• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT26| Like a Hat

zewone

I read your post about the hand cannon nerf. I honestly don't expect it to do anything much in PVE, and do nothing but help PVP. I'm a huge fan of this patch overall, but they got a couple things wrong.

Revisiting this, you're okay with the PVP nerfs for the sake of variety but in PVE if they nerf something because it is OP'd they screwed up?

How about some variety in your PVE loadout, which is why the Horn is also getting nerfed.

purg3

slept with Malkin
They cut damage on ARs, they're not doing that here. Range means nothing in PVE and IMO, hand cannons don't need 10-13 shots in the mag. I think we're going to see them lose about 2 shots per clip.

the clip reduction shouldn't be too bad as long as you have reload speed gantlet or even rodeo perk.

E92 M3

They cut damage on ARs, they're not doing that here. Range means nothing in PVE and IMO, hand cannons don't need 10-13 shots in the mag. I think we're going to see them lose about 2 shots per clip.

I hope to see that it's only 2 shots; kinda worried it's half.

ocean

Banned
Revisiting this, you're okay with the PVP nerfs for the sake of variety but in PVE if they nerf something because it is OP'd they screwed up?

How about some variety in your PVE loadout, which is why the Horn is also getting nerfed.
Not comparable. If you don't use one of the two or three top weapons in PvP you're dead meat (unless you're an ultra pro).

PvE in this game is easy enough that you can do any content with any loadout. Stuff like killing Skolas using only melee and shoulder charge is possible but I'll concede only for extremely good players. But if you have literally any legendary weapon loadout, no matter what LFG says you can do everything in this game without a sweat.

You can use Gjallarhorn if you want to save 30 seconds on a boss fight. You use Thorn/TLW/high impact pulse if you want to be at least mildly successful in crucible.

EL CUCO

I love Black Hammer but it's OP.

http://xboxclips.com/RLench/63e7240f-a845-477e-9d03-7172a4dd0915

Skip to 1:30.

I destroyed Sepiks without missing a snipe, probably something like 20 consecutive critical hits and didn't lose a single bullet. That's not just OP for a legendary weapon, I'd almost go one step further and say it's OP for an exotic too. In most cases, it's no better or worse than Efrideet as you aren't going to get continuous criticals like this, but against slow and dumb bosses, it's far too easy to get a quick kill.
How many other bosses can you say this could be done on reliably? Maybe 2 or 3? That isnt OP, that's lazy enemy encounter design. You're not winning at Destiny by simply using a Black Hammer.

GhaleonEB

OK thx, Guess Ill get the Base+The House of Wolves today then

The state of Destiny DLC/editions is kind of a mess and will remain so until the Taken King comes out.

The cheapest way to get all the Destiny content will be the Taken King physical release, which includes the base game, both prior expansions, and the Taken King for $60; it's a good price for what will be an enormous amount of content. But that doesn't come out until September 15th.

To get just the Taken King expansion, when it comes out, will cost $40. I think the expectation is, if you go that route, you have to own the base game and both expansions. If you just get the base game and the House of Wolves, come September 15th you'll have to decide whether to spend $40 + whatever the price is for The Dark Below, or another $60 for the full re-release. (The former will probably be cheaper, but not by much.)

Or, as suggested, pre-order the digital CE, which gets you access to all the current content now, plus a few token cosmetic extras along with the Taken King when it comes out. But that's $80.

So, yeah. Kind of a mess. I don't know what the DLC is priced at these days, or the base game for that matter. If you want to be cost effective, wait for TTK release. If you want to play now and cost is less of an issue, I'd suggest getting the game + expansion pass for both current DLC's, and then upgrade to the TTK when it comes out for $40.

zewone

Not comparable. If you don't use one of the two or three top weapons in PvP you're dead meat (unless you're an ultra pro).

PvE in this game is easy enough that you can do any content with any loadout. Stuff like killing Skolas using only melee and shoulder charge is possible but I'll concede only for extremely good players. But if you have literally any legendary weapon loadout, no matter what LFG says you can do everything in this game without a sweat.

You can use Gjallarhorn if you want to save 30 seconds on a boss fight. You use Thorn/TLW/high impact pulse if you want to be at least mildly successful in crucible.

If the content is so easy then why care that you have to use a different sniper?

SkylineRKR

How many other bosses can you say this could be done on reliably? Maybe 2 or 3? That isnt OP, that's lazy enemy encounter design. You're not winning at Destiny by simply using a Black Hammer.

Its already hard to do on Archon Priest because others will fuck the chain. Sepkis will sometimes move erratically or warp. Sekrion is easiest to crit but there is his splash damage.

We sometimes did Sekrion with 3 black hammers and it was fun. Its not like we wouldn't record our 400th win against him without BH.

On trash mob I don't even use it. What if they nerf BH? I probably don't use it at all. There are better handling snipers you can get 24 crits with easily.

Justified

The state of Destiny DLC/editions is kind of a mess and will remain so until the Taken King comes out.

The cheapest way to get all the Destiny content will be the Taken King physical release, which includes the base game, both prior expansions, and the Taken King for $60; it's a good price for what will be an enormous amount of content. But that doesn't come out until September 15th.

To get just the Taken King expansion, when it comes out, will cost $40. I think the expectation is, if you go that route, you have to own the base game and both expansions. If you just get the base game and the House of Wolves, come September 15th you'll have to decide whether to spend $40 + whatever the price is for The Dark Below, or another $60 for the full re-release. (The former will probably be cheaper, but not by much.)

Or, as suggested, pre-order the digital CE, which gets you access to all the current content now, plus a few token cosmetic extras along with the Taken King when it comes out. But that's $80.

