• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT26| Like a Hat

SkylineRKR

I got pretty lucky with my engram rolls.

-Rolled 5 helm engrams week one and got Nighthawk and Glasshouse which I also didn't have.
-Then rolled Chest twice when it showed up and got Purifier robes.
-Rolled the next helm engram 12 fucking times to try to get the Ram, however I was also missing 4 other helms as well and I got 2 of those. (Eternal Warrior, Skullfort).
-A week later I roll ONE helm engram just because, it's the Ram. Lol.

I took my Hunter to Xur for SGA. I thought 'ah well, lets buy one helmet engram'. I have all Hunter exotics except for Bones but thought The Ram would be a nice exotic for my Warlock. Realized I should perhaps switch, but I didn't and got The Ram lol.

Mine has small bore and hidden hand but I've yet to unlock either one. Gonna try my best to get that done tonight.

Let us know what you think once you do. This weapon really is a beast. I don't see how it is way better than the messenger tho. Imo, if you have the messenger, you are fine.

todd360

I took my Hunter to Xur for SGA. I thought 'ah well, lets buy one helmet engram'. I have all Hunter exotics except for Bones but thought The Ram would be a nice exotic for my Warlock. Realized I should perhaps switch, but I didn't and got The Ram lol.

Bones are too rare. I want them and have never seen anyone with them.

E92 M3

So the first year and 11 months I've had this account on NeoGAF I had maybe 20 posts total, which is about .028 posts per day. Since December of last year aka joining DGAF (~210 days since), I've made 3,746 posts and my new total is about 4 posts per day. In those 210 days, the ~3726 posts I've made brings me at about 17.74 posts per day since DGAF. I need to bring my total average to 13.37 :p

Yeah, DGAF really upped the posting and what's great is that the community is still growing. It's unfortunate that Bungie still makes bone-headed decision with weapon balance though.

I am still salty about nerfing the BH. It was literally a "No fun allowed" nerf.

GhaleonEB

I'm missing the new exotic hunter boots, and i'd kinda like a solar hand cannon but not sure if its worth getting any legendaries with the new weapon balance changes and what ever bungie comes up with for weapon damage in the Taken King.

I've got every other exotic, 8 NLBs, 2 Gjallarhorns, too many passage coins to count. only thing left for my grimoire is rumble wins, salvage wins, hydra kills, and ogre kills.

haven't been on in like 2 weeks, and the last time was to do 1 nightfall.

My suggestion would be to keep playing if you think it would be fun, and don't if it isn't. I'm not engaged in any loot chase at this point either, just for the fun.

EL CUCO

Yeah, DGAF really upped the posting and what's great is that the community is still growing. It's unfortunate that Bungie still makes bone-headed decision with weapon balance though.

I am still salty about nerfing the BH. It was literally a "No fun allowed" nerf.
This comment reminds of a video that Slayerage put out over the weekend. Totally agree with him BTW.
https://youtu.be/9TmClLLlIik

Because the only two HoW exotics that Xur hasn't sold are Bones and Ram. Ram is easier to get because of helm engrams. Peregrine Grieves would be just as rare if Xur didn't sell them already because there is no Boots engram.

My cousin got them in the Nightfall. So jelly.

E92 M3

This comment reminds of a video that Slayerage put out over the weekend. Totally agree with him BTW.

Thanks for the link It really is a dumb nerf. I think Bungie needs a new sandbox designer.

Don't get me started on Hand Cannons getting ammo nerfs among others.

*He basically clarifies the same thing I said before about ES with surplus being the better sniper now.

Dave_6

Let us know what you think once you do. This weapon really is a beast. I don't see how it is way better than the messenger tho. Imo, if you have the messenger, you are fine.

Nope, no Messenger here. I've only been to Mercury once and that was all due to Unstable, so I more than likely will never have one.

I really want the Ram (again), Nothing Manacles, P Grieves (Forgot to buy from Xur), and Bones of Eao.

I probably want nothing manacles the most!

Yea that and the Ice Breaker are the silliest to me. BH will basically be worthless.

Yea even when I'm not playing, I'm always trying to go on DGAF. When Gaf was down a few weeks ago when Trials released, I felt lost!

todd360

Because the only two HoW exotics that Xur hasn't sold are Bones and Ram. Ram is easier to get because of helm engrams. Peregrine Grieves would be just as rare if Xur didn't sell them already because there is no Boots engram.

lol I know.

SkylineRKR

Yeah I said this in the other topic, the problem are the mechanics. The bosses are dumb and not fun to fight. Nerfing BH and Horn will only draw out those fights. Not sure what Bungie is thinking here. I would buff other rockets for PvE so Gjallarhorn is not a real must for LFG's. Honestly, bungie seemed to base their nerfs on LFG asking 'x weapon only'. Fuck those anyway.

GutZ31

Yeah I said this in the other topic, the problem are the mechanics. The bosses are dumb and not fun to fight. Nerfing BH and Horn will only draw out those fights. Not sure what Bungie is thinking here. I would buff other rockets for PvE so Gjallarhorn is not a real must for LFG's. Honestly, bungie seemed to base their nerfs on LFG asking 'x weapon only'. Fuck those anyway.

Anyone demanding Gjallarhorn is just not creative enough.

bitsurugi

Welp!

Got the Hopscotch Pilgrim, after many, many, MANY Dragoon strikes. It dropped from the first strike of the day.

