• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT26| Like a Hat

LTWood12

I can stay away from Destiny just fine. I just can't stay away from DGAF. You guys are awesome and it's what keeps me coming back to this game.
Anyway, last week I only played on tuesday and did a few bounties on saturday. No trials.

On the other hand I've platinum'ed Infamous First Light (PS4), Danganronpa (PSV) and got 100% on Infamous Festival of Blood (PS3).
This week I wanna platinum Transistor, Rocket League, South Park Stick of Truth and re-start Persona 4 (now I'll paltinum this!).

Rushing through backlog has been fun.

This is exactly where I'm at. I'm addicted to hanging out w/ you guys.

The fastest / most efficient way is to do the following, courtesy of Zoba:

1) Get 7 Wins in Trials of Osiris (or 5 with the first free win and getting a win with the double-win buff)
2) Buy the ToO weapon from BroVance and dismantle. Repeat until no glimmer
3) Farm Gatekeepers for Glimmer, preferably with 3+ people. The more, the better.
4) Repeat steps 2 and 3 as needed.

Oh thats a really interesting way to do it. I actually did Trials of Osiris for the first time this week (probably never will be able to do that again lol). I assume he leaves tomorrow so I'll have to get my grind on tonight. Thanks!!

ich00

Whats the deal with Dry Rot? Is it worth grinding strikes for?

Dry Rot is a baby 4th Horseman, shoot for this roll and you have yourself a beastly PvE shotty:

From: https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyThe...an_create_an_xbox_4_horseman_with_a_properly/

4 horseman has a slightly higher impact and much higher stability. Dry Rot has slightly higher fire rate, range, reload, and mag.

1.Aggressive ballistics: If you roll dry rot with aggressive ballistics you close the impact gap.

2.Full Auto: now have the same perk as the 4th horseman, fire rate should be similar but it is not going to equal thunderer. This is ultimately a legendary tier version of an exotic, still exceptional.

3a. Reinforced Barrel--increased range, reduced stability. Might put out more reliable damage, might be too wild to handle.

3b. Small Bore--increased range and stability, reduced mag. Reliable longer range at the cost of 1 bullet. This may be the better all-around option as dry-rot has 6 rounds to begin with.

4a. Rodeo: if you want a little more stability

4b. luck in the chamber: if you want to maximize dps

4c. kneepads: if you want to try this as a crucible shotgun.

stlobus

Not all Exotic Armors are created equal, and should all be leveled for testing purposes before judgment.

That's what I'm planning to work on next. I did get lucky from what I can tell, though. A couple weeks ago when Xur was selling the Purifier Robes for the Warlock, I bought to exotic helm engrams that decrypted to a Helm of Saint-14 and the Celestial Nighthawk.

Not sure where my weapons rank, though. I found the Monte Carlo on the VoG noob run that Death Jr put together (Thanks again for that, was an awesome time), and a Red Death from PoE 28 later that day. My hunter got a Universal Remote from a legendary engram yesterday, to which I did a triple take when I saw that. That seems more useful for PvP than PvE, though, and I don't really do PvP.

Also, I'm in love with my Pilgrim. Small bore is perfect on it.

The thing is so stable that I have not been able to use "headseeker" effectivily tho. I just keep getting 3 headshot instead of 2 bodyshots and 1 headshot.

If that really is the case going foward I might re-roll to try and get hidden hand instead of headseeker.

What should I be spending motes of light on? I have almost 200.

Save save save! If you're looking for a particular exotic, you can gamble with Xur if he has that armor type. Otherwise, it's really good for rerolling legendaries.

There are nerfs/buffs coming, mostly nerfs, so I'd be cautious about rerolling unless you want to enjoy a particular weapon before September when the weapon balance patch takes place.

If you don't care that much, I'd save them up for TTK to reroll all the brand new stuff as much as you want!

Oh thats a really interesting way to do it. I actually did Trials of Osiris for the first time this week (probably never will be able to do that again lol). I assume he leaves tomorrow so I'll have to get my grind on tonight. Thanks!!

Why won't you be able to do it again, if I may ask? Or do you mean to get 7+ wins?

