• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT26| Like a Hat

Kydd BlaZe

How long did you guys date?
Almost a year and a half. I knew that once Destiny came out, it'd be a bit of a poison pill. I saw myself sinking further and further into oblivion...withdrawing from her and the rest of my friends. All i cared about was chasing these fucking exotics and grinding rep, etc etc. Fell into an absolute sinkhole and neglected everyone and everything else around me.

Kyoufu

This fucking game has DESTROYED my relationship :(

My girlfriend just broke up with me, and all I can do is sit here and think about all the times I've shut her off and ignored her because I was too busy raiding and running Iron Banner/ToO...smh

Fucking Destiny, man. Really wish I could've found some type of balance.

Well I guess I'll get to spend even more time with Destiny. Just in time for TTK! Yay! :(

Fucking pitiful...

I guess she just wasn't your...

*pushes up sunglasses*

...Destiny

spyder_ur

3 weeks, 3 days, 7 hours and 16 mins across 3 characters for me. Yet I still can't consistently be good at PvP in this game :( My apologies to MostWantedZero and Macello for my dismal performance (and waste of your time) in Trials yesterday. Can't even get 5 fucking wins so I can get a chest piece. :/

Anyone want to carry me tonight?

I was looking for you this weekend but must've missed you. If you don't find that carry, I'd play a bit, but won't be on till around 9:15 EST.

Lnkn52

Almost a year and a half. I knew that once Destiny came out, it'd be a bit of a poison pill. I saw myself sinking further and further into oblivion...withdrawing from her and the rest of my friends. All i cared about was chasing these fucking exotics and grinding rep, etc etc. Fell into an absolute sinkhole and neglected everyone and everything else around me.

Always refreshing the board and looking at people get all the good loot doesn't help either. I would suggest giving us a break too if you really want to break the itch.

If you'd rather play Destiny than split time evenly between the game and your gf then maybe she wasn't really the right person for you.

Either way, hope it works out for ya dude.

Dave_6

I was looking for you this weekend but must've missed you. If you don't find that carry, I'd play a bit, but won't be on till around 9:15 EST.

I saw you on Saturday but you were playing with Haybro and GRIP. I just did a little crucible and some Dragon strikes, but my Trials attempt yesterday was one of those "I need to stop playing this game" moments. That time slot is fine though, I may be on trying to finish leveling up a couple of weapons.

ethomaz

Banned
Oh shit, that's a while lol.
Yeap but it was my fault to be fair... I was too irritated to care and got my head on Destiny to forget things.

So it was not the gaming fault but how I used it.

I grew up a lot due this relationship to be fair... it was good for me... we two are good people so the break up was good for us.

All I can say she was really important to me even after the end of relationship... I'm a better guy today with my new GFs due what happened to us.

That was since day 1. I think someone already created a Destiny Anonymous.
Yes... I remember a lot of guys having issues with GF and wifes due Destiny in the first OTs lol

todd360

You up for Trials later on in the evening?

I already went to mercury twice this week and I have everything I could ever want from that chest now. So I should probably take a break.

Maybe I'll go get one these relationships instead. How does one do that?

Kurumi

I guess she just wasn't your...

*pushes up sunglasses*

...Destiny

60355-Mary-Poppins-claps-gif-7MLU.gif

Waldini

... there's more important things in life then chasing "Exotics" or "grinding". What you have is an addiction.

Hard to feel sorry for someone when the reason for the brake-up is something you caused. Never neglect your social life. Never.

Kydd BlaZe

If you'd rather play Destiny than split time evenly between the game and your gf then maybe she wasn't really the right person for you.

Either way, hope it works out for ya dude.
Yeah it's just one of those situations where you don't know what you've got until it's gone.

Hindsight is always 20/20.

But anyway, I don't want to continue to derail. Carry on guys...

... there's more important things in life then chasing "Exotics" or "grinding". What you have is an addiction.

Hard to feel sorry for someone when the reason for the brake-up is something you caused.

Exactly.

Namikaze1

I'm glad my GF plays games as much as I do, if not more so. I lost her to Final Fantasy 14. That's all she's been playing for the past 3 and a half months. When we're not watching True Detective, some random movie, discussing One Piece, or making crappy jokes, she's on her PC playing that game. She already warned me ahead of time that I wont see her for a long time once Fallout comes out. I told her the same for Taken King.

I'm on a beach at the start of my 2 week annual vacation and besides enjoying the sun, sea air and rest, I'm still thinking about playing Destiny. I've accepted a long time ago that I have a problem...

Since you're all checking time spent decided to check too:

Sleepy Buddha

3 weeks 4 days 21 hours 5 minutes 24 seconds

Deleted: 10 hours 26 minutes 27 seconds

This is counting the almost 3 months of inactivity since late January to late April and the fact I spend most of my days working. It's not my favourite game, yet it's surely the one I played the most.

I have no idea what deleted is... Don't remember ever deleting a character. Could it be a character from the Alpha? I played the Alpha but not the Beta since I was also on vacation during the Beta period.

I brought my PS4 with me. Need to check if my cell connection allows me to have a good few sessions. Yep, I have a problem...

ethomaz

Banned
I'm glad my GF plays games as much as I do, if not more so. I lost her to Final Fantasy 14. That's all she's been playing for the past 3 and a half months. When we're not watching True Detective, some random movie, discussing One Piece, or making crappy jokes, she's on her PC playing that game. She already warned me ahead of time that I wont see her for a long time once Fallout comes out. I told her the same for Taken King.
Your lucky bastard.

