• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT26| Like a Hat

todd360

Oh my....DestinyCON?!?! 10/10 would attend.

It would be amazing. We just need the ability to have local crucible matches first.

It would be for all lovers of Destiny. It would be a destinygaf meet up at the same time. I assume the destiny reddit would love to attend as well. I wonder what city would be best to have this in? I wonder how much money we would need to save up to even rent a place to do it. We would have to set it up months on advance as well so people would have time to get time off and plane tickets and all that.

We could do a live mythocast recording. We could have destiny cosplay. We could have destiny merch. There would be a panels. It would be truly amazing. We would even have a table for deej to sit at and sign stuff plus shake our hands.

I think Custom games would do nothing but help. Didn't Halo Custom games basically create the goal game with the hammer?

I think our community could come up with pretty awesome Custom games. We'd forget about PvE entirely! haha

LTWood12

It would be amazing. We just need the ability to have local crucible matches first.

It would be for all lovers of Destiny. It would be a destinygaf meet up at the same time. I assume the destiny reddit would love to attend as well. I wonder what city would be best to have this in? I wonder how much money we would need to save up to even rent a place to do it. We would have to set it up months on advance as well so people would have time to get time off and plane tickets and all that.

We could do a live mythocast recording. We could have destiny cosplay. We could have destiny merch. There would be a panels. It would be truly amazing. We would even have a table for deej to sit at and sign stuff plus shake our hands.

Use your Kotaku connections and make it so Todd.

Kyoufu

I feel like this is what Bungie Day should be.

stlobus

Time in game: 3 days 7 hours 19 minutes 47 seconds

Just went from 13 to 31 on my Hunter yesterday thanks to some saved legendaries and and an exotic. Now that I've got all 3 classes up to at least 28, I'm finally starting to see how deep the Destiny rabbit hole goes. I'd never realized just how much synergy there was between the different classes, and how much an exotic really does change your build and play style. I'm starting to realize how much of a noob I am the more I read up.

GutZ31

Time in game: 3 days 7 hours 19 minutes 47 seconds

Just went from 13 to 31 on my Hunter yesterday thanks to some saved legendaries and and an exotic. Now that I've got all 3 classes up to at least 28, I'm finally starting to see how deep the Destiny rabbit hole goes. I'd never realized just how much synergy there was between the different classes, and how much an exotic really does change your build and play style. I'm starting to realize how much of a noob I am the more I read up.

Not all Exotic Armors are created equal, and should all be leveled for testing purposes before judgment.

Whats the deal with Dry Rot? Is it worth grinding strikes for?
Its pretty nice as a fast fire rate shotty.
Good for those times you are going to be up in somethings face and just want to unload a full clip of hurt in record time.
Try to get full auto perk for it for a slight boost to fire rate, and its pretty crazy.

Here's a random mode that I created with my weird brain just now when the term Custom Games came up:

You join this mode on a fireteam.
Based on the make-up of your team (Titan/Warlock/Hunter), You all start in a room with a puzzle. You have your supers ready off the bat. The first objective is to get out as fast as you can. The first team to get out wins that round. (of course this would imply destructable environments, or just have new assets that are breakable in an all or nothing way).

2nd round, each fireteam is facing a group of enemies. The more you kill and the faster you kill, it makes it harder for the other team. Killing the VIPs makes it worse. Kind of like Puzzle Fighter.

Final round, elimination.

I don't know. I would just love something where you solve some kind of puzzle together against another team. It's not really Destiny but I always have random thoughts haha.

EL CUCO

I'm going on a 7 day cruise in 2 weeks to the Western Caribbean. Actually debating on bringing my PS4...the addiction is real.

I might have to sneak it in the luggage tho ;)

We should totally start a yearly destinycon once we either

A - get a expansion that adds custom games

or

B - get Destiny 2 with custom games.

It would be amazing. We could rent out a place for the day and set up a destiny party! It would get big after our first year too. Bungie would support it and send deej to cut our cake with a katana.

I still like the idea I floated about an in game group pic of DGAF with their mains in the tower, although it would take a lot of skill with photoshopping and positioning of screenshots to put together.

GutZ31

Here's a random mode that I created with my weird brain just now when the term Custom Games came up:

You join this mode on a fireteam.
Based on the make-up of your team (Titan/Warlock/Hunter), You all start in a room with a puzzle. You have your supers ready off the bat. The first objective is to get out as fast as you can. The first team to get out wins that round. (of course this would imply destructable environments, or just have new assets that are breakable in an all or nothing way).

2nd round, each fireteam is facing a group of enemies. The more you kill and the faster you kill, it makes it harder for the other team. Killing the VIPs makes it worse. Kind of like Puzzle Fighter.

