• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT26| Like a Hat

Theorry

Try combined arms if you want a change of weaponry. Larger maps mean fewer hand cannons and blink shotguns. Haven't seen a Thorn or hawkmoon in at least 5 matches. Saw one last word last match, then just laughed when he tried sniping me with it. Then headshotted him. Good times.

I do sometimes. Its oke. But maps are abit to big for 6vs6.
Really hoped people let of some steam in this elimination mode. Its not really like Trials. The tense feeling isnt there so hoped people would be less scared to use a legendary because there isnt much to lose.

todd360

Opened three Dead Orbit packages today.

1. 2 Motes of Light
2. An emblem
3. An emblem and a chest piece

Why no shaders why :(

Lucky bastard. I got 1 mote of light.

Here is mine since were all sharing for some reason.

1zdR6G3.jpg

Arrrammis

Combined Arms is beautiful. It's a flashback to beta and launch, playing that ridiculously big Moon map and hearing Auto Rifles and Scout Rifles and Snipers all over, like 87 heavy drops (ok like 4) and everyone is too far so it just sits there for a while. And you gotta love vehicles. They're deathtraps but people *use them anyways*. And they get on the turrets so you can snipe em 20 times.

Nobody ever wants to do a Combined Arms train tho :(
One or two of my buddies and I usually play for a few hours each evening (enjoying it while we can). Feel free to jump in to the chat party or send me a message if you want to join in!
PSN is Arrrammis

I've tried to get trains going as well, always get disappointed.

ocean

Banned
One or two of my buddies usually play for a few hours each evening (enjoying it while we can). Feel free to jump in to the chat party or send me a message if you want to join in!
PSN is Arrrammis

I've tried to get trains going as well, always get disappointed.
Perfect I'll do that! Thanks

ocean

Banned
Oh my God I was poking around the Destiny app and found those launch-week threads people used on the app. Like at this ridiculous piece of work. It might be due to smoking but I've laughed out loud so hard so hard at this petty Rant:

I'd like to start by saying that I'm a PS4 gamer. Over the many months of Destiny I've been joyous/proud of the fantastic advertising done on behalf of PlayStation for Destiny, highlighting not only the console's fantastic capabilities for Bungie's newest franchise, but also some pretty kick-ass exclusive content.

Console wars have been, and will be. As long as there is competition, there will be businesses and individuals taking proverbial arms against one another doing all they can to ensure the success of their chosen side. But are there limits that should be respected or certain boundaries enacted to keep things from going 'too far'? As much as I hate to say it, "yes, there should be". Now before I stray too far...

I recently learned that the reason there hasn't been any advertising from the Microsoft side of this battle is because they weren't allowed to. What about free speech, capitalism, free-market economies and the like? Nope. Activision isn't having any of that. Why? Because Sony bought exclusive rights.

And that's the part that bothers me. I like Sony, LOVE Bungie, respect Microsoft, and have been supporting Activision in some form or fashion for over 30 years. But since when should a publisher be able to restrict advertising of a product? Inappropriate or offensive advertising, sure. But a complete blackout 'or else'? Sorry Activision, you've gone too far this time.

I'm all for pre-order bonuses (Vanguard Armory), dealer exclusives (Red Sparrow), DLC (Frontier Ghost Skin), and collectible goodies (Ghost Edition), so long as everyone gets a chance to take part, speak their part, and -most importantly- choose.

I'm too far invested into Destiny to back out now. Plus, I'm fairly certain that Bungie had nothing to do with this limitation. But if this is how future multiplatform releases will be handled, then I'll be taking my business elsewhere. I still think PS4 is King, Bungie is Legend, and Destiny will be Epic. But let the products speak for themselves. Three of the four companies involved here come from a country that stands (and fights) for freedom of speech. Let's keep it that way.

Lima

I'm gonna say if Unstable is calm then Koro is donwright Zen-like in what I heard. Like:

(Soft-spoken voice)
One down
Second weak dropped down to the right push on him
Third outside right of heavy
We're done.

Listening to good players is educational. Unstable is very entertaining as he keeps the banter up even while running Trials AND giving instructions. ("Get me up, Colonel", which is crazy!)
and in those rare instances I'm alive and he's not

Koro you're like the Ice Man. :)

And that is reason why a guy like Koro wI'll never be a big streamer. Yes to a certain extent people come for the great gameplay but the number one reason people watch you on Twitch is for the entertaining personality. It's why people like to watch King goth or Broman instead of war,aegab etc.

Well, I wish I had one that could cook. I've been in the kitchen for the past hour cooking. Goddamn steak and homemade mashed potatoes. Shit is till not even done!

I want to freaking play! ;__;

To grind pulse kills? Dont you have anything better to do (on destiny) lol?

Frenden

Banned
Combined Arms is beautiful. It's a flashback to beta and launch, playing that ridiculously big Moon map and hearing Auto Rifles and Scout Rifles and Snipers all over, like 87 heavy drops (ok like 4) and everyone is too far so it just sits there for a while. And you gotta love vehicles. They're deathtraps but people *use them anyways*. And they get on the turrets so you can snipe em 20 times.

I played a bunch of CA this week. Pilgrim was outsniping snipers thanks to the lack of glint. Fun change of pace.

Lima

Unstable train is leaving the station in about 2 hours guys.

And next week we will have a very special guest in a trip to the lighthouse. We are going to play with P3 if he finds the time. Yes Phil Spencer, the #Xboss.

Beyond humbled to get that chance. This will of course be streamed.

And next week we will have a very special guest in a trip to the lighthouse. We are going to play with P3 if he finds the time. Yes Phil Spencer, the #Xboss.

Wow, that's pretty sweet! I'll be sure to tune in.

Rehsa

Oh man that is amazing, how you set that up?

Holy shit. That's awesome!

Sheeeeet. He needs to give DGAF a shout out! :D

Lnkn52

Holy crap. How did you pull that?

Kurumi

So that's where that moon map went. They put it in that playlist. I've always wondered since I started playing Destiny again "Where the fuck is the moon map?. They take it out or something?"

So looks like I'll have to play Combined Arms then.

ocean

Banned

Congrats that sounds amazing! We'll need a private chat because Reddit will be all over that for sure.

Congrats!!!! DGAF!

Wtf!! Amazing!!

ocean

Banned
So that's where that moon map went. They put it in that playlist. I've always wondered since I started playing Destiny again "Where the fuck is the moon map?. They take it out or something?"

So looks like I'll have to play Combined Arms then.
First Light: dat sexy moon map, precious.
Bastion: Mars "oh God why is my spawn so damn far. How high up is that door, really?" And turrets.
Skywatch: PvP server Patrol Mode

Damn! Awesome shit

Where do I buy my ticket?

Kurumi

First Light: dat sexy moon map, precious.
Bastion: Mars "oh God why is my spawn so damn far. How high up is that door, really?" And turrets.
Skywatch: PvP server Patrol Mode

First Light is one of my favorite maps. Along with Shores of Time.

Top Bottom