• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT26| Like a Hat

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Does anyone know what armor slot Variks will be selling tomorrow?

Kyoufu

Man. I've gotta give my Warlock some love tonight.

He has no gear. Unleveled Exotics waiting to be used ... damn. Picked up a 155+ INT chest from VoG yesterday. Gotta level that bad-boy up asap. Same goes for the VoG Helm. Thinking of just "VoG-ing" up my Warlock and swap out certain gear pieces for Exotics. But there isn't much of an Exotic which is worth using. Except for the quick-res helm ... right?

Anyone care to give me some good/great Warlock combinations?

EDIT
It's been said numerous times here that Fig is, indeed, a girl. But when I was watching Unstables stream and hear her talk I was like ... WTF. Is that a girl? My mind was full of fuck. Might be me ... but I get confused everytime I hear a girl gamer.

wat

Lnkn52

EDIT
It's been said numerous times here that Fig is, indeed, a girl. But when I was watching Unstables stream and hear her talk I was like ... WTF. Is that a girl? My mind was full of fuck. Might be me ... but I get confused everytime I hear a girl gamer.

Some of the better Destiny players here are women, so don't be alarmed when you hear more of them.

hiryu

Destiny LFG makes me sad.

I use it all the time and I've only ever had one bad group. Two kids kicked me from a PoE as soon as we killed the last boss but before we got loot.

If I get in a group and I hear annoying or racist chat I just leave. Problem solved.

Waldini

I don't really know what to say to that.

Didn't mean it as an insult Fig :eek: Sorry.

But it was mind boggling to see you wreck shit in Trials. I don't know many gaming girls though. I've met most of them when I was still playing COD. They weren't great.

To see a girl doing THAT good in PvP is just a confirmation that woman are not to be messed with.

... forgive my poor English. Sometimes I have a hard time finding the right words to actually say what I mean. I'm Dutch.

Lnkn52

I don't really know what to say to that.

tumblr_mc0rt4dQq21qa70eyo5_500.gif

I won't even post my time wasted...

Don't worry when that link was posted, I looked you up first. ;)

Btw, my buddy and I are traveling to Australia next April! Melbourne is one city we will definetly visit. We just booked our flights yesterday. Yah very early but we wanted to get cheaper flights. I will be asking you and some of the other AUS guardians here what are some cool places to visit.

Also I really I hope to avoid those huge ass spiders you guys love over there... :-/

It's one of them new age pick up lines fig :p

lol I guess I'm getting old
Didn't mean it as an insult Fig :eek: Sorry.

But it was mind boggling to see you wreck shit in Trials. I don't know many gaming girls though. I've met most of them when I was still playing COD. They weren't great.

To see a girl doing THAT good in PvP is just a confirmation that woman are not to be messed with.

... forgive my poor English. Sometimes I have a hard time finding the right words to actually say what I mean. I'm Dutch.

Alright, it's all good. I'm glad I've made you realise women are just as capable as men at pressing buttons. ;)
You missed the time spent on my deleted hunter...

I didn't, that's with it added on. Not only can I PvP, I can do maths too. :p

ocean

Banned
But there isn't much of an Exotic which is worth using. Except for the quick-res helm ... right?
Warlocks probably have the bext Exotics in the game.

The Ram makes you a super tank capable of surviving shoulder charge, Thorn double tap, 2 body shots from a low impact sniper, 4 TLW body shots...it's insane. Nothing Manacles make your Scatter grenades turn into mini Gjallarhorns. Voidfang Vestments lets you spawn with buffed Axion Bolt (so, so good). Claws give you double melee charge...and you know those melees are OP (crazy range + buff you on hit, not on kill). With Praxic Fire and a Discipline build you can literally chuck a dozen grenades as fast as the animation speed will let you. Coupled with Firebolts and Viking Funeral you can burn entire teams to death easily. Obsidian Mind is amazing for quick Nova Bomb madness; excellent synergy with Bad Juju.

Definity

I'm a little over 3 weeks play time according to that site. Getting real close to my diablo 3 play time. TTK will push me past that very easily though.

