone be up for a VoG run tonight UK time? From around 9pm BST (British Summer that's a oxymoron right there!)

D

Doge

Unconfirmed Member
- I stuck at PVP in this game, Trials of Osiris is clearly not for me, and I don't really want to waste anyone's trip that week on this guy ruining everything.

- One guy was a super dick and invited me to his game, then inspected me and booted me from the fire team because I didn't have the weapon he wanted. My profile didn't say I had it.. That was my only real negative experience all week.

Destiny really shines at the end-game, but it feels like something of a members only club when it doesn't need to.

If you want to run Osiris, shoot me a message. I would gladly take you through a passage to the lighthouse. There are some gaffers that can vouch for me.

Homeboyd

Ned, koro, unstable, doge, trance etc... will hopefully be on tonight for a trials run with my new hunter. Have only played 3 crucible games with him since I made him last week. Need that chest at least.

related to the Osiris this week, terrible map, hate that place :p

How do you guys rank the PvP shotguns currently? Felwinter's Lie obviously at first but after that? Meaning if you(i) don't have Felwinter, what should you use?

Matador, Party Crasher, Astral Horizon or Found Verdict?

deafmedal

4 weeks 4 days 15 hours 32 minutes 44 seconds or like 783 hours o_0
Getting near my ME3 MP time (my most played MP, and possibly any, game).

Definitely the most PvP I've played...
BTW, Bungie's website and my computer don't like one another. Constant rainbow beach balls of doom causing fans to kick on and such. Must be Safari :S

Kyoufu

How do you guys rank the PvP shotguns currently? Felwinter's Lie obviously at first but after that? Meaning if you(i) don't have Felwinter, what should you use?

I don't have a Felwinter but out of the others, Matador is my favourite. Don't need Auto Fire for PVP as it should only take one shot to down an enemy.

Gong

Damn Gong, you even beat my playtime with 4 days XD

I think I spent half that time re-rolling weapons ;-)

Is anyone else experiencing a problem where a Gold Chest is glitched for them? The second one on Mars (just down from the first one where you start on patrol) just won't appear either in a mission or patrol on any of my characters. Stuck on 19/20 and I can't find a solution on Google but there's lots of folks who are in a similar situation to myself.

Greddleok

I want to get back into Destiny. I played a little of the first and second expansion. Is it all PvP focussed now, because I'm awful at PvP?

doomquake

I want to get back into Destiny. I played a little of the first and second expansion. Is it all PvP focussed now, because I'm awful at PvP?

its very pvp focused indeed..but i wouldnt say ALL focused. Dragon strike playlist is still..OK.
It's not like PVP has a lot more variety than replaying the same PVE content all the time.
Drops are pretty much the same - if not better.

ocean

Banned

Matador 64 is better than Felwinter's and actually the best shotgun in the game right now. Or at least in a way it is. Like Felwinter's, it fires super slowly. But with the right perks (Aggressive Ballistics, Shot Package, Rifled/Reinforced Barrel) it's got the highest possible impact and range on a shotgun, meaning one-shot kills are guaranteed.

Party Crasher +1 has less impact but higher RoF. Slightly worse than Matador or Felwinter's for 1v1 at bullshit range, but firing more quickly makes a Double Kill a lot easier if two targets are next to each other.

Anyways, if you have a Matador there's no reason to use your Felwinter's since Matador is just better.

nOoblet16

One thing people forget and don't think about when going for flawless, rockets and grenades are deadly...for you. And as such do not use rockets until Crota, especially proximity detonation rockets like Gjallarhorn. And use grenades carefully, those tripmines can easily make the flawless run fail.

Greddleok

its very pvp focused indeed..but i wouldnt say ALL focused. Dragon strike playlist is still..OK.
It's not like PVP has a lot more variety than replaying the same PVE content all the time.
Drops are pretty much the same - if not better.

It's more the fact that if I don't play for months, come back and jump into PvP, I know I'm going to be punished. Which'll probably just make me stop playing.

nOoblet16

3 weeks 22 hours 42 minutes 25 second....since January

does it take the deleted time mentioned in that into account while calculating total time or is that separate ?

doomquake

It's more the fact that if I don't play for months, come back and jump into PvP, I know I'm going to be punished. Which'll probably just make me stop playing.

i got a gallahorn from sucking really hard at skirmish when i was checking what the gametype even was. That was funny - even have the footage heh.

But even so, i wouldn't be interested in playing pvp if i wasn't able to wipe the floor with thorn noobs. Just play control and remember that everyone is using blink, shotguns, thorns, last word, pulse rifles nowadays.

* oh yeah, there is also an Inferno Mode every week now - a random gametype has no radar. Its pretty great because everyone keeps their distance and you can bust out your scout rifle and destroy.

Morning DGAF.

Looks like I need to hope on this flawless train sometime! Hunting down all those ghosts sounds like a chore...

I went to Mercury twice over the weekend. Got an arc messenger and a good one. Also got all my gold packages.

I also finished up a second cipher and got the queen breakers bow. It feels like a niche "fun" weapon. Am I wrong?

Waldini

Man. I've gotta give my Warlock some love tonight.

He has no gear. Unleveled Exotics waiting to be used ... damn. Picked up a 155+ INT chest from VoG yesterday. Gotta level that bad-boy up asap. Same goes for the VoG Helm. Thinking of just "VoG-ing" up my Warlock and swap out certain gear pieces for Exotics. But there isn't much of an Exotic which is worth using. Except for the quick-res helm ... right?

Anyone care to give me some good/great Warlock combinations?

EDIT
It's been said numerous times here that Fig is, indeed, a girl. But when I was watching Unstables stream and hear her talk I was like ... WTF. Is that a girl? My mind was full of fuck. Might be me ... but I get confused everytime I hear a girl gamer.

Namikaze1

Looks like I just need Skirmish, Salvage, Rumble, Pulse Rifles, and Side arms to max out grimoire. I can do 4 easily. Rumble on the other hand can fuck off.

Top Bottom