Get out from here :p

piratethingy

Self professed bad raider

I've still yet to find a girl I'm remotely attracted to that likes videogames. Someday :(

ich00

Ok, so it's vault clearing out time.

What are some must keep / have legandary primaries from HoW? I have a lot of the new guns a lot seem similar.

Are any of the Queen / PoE weapons worth keeping besides my Her Benevolence?

Waldini

Heh. Nice. My wife and I always played Minecraft on X360. Mostly for hours.

... then kids happened.

... and she doesn't like Destiny :p She thinks its way too spacey.

The wife on Warlocks : "Did your character just pull a giant Purple Ball from his ass?"
The wife on Titans : "Pffff! Marvel wants a word with you Thor-man".
The wife on Hunters : "... A throwing knife when you carry a big gun?"

Anyone discussing the fact that new Vault armor has been discovered with a reforge perk?

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyThe...e_should_be_a_takenified_vog_raid_difficulty/

The "new" Vault armor is actually pretty "old". Hard mode was supposed to give you the armor shown in that picture. Whereas the normal "copper" colored armor was for Normal. It's a shame. Would've loved to have two sets of VoG armor.

Lnkn52

4bTBShI.jpg

I honestly dont know how I've managed to pull this off while being married with 2 kids :D

Dads of DGAF, be inspired!

I honestly don't know how you do it. You must throw diamonds at your wife for her not to enrage. Or it must be those Destiny apparels you've been buying her...

Heh. Nice. My wife and I always played Minecraft on X360. Mostly for hours.

... then kids happened.

... and she doesn't like Destiny :p She thinks its way too spacey.

The wife on Warlocks : "Did your character just pull a giant Purple Ball from his ass?"
The wife on Titans : "Pffff! Marvel wants a word with you Thor-man".
The wife on Hunters : "... A throwing knife when you carry a big gun?"

Well they are sorta valid points

ich00

6b35pd7.jpg

I honestly dont know how I've managed to pull this off while being married with 2 kids :D

Dads of DGAF, be inspired!

I'm in the same boat (1 kid tho) with a similar playtime. My secret is playing after everyone is asleep. Keeps the wife happy and keeps my destiny addiction going. Also helps I don't usually require much sleep.

kiguel182

If you are playing the game to a point where you are neglecting your relationship then you really should just stop. It's not healthy at all. It's an addiction.

Namikaze1

I should finish this side arm grimoire now. Gonna dismantle Vestian Dysnaty once I'm done.

Its not all so great. She forced him to jump out of an airplane. Nami is a delicate flower. You can't just push him out of airplanes like that.
What a great day that was. /s

Never again. You would see me streaking all over my hometown before you see me jump off a plane again.

I've still yet to find a girl I'm remotely attracted to that likes videogames. Someday :(
My previous girlfriend hated games. I guess that's why she cheated on me. :/

The "new" Vault armor is actually pretty "old". Hard mode was supposed to give you the armor shown in that picture. Whereas the normal "copper" colored armor was for Normal. It's a shame. Would've loved to have two sets of VoG armor.
Right, I've known about the blue set for a while, but there's a reforge option there and it has the new "lower" intellect/disc/strength values that are apparently percentage increases.

EL CUCO

I honestly don't know how you do it. You must throw diamonds at your wife for her not to enrage. Or it must be those Destiny apparels you've been buying her...
Lots of multitasking at times. The only bad thing I guess, is that I can't always join parties when invited because my house can get kinda loud.
I'm in the same boat (1 kid tho) with a similar playtime. My secret is playing after everyone is asleep. Keeps the wife happy and keeps my destiny addiction going. Also helps I don't usually require much sleep.
This. Coffee doesn't hurt either :)

phen0m24

Hard to feel sorry for someone when the reason for the brake-up is something you caused. Never neglect your social life. Never.

Gotta be honest here and agree. I'm addicted to the loot mechanics but also to the "I want to help out my peeps" idea. Guys I got divorced 2 years ago and while the cause was not strictly gaming related, I think that so much of our (and when I say our I mean all of us), focus on the game as our sole leisure activity really can derail a lot of relationships. I struggle with balancing and almost feel like life "owes" me Destiny time when I get home. But life doesn't work that way. If you don't tend to your relationship it will shrivel - and your spouse will be there to talk to when you get older - games will fade away. Be careful! I'm trying not to let gaming replace super important family time now with my kids.

Playing with Rubenov and Wicked last night didn't help my sorry ass >.<

I was totally off the boil.

I too suffer from boat-anchoritis. ;)

I'm kinda getting my gf into games. So far Clash of Clans is where she's at but its better than nothing I guess!

Once we move in together hopefully she'll be up for having like a gaming night together or something. I dunno.

Yes... I'm online right now.

Sweet.

One more for ToO Mercury run
hopefully

Waldini

Right, I've known about the blue set for a while, but there's a reforge option there and it has the new "lower" intellect/disc/strength values that are apparently percentage increases.

Said screenshot came from a Vid-Doc I believe. There has been no official confirmation (nor other screenshots depicting other pieces of armor) that there was ever going to be a new set. I love the "blue" look though. Wonder why Bungie deciced to cut it.

Top Bottom