• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT26| Like a Hat

My future is starting to look brighter. I looks like I might graduate somewhere next week and just heard that I got the PhD position. Just a big thanks to the Sons who supported me all the way and also a big thanks to DGAF for the inspiring words! DGAF = best GAF!

Brilliant news EJ! Now get that ToO fix sorted

Mr Goldenmyer

Neo Member
I FINALLY went to the lighthouse after so many failed tries.The loot I got was pretty nice too. I got a void messenger as well as an ice breaker, my very first ice breaker!

I am a happy camper! All I need is my Mythoclast and I can retire until the taken king

JTripper

Im happy to give it a shot now if we can get a few more people together.

Yeah, I'd be happy to host if enough people want to try it, I'm just not a pro at trying to flawless Crota normal. I've tried Vault numerous times though. I'd be more comfortable if someone with more experience were able to give the team some direction cause I've never hosted a flawless run before.

But I guess if people have tried Crota enough and are at 34 it shouldn't be too hard on normal.

Admodieus

Yeah, I'd be happy to host if enough people want to try it, I'm just not a pro at trying to flawless Crota normal. I've tried Vault numerous times though. I'd be more comfortable if someone with more experience were able to give the team some direction cause I've never hosted a flawless run before.

But I guess if people have tried Crota enough and are at 34 it shouldn't be too hard on normal.

Crota is the easier one, the problem spots are:

1. Abyss - just have one Blade Dancer run it staying invisible nearly the entire time
  2. Shrieker hallway - titan bubble shield at entrance, retreat as necessary
  3. Crota himself - glitches

I can hop on if you're trying to do a run and need people with Gjally.

Justified

Going to pick up Destiny today, tried looking at the OP, but are there in Noob Tips?

Also which expansion should I pick up? Anyone willing to powerlevel with me (is that a thing in this game?)

Going to pick up Destiny today, tried looking at the OP, but are there in Noob Tips?

Also which expansion should I pick up?

If you're into PvP The Dark Below has nothing to offer.

Anyway on a completely separate note I'm LF the normal Vault of Glass Gatekeeper checkpoint if anyone has it. PSN: Parenegade. Let me know if you can help me out.

Feorax

Yeah, i think the strategies are pretty basic for crota.

I dont have long, but if 3 or 4 more people are up for running it soon then I reckon we can get it done pretty quick.

Trakan

That Black Hammer vid is spot on. Bungie really needs to rethink that nerf. Make it carry less in reserve so that if you miss, you're screwed, or just make it an exotic.

M3Rocket

My future is starting to look brighter. It looks like I might graduate somewhere next week and just heard that I got the PhD position. Just a big thanks to the Sons who supported me all the way and also a big thanks to DGAF for the inspiring words! DGAF = best GAF!

That's fantastic news EJ! CONGRATULATIONS!

My future is starting to look brighter. It looks like I might graduate somewhere next week and just heard that I got the PhD position. Just a big thanks to the Sons who supported me all the way and also a big thanks to DGAF for the inspiring words! DGAF = best GAF!

Amazing news! To quote our resident robot dinosaur: #Sons4Ever

E92 M3

That Black Hammer vid is spot on. Bungie really needs to rethink that nerf. Make it carry less in reserve so that if you miss, you're screwed, or just make it an exotic.

Bungie is strongly against weapons that are fun. Unfortunately, it has become very evident based on how they nerf and try to "carry".

ich00

2000, but I've been to the lighthouse multiple times, only been playing for 4 weeks. So I've been accused of account stealing, buying runs, all types of shit.

Go ghost hunting! =D

Nah in all seriousness that's stupid. I've been in LFG groups that people have made comments about low grimoire scores and I don't get it. For whatever reason people equate a high score with a level of skill, when all it's only really a measure of how crazy you are.

that's fantastic news, EJ! congrats! :)
now you can get back to yoinking gjallarhorns :D

Trakan

Bungie is strongly against weapons that are fun. Unfortunately, it has become very evident based on how they nerf and try to "carry".

