• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT26| Like a Hat

Never again. You would see me streaking all over my hometown before you see me jump off a plane again.
Did you hate it from the moment you jumped out til you landed? I've always wanted to go skydiving but my gf is afraid of heights. It looks fun as hell to just free fall out of a plane.

Oh my god.

NCVlxM4.png

Good thing I'm taking a break till TKK. My Destiny addiction is pretty much gone.
I think we have a winner for the most time spent on this game. Good lord man.

You're at 1400+ hours.

Did you hate it from the moment you jumped out til you landed? I've always wanted to go skydiving but my gf is afraid of heights. It looks fun as hell to just free fall out of a plane.

I think we have a winner for the most time spent on this game. Good lord man.

You're at 1400+ hours.

Skydiving was one of the best things I've ever done! It was way too fun. If I do it a 2nd time, I'd do it somewhere that has beautiful scenery.

purg3

slept with Malkin
I need to teach my GF how to buy stuff from Xur when I'm gone, one day he's going to sell Gjallahorn and I'm going to be halfway across the country.

They should just make it so you can buy stuff from the vendors through the Destiny app.

Currently at
2 weeks 3 days 5 hours 25 minutes 36 seconds
Deleted: 17 hours 23 minutes 53 seconds

Probably would be a bit higher, but I took a break after CE hard clears up until HoW. Didn't touch it at all for a couple of months. Now I'm hooked again and leveled a Hunter yesterday from 1-26...

ethomaz

Banned
I need to teach my GF how to buy stuff from Xur when I'm gone, one day he's going to sell Gjallahorn and I'm going to be halfway across the country.
I can feel you :( I missed TLW first time because I was out and when I tried to make my friend to use my PS4 to buy it to me Destiny servers was in maintenance.

Thanks I got TLW from a drop two weeks late.

Namikaze1

I got on the plane with a false sense of bravado. As soon as the hatch opened, I was nope'ing the fuck out.

They should just make it so you can buy stuff from the vendors through the Destiny app.

I go back and forth on this. They should but shouldn't. It defeats the purpose of Xur being in a random area. But yea, I had to have a friend login and buy something for me once. There are options. Check on your app and then have someone you trust login and buy. DGaffers have asked each other in the past.

lt519

Yeah, that would help. I brought my Vita with me but in the past on hotel Wi-Fi I can barely get to the tower before it disconnects, not worth the trouble.

todd360

We should totally start a yearly destinycon once we either

A - get a expansion that adds custom games

or

B - get Destiny 2 with custom games.

It would be amazing. We could rent out a place for the day and set up a destiny party! It would get big after our first year too. Bungie would support it and send deej to cut our cake with a katana.

Ryck

Where does it show your time? Ive always used destiny tracker.

The wife mentioned again last night that she "dislikes Destiny" because I spend too much time on it. Ive actually had the thought in my head that if she left id have more time to play, kinda sad. Game is pure evil only people who know, can understand the pull it can have. Never been addicted to a game quite like this. My dad is a compulsive gambler so I knew the impulse was there. Thankfully I hate losing money.

I've barely played Trials this weekend because family stuff, and I need a session tonight

or

It would be amazing. We could rent out a place for the day and set up a destiny party! It would get big after our first year too. Bungie would support it and send deej to cut our cake with a katana.

CUSTOM GAMES, YES PLZ

Where does it show your time? Ive always used destiny tracker.

The wife mentioned again last night that she "dislikes Destiny" because I spend too much time on it. Ive actually had the thought in my head that if she left id have more time to play, kinda sad. Game is pure evil only people who know, can understand the pull it can have. Never been addicted to a game quite like this. My dad is a compulsive gambler so I knew the impulse was there. Thankfully I hate losing money.

WasteOnDestiny.com

PuMa

or

Oh my....DestinyCON?!?! 10/10 would attend.

Gala

I'm glad my GF plays games as much as I do, if not more so. I lost her to Final Fantasy 14. That's all she's been playing for the past 3 and a half months. When we're not watching True Detective, some random movie, discussing One Piece, or making crappy jokes, she's on her PC playing that game. She already warned me ahead of time that I wont see her for a long time once Fallout comes out. I told her the same for Taken King.

Mary her in FF14 asap!

RemiLP

This fucking game has DESTROYED my relationship :(

My girlfriend just broke up with me, and all I can do is sit here and think about all the times I've shut her off and ignored her because I was too busy raiding and running Iron Banner/ToO...smh

Fucking Destiny, man. Really wish I could've found some type of balance.

Well I guess I'll get to spend even more time with Destiny. Just in time for TTK! Yay! :(

Fucking pitiful...

Been there done that. Games like this is really dangerous. You just keep playing and playing...

In a previous mmo i played, i was really addicted. Played all the time. I probably had close to a year of play time. Some of my clan mates had almost 3 full years.

Iv been able to controll destiny much better tho, and almost havnt played at all for a month now.

Playing too much is not healthy.

DNAbro

qVhd3kd.png

heh 420

i wonder how much of that time was just sitting in orbit cause sometimes i would leave it on while doing other things

Kyoufu

Need to do Crota HM x3 today before reset.

I'd really like to get Necrochasm before TTK so I can be ready for it to be ascended into god-tier Exotic status.

1. If you've never completed Normal VoG you can't save a checkpoint on Heroic. The way checkpoints work is if you join someone at a certain part of the Raid and you wipe there, you have the checkpoint too.
2. Checkpoints are overwritten whenever you reach a new one, or if you join a team that's further along.
3. Normal and Heroic checkpoints are separate.

Ah thanks that's why I couldn't get that HM checkpoint I guess. Since I've never finished VoG.

Agent

zWgb48W.jpg

Welp, that is kind of depressing. I think it may be time to delete the game when I get home from work and take a long break. The last few weeks have been a bit rough for me anyway as far as getting into groups to do anything so maybe it is good timing.

who am i kidding, no way i'll be able to delete and stop playing

LTWood12

LMAO, you cut off too soon. He was hitting maximum you know what.

I know it! I'm so mad at myself. Also, that's actually me making the o-face sound. I had texted him earlier in the day and told him "Today is the day you get your Hawkmoon." I was just so happy for him.

I'll try and get him to post the video from his POV.

Top Bottom