If it's 7+ wins you need, I'd gladly do all I can to help you get that next week or any other. I can always use more weapon parts / glimmer myself and I enjoy the heck out of Trials

Yea you have until tomorrow to do it. Then you can start again on Friday.

ocean

Banned
True custom game: VoG jumping platforms but 10 times longer so Death from Above / Bladedancing isn't viable. First team to get all members across wins.

btkadams

Save save save! If you're looking for a particular exotic, you can gamble with Xur if he has that armor type. Otherwise, it's really good for rerolling legendaries.

There are nerfs/buffs coming, mostly nerfs, so I'd be cautious about rerolling unless you want to enjoy a particular weapon before September when the weapon balance patch takes place.

If you don't care that much, I'd save them up for TTK to reroll all the brand new stuff as much as you want!
Hmmm ok I might just save them then.

Shito

I am done with the side arms grimoire. Dismantling Vestian in celebration.
Not impressed: you can buy it again at will.

I'm watching a friend of mine streaming himself on Destiny; he hasn't played a lot, and is just doing the HoW story missions: remember when we didn't know the patrol bounty signs by heart and were surprised by the ones asking us to change zone? ^^

Namikaze1

Not impressed: you can buy it again at will.

I'm watching a friend of mine streaming himself on Destiny; he hasn't played a lot, and is just doing the HoW story missions: remember when we didn't know the patrol bounty signs by heart and were surprised by the ones asking us to change zone? ^^
Exactly! It's taking up space.

Hmmm ok I might just save them then.

Not to mention to gamble via Xur for all the brand new stuff :p

That was really fun when HoW came out. Bought 50 engrams in 2 of the first 3 weeks to get Ram, Nighthawk, Titan Statue Helm, and Purifier robes. ( I think week 2 was gauntlets and I didn't try for those)

Wondering if it's worth getting back into destiny right now or just wait till the taken king.

its pretty good right now, when did you stop? depending on your character you might want to get them at least to 34 to be ready for new content.

That was really fun when HoW came out. Bought 50 engrams in 2 of the first 3 weeks to get Ram, Nighthawk, Titan Statue Helm, and Purifier robes. ( I think week 2 was gauntlets and I didn't try for those)

Don't remind me.. I gambled 30 engrams and didn't get a single new exotic. 12 obsidian minds FTW.

ocean

Banned

That's 1150 Motes of Light for 4 Exotic armor pieces though :p Xur is a highway robber I swear. The Cryptarch is just a buddy in on the scam.

Wondering if it's worth getting back into destiny right now or just wait till the taken king.

Where did you leave off? I'd say it's worth it to give it a shot. Also, Etheric Light from PoE34 I'd grab some to get your chars to L34, assuming they're not there yet, in preperation for TTK. Plus, I think the story missions are quite fun this time around. You can ascend your Fatebringer, GHorn, etc. and be as ready as possible for TTK.

its pretty good right now, when did you stop? depending on your character you might want to get them at least to 34 to be ready for new content.

Don't remind me.. I gambled 30 engrams and didn't get a single new exotic. 12 obsidian minds FTW.

That's 1150 Motes of Light for 4 Exotic armor pieces though :p Xur is a highway robber I swear. The Cryptarch is just a buddy in on the scam.

Hahaha I know how it feels. IIRC, it took 509 rerolls to get my Her Benevolence roll. That's 509 motes + 1527 Weapon Parts + (is it 250 glimmer per?) 127,250 glimmer. I dismantled so many weapons and use most of my ass/radiant shards and energy for both motes and glimmer.

DNAbro

Pretty sure being as leveled up as possible won't really matter that much when TTK comes since we will actually be able to level up and probably get new gear. maybe

SkylineRKR

I wonder what Xur is going to do with all those coins and motes. Being a pimp on the beach?

Maybe he'll buy a full army and becomes the final boss of Destiny in year 10. Takes 10 years to beat him.

