• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT26| Like a Hat

So how much harder is trickle going to be then Angry?

Angry kicks my ass even in POE levels. Fuckers just keep blasting you. I struggled real bad with Angry skolas last week.

Maybe I'm crazy. When you go to Stats on the Destiny app and select like Control for example, it shows highlights like Highest Score.

Right now it's just showing me at #1 for all of these categories. However I'm pretty sure near launch it used to be like a leaderboard. Like id go there and I'd see #1 being whoever on my friends list actually had the highest Control match score.

Now I only see myself and I'd love to see me at #50 or whatever along with my friends stats but I can't seem to find that anymore? This is the screen I'm talking about:

xTxUnXx.jpg
Yeah i actually saw this yesterday, pretty weird. The leaderboard was really cool. Here's mine:

16XwbE9.jpg

Ignore the awful portuguese, im stuck with this language and there's no choice to change it. the stats are the same.

Edit: reading further it seems like there's a fix im gonna try it.

Dave_6

Ugh this game. Now I'm mad at myself for not playing Trials last night because of the disconnect issues I was having earlier. Missed out on that great Warlock chest piece :(

ocean

Banned
So how much harder is trickle going to be then Angry?

Angry kicks my ass even in POE levels. Fuckers just keep blasting you. I struggled real bad with Angry skolas last week.
If you have PoE armor with Fallen buffs you can negate trickle.

Helmet buffs your Super cooldown and gives you faster Recovery
Chest buffs your Melee cooldown and gives you increased Armor (super good, you can survive a lot more damage)
Boots buff your grenade cooldown and give you increased agility

Wear all of these and you won't even feel Trickle :) and you'll also be a Super Guardian with higher armor, recovery and agility. Without Trickle you'd also have super fast grenade, super and melee cooldowns. The buffs are extremely significant, always try to wear your stuff when running PoE, at least for Skolas and Hive Arc rooms.

ethomaz

Banned
1. Destiny isn't competitive. (Except trials, but this complaint isn't for trials)
2. Being down 4000 points isn't exactly an auto loss. Plenty of teams I've joined mid game have come back and won.
3. Winning doesn't even matter.

What you're suggesting means that every time someone quits, that team is now at a perminent disadvantage. A disadvantage which can and will domino effect until either a few people get steam rolled, or everyone leaves.

Look at the first Iron Banner, people quit in droves once they started losing. When one person quits and is replaced within a minute or two, it's no big deal. When 2 or 3 people quit and are not replaced, it's fucking dumb.

Sorry but Bungie should not take your idea. Play MCC now and you'll realize just how annoying it is to be a man down perminent for almost the entire match.

Edit: That's me on the bungie forums. Sorry, not trying to be a dick just strongly disagree with you.
Np. It is fine, you can post there too ;)

Winning from a 6k vs 2k match when you are 2 vs 3 guys is really hard... unless the other team is really bad (well they did 6k) you will lose.

It is really a bullshit case to get into these middle matches to do nothing.

I really want they change to only new matches.

I think you and me are talking about different things... 1 or 2 guys left in a Clash or Control match is fine (I can hold a 4-5 vs 6) but 1 or 2 guys left in Salvage or Skirmish made the match impossible to come back... sorry but it is really a bullshit case and Bungie needs to fix that.

123rl

My first exotic drop on a NF for a while...No Land Beyond. Ok...

I didn't have it and it's my first. Should I keep it for nostalgia's sake or just discard it now?

purg3

slept with Malkin
My first exotic drop on a NF for a while...No Land Beyond. Ok...

I didn't have it and it's my first. Should I keep it for nostalgia's sake or just discard it now?

It's getting a buff in 2.0 and if you don't have it I would hang on to it for now.

Hyun Sai

I think you and me are talking about different things... 1 or 2 guys left in a Clash or Control match is fine (I can hold a 4-5 vs 6) but 1 or 2 guys left in Salvage or Skirmish made the match impossible to come back... sorry but it is really a bullshit case and Bungie needs to fix that.

I don't think there is anything to fix for any non competitive or ranked mode. With the actual system, groups can be filled if anybody quits, and if we don't want to start mid match, we can just quit and search again.

IMO it's really the lesser of two evils system.

Homeboyd

Please add a conversion for weapon cores to armor cores. Even if it's 2 weapon cores -> 1 armor core, I'll take it.

Surplus of weapon cores are completely useless. I have nearly 30 and about 1/2 of that could be used for judgment chances (since I have about 15 armor cores), the other 15... wasted space.

Pls.

Np. It is fine, you can post there too ;)

Winning from a 6k vs 2k match when you are 2 vs 3 guys is really hard... unless the other team is really bad (well they did 6k) you will lose.

It is really a bullshit case to get into these middle matches to do nothing.

I really want they change to only new matches.

There's nothing to fix. It's 100% necessary to put people into matches that are already started. People leave and get disconnected constantly. This is how shooters work. The alternative would be 10x worse.

ocean

Banned
Where do you check that?
Destiny app, select your friends tab on the top. It needs to load your PSN friends list from that pane first. Then just go to Stats on the normal menu and select a game mode. It should show the leaderboards for that mode (from your friends, not global.
Note: iOS instructions. Never seen android app.

Top Bottom