Waldini

The Ram makes you a super tank capable of surviving shoulder charge, Thorn double tap, 2 body shots from a low impact sniper, 4 TLW body shots...it's insane. Nothing Manacles make your Scatter grenades turn into mini Gjallarhorns. Voidfang Vestments lets you spawn with buffed Axion Bolt (so, so good). Claws give you double melee charge...and you know those melees are OP (crazy range + buff you on hit, not on kill). With Praxic Fire and a Discipline build you can literally chuck a dozen grenades as fast as the animation speed will let you. Coupled with Firebolts and Viking Funeral you can burn entire teams to death easily. Obsidian Mind is amazing for quick Nova Bomb madness; excellent synergy with Bad Juju.

Thanks ocean!

Just realised I'm missing the Nothing Menacles :eek: Have everything else un-upgraded in my Vault. I hate the fact that Exotics take so goddamn long to level :(

deafmedal

She's a female Prothean.

I don't remember if Protheans have a gender, it's been so long...
Protheans had gender but Asari don't... and they like to mind fuck Demolition Man style. Fucking pervs *rolls eyes*
Always go for the massage:p

Ikkarus

Thanks ocean!

Just realised I'm missing the Nothing Menacles :eek: Have everything else un-upgraded in my Vault. I hate the fact that Exotics take so goddamn long to level :(
The HoW exotics don't take too long to level up but the ones before that can take a while.

I would definitely prioritise levelling up the ram first though as it fits both Sunsinger and Voidwalker not to mention it's arguably the best exotic armor in the game.

Don't worry when that link was posted, I looked you up first. ;)

Btw, my buddy and I are traveling to Australia next April! Melbourne is one city we will definetly visit. We just booked our flights yesterday. Yah very early but we wanted to get cheaper flights. I will be asking you and some of the other AUS guardians here what are some cool places to visit.

Also I really I hope to avoid those huge ass spiders you guys love over there... :-/

That's great, happy to help you out in anyway I can, and looking forward to meeting up.

lol I guess I'm getting old

Alright, it's all good. I'm glad I've made you realise women are just as capable as men at pressing buttons. ;)

I didn't, that's with it added on. Not only can I PvP, I can do maths too. :p

Smart and deadly. Good to know :p

Because we are the master race :)

Namikaze1

I'm stopping once I get rank 2. Then return several hours later to get the rest for rank 3.

Then Wednesday for the last 5000 I need for pulse rifles.

deafmedal

Thanks ocean!

Exotic armor levels fairly quick, like a day and a half or two of bounties with the NF boost. Warlock gear has many good perks, partial to Claws myself- double 'nades and Scorch? Yes please :)

Kyoufu

I've been down on Praxic Fire lately. It only grants one extra nade with a max Discipline, Radiant Will and Gift of the Sun build I think, so I've been using The Ram for that extra health.

Am I doing it wrong?

Got an opportunity to run my first hard mode VoG with some people from the 100; I had some of the best luck I've ever had in Destiny and exactly none of it was deserved.

We made it to the Templar with reasonably little issue, but we lost our sixth guy, so we had to sort of bum around until someone joined in, at which point I got a call from a family member. Like the stellar raid group member that I am, I told everyone that I had to bail for a bit and hid up top while my team killed the Templar. Turns out when I got back, the Templar was dead and I had a shiny new Fatebringer in my inventory.

If this wasn't enough, when I joined everyone up at the exotic chest, well, this guy showed up:

kmB97AR.png

Needless to say, my group wasn't especially fond of me.

It was a really great experience though, all told. Everyone was super fun to play with, and we had a lot of fun just taking our time through the raid. Definitely still the absolute best thing in Destiny.

ocean

Banned
I've been down on Praxic Fire lately. It only grants one extra nade with a max Discipline, Radiant Will and Gift of the Sun build I think, so I've been using The Ram for that extra health.

Am I doing it wrong?
I only use Praxic during Solar Burn to maximize DPS. Amazing the damage you can do with a dozen grenades. Also, drop Gift for PvP. You really want Touch of Flame + Viking Funeral. Long lasting burn will either kill or leave them shield less for a long time, so it's an easy kill or assist later.

Top Bottom