Pretty sure being as leveled up as possible won't really matter that much when TTK comes since we will actually be able to level up and probably get new gear. maybe

Well at least when HoW came out, the "Hard Mode" versions of the story missions were Level 30 for the first 2, then 32 for the rest, I believe. Which was our max going into it. And then Nightfall/Hardest Heroic Weekly was also L32. I'd assume they'll put that at L34 when TTK release if they follow the same pattern as the previous 2 DLCs

I got pretty lucky with my engram rolls.

-Rolled 5 helm engrams week one and got Nighthawk and Glasshouse which I also didn't have.
-Then rolled Chest twice when it showed up and got Purifier robes.
-Rolled the next helm engram 12 fucking times to try to get the Ram, however I was also missing 4 other helms as well and I got 2 of those. (Eternal Warrior, Skullfort).
-A week later I roll ONE helm engram just because, it's the Ram. Lol.

Dave_6

Also, I'm in love with my Pilgrim. Small bore is perfect on it.

The thing is so stable that I have not been able to use "headseeker" effectivily tho. I just keep getting 3 headshot instead of 2 bodyshots and 1 headshot.

If that really is the case going foward I might re-roll to try and get hidden hand instead of headseeker.

Mine has small bore and hidden hand but I've yet to unlock either one. Gonna try my best to get that done tonight.

I got pretty lucky with my engram rolls.

-Rolled 5 helm engrams week one and got Nighthawk and Glasshouse which I also didn't have.
-Then rolled Chest twice when it showed up and got Purifier robes.
-Rolled the next helm engram 12 fucking times to try to get the Ram, however I was also missing 4 other helms as well and I got 2 of those. (Eternal Warrior, Skullfort).
-A week later I roll ONE helm engram just because, it's the Ram. Lol.

My heart!

LordofPwn

If you have the DLC, now is a fun time to jump back in. If you don't, wait for the Taken King.

Where did you leave off? I'd say it's worth it to give it a shot. Also, Etheric Light from PoE34 I'd grab some to get your chars to L34, assuming they're not there yet, in preparation for TTK. Plus, I think the story missions are quite fun this time around. You can ascend your Fatebringer, GHorn, etc. and be as ready as possible for TTK.

I'm missing the new exotic hunter boots, and i'd kinda like a solar hand cannon but not sure if its worth getting any legendaries with the new weapon balance changes and what ever bungie comes up with for weapon damage in the Taken King.

I've got every other exotic, 8 NLBs, 2 Gjallarhorns, too many passage coins to count. only thing left for my grimoire is rumble wins, salvage wins, hydra kills, and ogre kills.

haven't been on in like 2 weeks, and the last time was to do 1 nightfall.

Got Nothing Manacles from the Nightfall this week and from what I know it's the only way to hold two grenade charges on a Voidwalker. So I turn on The Hunger and Embrace the Void to try and maximize my Energy Drain and I'm reminded of what bothers me so much with working the Energy Drain, not the fact that it doesn't stack but the fact that triggering it again won't refresh the timer. Trigger Energy Drain with 1 second left in and active Energy Drain and you pretty much waste it. There's not even a timer on display to help avoid this. But eh, doubt many people care. Voidwalker still my preferred Warlock.

So the first year and 11 months I've had this account on NeoGAF I had maybe 20 posts total, which is about .028 posts per day. Since December of last year aka joining DGAF (~210 days since), I've made 3,746 posts and my new total is about 4 posts per day. In those 210 days, the ~3726 posts I've made brings me at about 17.74 posts per day since DGAF. I need to bring my total average to 13.37 :p

I'm missing the new exotic hunter boots, and i'd kinda like a solar hand cannon but not sure if its worth getting any legendaries with the new weapon balance changes and what ever bungie comes up with for weapon damage in the Taken King.

I've got every other exotic, 8 NLBs, 2 Gjallarhorns, too many passage coins to count. only thing left for my grimoire is rumble wins, salvage wins, hydra kills, and ogre kills.

haven't been on in like 2 weeks, and the last time was to do 1 nightfall.

Oh ok so you're pretty much set for TTK. I'd just stack up on motes/strange coins, and do the nightfall to get chars reps at 90+% ready for the next rank on each vanguard/crucible/factions, at the very least. I had that on all chars except Crucble. But PvP is fun again for me so I'll have that ready

Top Bottom