Final round, elimination.

I don't know. I would just love something where you solve some kind of puzzle together against another team. It's not really Destiny but I always have random thoughts haha.

Don't go pulling on my heart strings.
Puzzle Fighter is a way of life :(

I like the idea btw

Lnkn52

I'm going on a 7 day cruise in 2 weeks to the Western Caribbean. Actually debating on bringing my PS4...the addiction is real.

Those internet connections are uber expensive. I believe on the Disney Cruise it was $80 per gig.

hahahaha y'all all crack me up with this! Buddha is on a beach and wanting to, also.

I'll be in Hawaii when TTK releases and I'm debating on bringing my Vita, damnit!!

btkadams

Ugh I just realized I had two swordbreakers a while back and dismantled both due to space and not having an interest in shotguns... Now I find out shotguns are really valuable and I don't have it anymore :( was the swordbreaker really good?

GutZ31

You should do it, because if you get quarantined for sickness, you are going to be stuck in a room for quite a while.

DNAbro

i don't think you are going to be able to connect to the internet though if you are a serious.

Don't go pulling on my heart strings.
Puzzle Fighter is a way of life :(

I like the idea btw

Hahaha I loved Puzzle Fighter as well! I always wanted to incorporate that gametype somehow

You should do it, because if you get quarantined for sickness, you are going to be stuck in a room for quite a while.

Hahaha, that is true! Sold, bringing my Vita on Vacation. Wait, that should be a no-brainer. If the airplane has wifi, that'll be perfect!

What's the best way to farm weapon parts? ROC strikes?

The fastest / most efficient way is to do the following, courtesy of Zoba:

1) Get 7 Wins in Trials of Osiris (or 5 with the first free win and getting a win with the double-win buff)
2) Buy the ToO weapon from BroVance and dismantle. Repeat until no glimmer
3) Farm Gatekeepers for Glimmer, preferably with 3+ people. The more, the better.
4) Repeat steps 2 and 3 as needed.

I wonder how long Trials will be fun for most people. I've been seeing a trend in the past few weeks that seems to have gotten bigger lately. Most of the fortunate players have obtained everything they've needed from Mercury and a decent amount don't really care to play Trials anymore.

Is Trials going to continue when TTK comes out? If so, will the rewards change then? I hope so.

I think PvP / Trials will be super crazy when the new subclasses come out. I can't wait!

Lnkn52

This Friday. Believe.

1423593493-rick-james.gif

Ugh I just realized I had two swordbreakers a while back and dismantled both due to space and not having an interest in shotguns... Now I find out shotguns are really valuable and I don't have it anymore :( was the swordbreaker really good?

Its one of my favorite PvE weapons. It makes quick work of anything with a void shield, like pesky Minotaurs. Not sure how viable it is for PvP though.

I wonder if the Xur weapon fiasco will help us in the future with Bungie/Activision reaching an agreement with Sony/MS in being able to throw in a patch or update on the fly? Assuming that's the problem since they have to go through console laws, unlike PC.

SaganIsGOAT

I'm level 26 defender Titan. Is it possible for helm of Saint 14 to drop for me in the strike playlist? Or should I place my bets on nightfall when I am high enough level?

LTWood12

I'm level 26 defender Titan. Is it possible for helm of Saint 14 to drop for me in the strike playlist? Or should I place my bets on nightfall when I am high enough level?

The helmet itself won't drop, but legendary helmet engrams drop, and one of those could decrypt to a Saint-14. Your best bet is saving up strange coins so you can buy it next time xur sells it. Motes of light too for when he has helmet engrams. It can drop from a Nightfall too.

Honestly I'd save up motes and Strange coins. If Xur has helm engrams, motes to gamble for it. Otherwise, always have at least 13 strange coins for when Xur sells it! It's probably really really rare for an exotic to drop on a Roc strike. Edit: yea a legendary helm engram would need to drop and that's fairly rare.

Otherwise, Nightfall so far is your next best bet. I think PoE chest might be able to as well but that's also a bigger exotic loot table like Nightfall since it includes weapons. You can do PoE28 for that. But, Nightfall is L32 so you can't do that yet assuming your only char is L26

I can stay away from Destiny just fine. I just can't stay away from DGAF. You guys are awesome and it's what keeps me coming back to this game.
Anyway, last week I only played on tuesday and did a few bounties on saturday. No trials.

On the other hand I've platinum'ed Infamous First Light (PS4), Danganronpa (PSV) and got 100% on Infamous Festival of Blood (PS3).
This week I wanna platinum Transistor, Rocket League, South Park Stick of Truth and re-start Persona 4 (now I'll paltinum this!).

Rushing through backlog has been fun.

Top Bottom