• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT26| Like a Hat

So, turns out the Ogre towards the end of Shrine of Oryx doesn't count as an Ogre kill lol. Why is this a thing? No wonder I haven't got the grimoire yet. How ridiculous.

T-0800

Just put everyone who backs out of a match have to wait 5-10 minutes before joining a new one. People will quit far less and this chances of joining a match in progress go way down.

That's fine as long as they can tell the difference between someone quitting and someone getting booted from the game because their internet dropped out. Happened to me earlier tonight. Dropped out of POE because my internet dropped out.

Zoidberg

Any of you amazing reset warriors save a gorgon checkpoint?

Hah, thanks new monarchy for themisto. 3 different shaders from 32 ranks, I'm happy with that.

Hyun Sai

Just put everyone who backs out of a match have to wait 5-10 minutes before joining a new one. People will quit far less and this chances of joining a match in progress go way down.

It's a tricky thing for people who have connexion problems or error while in a match.

There is no perfect way to do it, but unless one really care about his stats, this shouldn't be a big deal.

Bungie needs to removed the ability to matchmaking already started matches.

I want to play a new one and not enter in one with 6000 x 2500 score.

No they don't. Ever play Halo? It's awful whenever any of your teammates leave because then you're playing with a disadvantage for the rest of the game. I remember when CoD4 came out and they had join in progress matches. It stomped all over Halo 3s matchmaking system.

Dishy

Unconfirmed Member
anyone up for three quick nightfalls? I have no headset so I won't be able to speak nor hear, but shouldn't be a big problem :)

PSN: Deniz093 (add or invite me to party)

Better late than never!

FkMw88P.jpg

This is my first ever Platinum (and i've been on playstation for like 20 years :p) I want to thank this awesome community we have here on GAF for Destiny as without you guys i wouldn't have been able to achieve this! This is the first GAF community i've ever properly been involved in and i think we have some amazing helpful people along with seriously talented gamers too.

A special mention goes to Drizzey though for being an awesome sherpa in the flawless raider with us yesterday, i had been chasing that for a long long time!

So yeah thanks everyone! :D

NF has been extremely crappy for me in the last 4 weeks. No new exotics drop, just a lot of legendary weapons that got added to the list but I feel as if they have more weight than other drops.

Finished in Style :p

Congratulations!

I've kind of given up on platinuming this game. Flawless raiding sounds like a soul-crushing chore. Plus the broken-ass weapon upgrade trophies don't pop for me (because I completed the requirements only after DLC2 hit).

Once you get a group together it's really easy to do and only takes about 30-45 mins.

ethomaz

Banned
No they don't. Ever play Halo? It's awful whenever any of your teammates leave because then you're playing with a disadvantage for the rest of the game. I remember when CoD4 came out and they had join in progress matches. It stomped all over Halo 3s matchmaking system.
Same is happening entering in the middle of the battle.

It is just how it works... so I prefer don't have resume matchmaking because at least I can start a new match and solo if needed.

Well a better response that I posted in Bungie.net.

What you described is happening right now a lot of times when players entering in the middle of the match :(

I prefer to have a new match than that bullshit.

Because when I enter in the middle of the battle everybody has supper, rocket launchers, etc... I don't know how to change the pace from 6000 x 2000 to win the match at 10000.

In a new match even if I'm losing I know the flow of the battle and can change it even alone.

phen0m24

Congratulations!

I've kind of given up on platinuming this game. Flawless raiding sounds like a soul-crushing chore. Plus the broken-ass weapon upgrade trophies don't pop for me (because I completed the requirements only after DLC2 hit).

Joking, right? :) Dr Drizzy took people through Crota in less than 30 minutes. If I can do it, anyone can do it! :)

Same is happening entering in the middle of the battle.

It is just how it works... so I prefer don't have resume matchmaking because at least I can start a new match and solo if needed.

Well a better response that I posted in Bungie.net.

1. Destiny isn't competitive. (Except trials, but this complaint isn't for trials)
2. Being down 4000 points isn't exactly an auto loss. Plenty of teams I've joined mid game have come back and won.
3. Winning doesn't even matter.

What you're suggesting means that every time someone quits, that team is now at a perminent disadvantage. A disadvantage which can and will domino effect until either a few people get steam rolled, or everyone leaves.

Look at the first Iron Banner, people quit in droves once they started losing. When one person quits and is replaced within a minute or two, it's no big deal. When 2 or 3 people quit and are not replaced, it's fucking dumb.

Sorry but Bungie should not take your idea. Play MCC now and you'll realize just how annoying it is to be a man down perminent for almost the entire match.

Edit: That's me on the bungie forums. Sorry, not trying to be a dick just strongly disagree with you.

Better late than never!

This is my first ever Platinum (and i've been on playstation for like 20 years :p) I want to thank this awesome community we have here on GAF for Destiny as without you guys i wouldn't have been able to achieve this! This is the first GAF community i've ever properly been involved in and i think we have some amazing helpful people along with seriously talented gamers too.

A special mention goes to Drizzey though for being an awesome sherpa in the flawless raider with us yesterday, i had been chasing that for a long long time!

So yeah thanks everyone! :D

COngrats dude. First of many?

Top Bottom