So, yeah. Kind of a mess. I don't know what the DLC is priced at these days, or the base game for that matter. If you want to be cost effective, wait for TTK release. If you want to play now and cost is less of an issue, I'd suggest getting the game + expansion pass for both current DLC's, and then upgrade to the TTK when it comes out for $40.

Yea I want to play now, while my game load is light (and cost isnt an issue), but by the time the Taken King is out, I probably will have moved on, or about to (With MGSV, and NBA2K16, and the October games deluge on the horizon) to get to deep into it

Are the HoW exotic weapons going to be added into the loot tables with the rest of exotics when Taken King comes out, or are they going to remain hidden behind a token?

Arrrammis

Yea I want to play now, while my game load is light (and cost isnt an issue), but by the time the Taken King is out, I probably will have moved on, or about to (With MGSV, and NBA2K16, and the October games deluge on the horizon) to get to deep into it
If you buy Desinty TTK from the PlayStation store/love store, you will be able to play the game and two expansions right now and then play TTK when it releases. It costs $60 for TTK,both expansions, and the base game (same as the base game by itself), so you might as well.

Edit: didn't see the previous post, ignore me

Trakan

PVE and PVP are two different beasts. In something I'm playing against other players, I want a balanced experience. A weapon shouldn't make a bad player better.

In PVE where the bosses are large bullet sponges, I want the fastest killing tool possible. You already know my feelings on strikes.

ocean

Banned
If the content is so easy then why care that you have to use a different sniper?
I don't particularly mind, but it's just a shame that some stuff is being unnecessarily neutered. A Speer with Field Scout is now as good or better than a previously super cool weapon.

Liamc723

I've just run the Prison Of Elders for the first time on level 28, and I'm pretty chuffed because I just got my very first exotic weapon!

I decided to run it again in the hope I could get another one, but upon completion, I couldn't open the big chest. I've now read that you can only open this chest once a week.

Is this true?

If so, when does the "week" reset so I could open it again?

Namikaze1

Are the HoW exotic weapons going to be added into the loot tables with the rest of exotics when Taken King comes out, or are they going to remain hidden behind a token?
I don't see Bungie adding them to the loot table ever. They gonna want folks to play PoE 34 and/or 35 for them. Bungie treats them as exotic "raid" weapons like Vex Mythoclast and Necrochasm.

zewone

PVE and PVP are two different beasts. In something I'm playing against other players, I want a balanced experience.

Destiny will never be balanced. People should play the game for what it is rather than try to make it something it's not.

Monster Zero

I've just run the Prison Of Elders for the first time on level 28, and I'm pretty chuffed because I just got my very first exotic weapon!

I decided to run it again in the hope I could get another one, but upon completion, I couldn't open the big chest. I've now read that you can only open this chest once a week.

Is this true?

You cab open the poe chest as many times as you have treasure keys. The first Queen's bounty of the week is a guarantee key.

EL CUCO

Is this true?

Can open the big chest as many times as you wish, as long as you have a treasure key in inventory. You get those randomly from public event ether chests, the smaller PoE chests, or a guaranteed key for turning in your first Queens bounty (dark blue colored) of the week.

Not sure if the light blue bounties net you a key, as I've yet to complete one :Kappa:

Shito

Or they could make it so the majority of the other exotic weapons aren't crap and not worth the exotic slot? ^^

Because Black Hammer was hella fun to use. It could melt a few bosses, but you had to work for it.
My theory is that a TTK boss was made trivial with BH...

Finally got my first ever xbox live / psn hate mail! Didn't expect it to come from Destiny, thought for sure it would be after a fighting game match. After ignoring a random game invite the second I logged in, and politely declining the follow up message "story join me" with a "No thank you", I was rudely invited to partake in sex acts that under other circumstances would be quite enjoyable.

Kinda disappointed I didn't get to earn my hate with a stunning crucible or trials performance, or some spectacular raid failure. Gotta step up my game.

I like the Warlock's Trials armor set the best.

BUHgPWwl.jpg

Liamc723

Can open the big chest as many times as you wish, as long as you have a treasure key in inventory. You get those randomly from public event ether chests, the smaller PoE chests, or a guaranteed key for turning in your first Queens bounty (dark blue colored) of the week.

Not sure if the light blue bounties net you a key, as I've yet to complete one :Kappa:

Ahh okay, I've just took one of the dark blue bounties so I can get another key, cheers!

My future is starting to look brighter. It looks like I might graduate somewhere next week and just heard that I got the PhD position. Just a big thanks to the Sons who supported me all the way and also a big thanks to DGAF for the inspiring words! DGAF = best GAF!

All praise to the stroopwaffels! Nice one dude.

All of you won't stop talking about Hopscotch, I need it now. Gonna go grind Dragon for a bit.

You don't choose the Hypescotch, the Hypescotch chooses you. I'll grind some with you for a 4th.

What? I like to re-roll...

Also I just bought a year of XBL for cheap and I'm in prime position to be Taken advantage of with a Taken King bundle with the Xbox credit I have. I might be joining the "I'm crazy like Ji66aMan" club.

purg3

slept with Malkin
all of this hopscotch talk...I got robbed on the thread title for this thread.

Next one needs to be Hopscotch Pilgrim Vs The World

On a related note, I've still yet to get one...

Frenden

Banned
Couldn't get a third Hypscotch to drop, so I rerolled my second and settled on Third Eye, Handlaid, and Headseeker.

I wanted Hidden Hand for that third perk, but rerolling to get it will mean a near bankruptcy of weapon parts and motes.

Unstable

Also I just bought a year of XBL for cheap and I'm in prime position to be Taken advantage of with a Taken King bundle with the Xbox credit I have. I might be joining the "I'm crazy like Ji66aMan" club.
Take my advise.

Don't.

But if you make that poor choice, try to stock up on about 12 or so Redbull codes. Just trust me.

Top Bottom