Oddly, it NEVER dropped when i played so far, not even for any of the teammates... but after i got it, did one more dragoon and guess what? It dropped AGAIN for a teammate.

WTH?! Odds of smth like this?

Rolled it Headseeker, spray and play. Not sure if i should swap headseeker for HH.
Any thoughts?

nowai

Also, I'm in love with my Pilgrim. Small bore is perfect on it.

The thing is so stable that I have not been able to use "headseeker" effectivily tho. I just keep getting 3 headshot instead of 2 bodyshots and 1 headshot.

If that really is the case going foward I might re-roll to try and get hidden hand instead of headseeker.

I am a fan of Reactive Reload over Headseeker. Pair it with Feeding Frenzy to make up for pulse riles general slow reload and enjoy.

nOoblet16

Barely manage to avoid getting killed by Thorn.
Go for the revive 90% done and orb magically teleports to the side....the fuck game?

I also dislike how Bladedancer is the only super that can get heavily affected by lag, so much so that you have to hit every enemy two times to make sure they are really dead and that the hit registers.

phen0m24

I wonder what Xur is going to do with all those coins and motes. Being a pimp on the beach?

Maybe he'll buy a full army and becomes the final boss of Destiny in year 10. Takes 10 years to beat him.
Destiny 3 Xur insta-nerfs all purchased exotic weapons and takes over the galaxy

Makes all guardians use their legendaries instead

EL CUCO

Welp!

Got the Hopscotch Pilgrim, after many, many, MANY Dragoon strikes. It dropped from the first strike of the day.

Oddly, it NEVER dropped when i played so far, not even for any of the teammates... but after i got it, did one more dragoon and guess what? It dropped AGAIN for a teammate.

Rolled it Headseeker, spray and play. Not sure if i should swap headseeker for HH.
Any thoughts?
Does it have Braced frame? You really want that max stability with it.

Barely manage to avoid getting killed by Thorn.
Go for the revive 90% done and orb magically teleports to the side....the fuck game?

I also dislike how Bladedancer is the only super that can get heavily affected by lag, so much so that you have to hit every enemy two times to make sure they are really dead and that the hit registers.

It's super annoying when you're using Hungering Blade and it doesn't trigger when it should and you die as a result. The lag really needs to be addressed.

todd360

It's super annoying when you're using Hungering Blade and it doesn't trigger when it should and you die as a result. The lag really needs to be addressed.

You just overfed your blade bro. Poor thing was full.

budFzFz.jpg

poor thing.

nOoblet16

I don't even use hungering blade as the recovery time is fast enough, it feels to be the same if not even slower than Red Death's recover...that doesn't really help all that much especially when you want to blade dance a group...plus the lag doesn't play well with it. Most of the time you will just die before you can even use it.

Hungering blade is good only if you are bladedancing enemies that are spread apart (but you will need MOTTM to make it last longer).

Welp!

Any thoughts?

This is my current dilemma too.

The weapon is so fucking stable that it's easier to get 3 headshots than 2 bodyshots + 1 headshot. So hidden hand or even reaction reaload might be better options.

Also, feeding frenzy is way better than spray and play.

Manp

i got them saturday from the big chest at the end of a PoE34... last exotic i was missing :D

now i have all the exotics in the game, weapons and armor. yay! :) first time since launch

SkylineRKR

I use FF, Braced and Headseeker. Max stability is most important, you'll 2 burst a lot. With Smallbore I felt the stability was a still a bit too low.

Headseeker works nice on airborne enemies or times where you're being hit as well.

zewone

This is my current dilemma too.

The weapon is so fucking stable that it's easier to get 3 headshots than 2 bodyshots + 1 headshot. So hidden hand or even reaction reaload might be better options.

Also, feeding frenzy is way better than spray and play.

Headseeker is meant to give you a 2 shot kill even without landing all 6 bullets as headshots.

Headseeker damage only procs on the same burst. If you get a body shot burst and a headshot burst next, the headshot burst will not get the bonus damage.

How Headseeker works is if you aimed slightly lower than the head and hit a body shot or two, the next bullets in the same burst will get bonus damage that makes up for the ones that hit the bodyshot.

I like Headseeker in that it's more forgiving about where your bullets land, but I can definitely see why people would want to run Hidden Hand.

For the other perk, you definitely want a reload perk. Outlaw or Feeding Frenzy.

I have Outlaw that gives 1.5x reloads for headshot kills (which is easy to get with this gun) vs. Feeding Frenzys 1.2x reload for a body or headshot kill.

You just overfed your blade bro. Poor thing was full.

poor thing.

Yeah the damn thing is always on a diet.

The recovery is really slow when it does trigger, but I opt for it just for a little more survivability. In my experience the enemy are usually spread out enough to have to chase them down a bit. Plus I don't care for the other perks on the column.

Dude 27 your nephews rock. I hit 23 after a day of bounties and such.

I helped them out a bunch telling them what to do exactly. How to back out of strikes when there's underlevelled because it'll take too long. Or when there are idle players. Or omnigul haha. They struggle with that strike. I had to play it once to show them.

I showed them how to not upgrade gear unless you really need it for next light/perks and to swap out when turning in bounties, etc. I never realized how hard it is to explain every little thing with this game before :p

I got them and shared them.

Got a spare set tho.

Top Bottom