I read your post about the hand cannon nerf. I honestly don't expect it to do anything much in PVE, and do nothing but help PVP. I'm a huge fan of this patch overall, but they got a couple things wrong.

I think if they want to avoid OP loadouts like FB/BH/GHorn, they need to make the best raid weapon an exotic.

E92 M3

I read your post about the hand cannon nerf. I honestly don't expect it to do anything much in PVE, and do nothing but help PVP. I'm a huge fan of this patch overall, but they got a couple things wrong.

Cutting ammo plus other stats sucks considerably. They could be beta level now and it will take forever to get a fix. My greatest fear is that the hand cannon will go the way of the AR.

I think if they want to avoid OP loadouts like FB/BH/GHorn, they need to make the best raid weapon an exotic.

Yeah, make other weapons desirable not bring down the best ones. I equate it to wealth redistribution lol.

zewone

You're upset about a sniper rifle when you hardly play PVE, but them ruining a weapon class in PVP you're a huge fan of.

seh6p.gif

M3Rocket

Whats the deal with Dry Rot? Is it worth grinding strikes for?

Dry Rot is a baby 4th Horseman, shoot for this roll and you have yourself a beastly PvE shotty:

From: https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyThe...an_create_an_xbox_4_horseman_with_a_properly/

4 horseman has a slightly higher impact and much higher stability. Dry Rot has slightly higher fire rate, range, reload, and mag.

1.Aggressive ballistics: If you roll dry rot with aggressive ballistics you close the impact gap.

2.Full Auto: now have the same perk as the 4th horseman, fire rate should be similar but it is not going to equal thunderer. This is ultimately a legendary tier version of an exotic, still exceptional.

3a. Reinforced Barrel--increased range, reduced stability. Might put out more reliable damage, might be too wild to handle.

3b. Small Bore--increased range and stability, reduced mag. Reliable longer range at the cost of 1 bullet. This may be the better all-around option as dry-rot has 6 rounds to begin with.

4a. Rodeo: if you want a little more stability

4b. luck in the chamber: if you want to maximize dps

4c. kneepads: if you want to try this as a crucible shotgun.

Dry Rot = slightly improved Secret Handshake = very good shotgun:
uc

Crowd Control + Final Round = devastating last round--so good!

But overall for PvE, still prefer Found Verdict. I would grind VoG for Found Verdict rather than strikes for Dry Rot.

Namikaze1

Crap what about non-digital?
There's two physical versions:

The CE version but it's sold out

And a non-CE version going for $20 less than the CE version.

Both version includes base game + year 1 expansions + taken king but one is sold out and the other won't be available on the market till September.

Justified

There's two physical versions:

The CE version but it's sold out

And a non-CE version going for $20 less than the CE version.

Both version includes base game + year 1 expansions + taken king but one is sold out and the other won't be available on the market till September.

OK thx, Guess Ill get the Base+The House of Wolves today then

Trakan

Cutting ammo plus other stats sucks considerably. They could be beta level now and it will take forever to get a fix. My greatest fear is that the hand cannon will go the way of the AR.

They cut damage on ARs, they're not doing that here. Range means nothing in PVE and IMO, hand cannons don't need 10-13 shots in the mag. I think we're going to see them lose about 2 shots per clip.

123rl

I love Black Hammer but it's OP.

http://xboxclips.com/RLench/63e7240f-a845-477e-9d03-7172a4dd0915

Skip to 1:30.

I destroyed Sepiks without missing a snipe, probably something like 20 consecutive critical hits and didn't lose a single bullet. That's not just OP for a legendary weapon, I'd almost go one step further and say it's OP for an exotic too. In most cases, it's no better or worse than Efrideet as you aren't going to get continuous criticals like this, but against slow and dumb bosses, it's far too easy to get a quick kill.

Top Bottom