• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT26| Like a Hat

Arrrammis

Got a Hopscotch:

Red Dot-OAS
Third Eye
Hand-Laid Stock
Hidden Hand

Does it get any better?
I could go either way on third eye, personally I only zoom in while shooting in PvP, so it's not that helpful to me. But if it helps you, its a pretty great roll otherwise, give it a shot!

Top of the page space magic!
M27WjWi.jpg

Directed by J.J. Abrams

Nightfall this week means I actually have to play the dark below story missions. About time I suppose

edit; ok unlocked who wants to wreck this nf? PSN davidbloop

Wait you can't play it unless you do the missions??

I made a new character and didn't bother to do the dlc story missions, but I was still able to do the Taniks strike in Vanguard Dragon

EL CUCO

I'm a twitch noob but maybe someone here can help. What do I need to do to be able to see my previous streams? I wanted to revisit last nights Trails run and it says "thar are no videos" :(

Wait you can't play it unless you do the missions??

I made a new character and didn't bother to do the dlc story missions, but I was still able to do the Taniks strike in Vanguard Dragon

You can probably still do Omnigul in the Vanguard strikes as well, but you can't do the Nightfall unless you do the story missions or join on somebody who has.
I'm a twitch noob but maybe someone here can help. What do I need to do to be able to see my previous streams? I wanted to revisit last nights Trails run and it says "thar are no videos" :(

Somewhere in your settings there should be an option to automatically save all streams, I believe. If you haven't already got it ticked, they're gone forever.

If you have PoE armor with Fallen buffs you can negate trickle.

Helmet buffs your Super cooldown and gives you faster Recovery
Chest buffs your Melee cooldown and gives you increased Armor (super good, you can survive a lot more damage)
Boots buff your grenade cooldown and give you increased agility

Wear all of these and you won't even feel Trickle :) and you'll also be a Super Guardian with higher armor, recovery and agility. Without Trickle you'd also have super fast grenade, super and melee cooldowns. The buffs are extremely significant, always try to wear your stuff when running PoE, at least for Skolas and Hive Arc rooms.

I have played close to 3 weeks played time in this game and had no idea the POE armor changed stats and boosts every week.

well.. shit..

this would have made a huge difference.

ethomaz

Banned
I and a random did an amazing comeback now winning a match when the third guy left it and we are losing by over 1k.

2 guys vs 3 guys

DAT sense of partnership playing the first time between I and him... one covered the other even to reload ammo.

raindoc

I could go either way on third eye, personally I only zoom in while shooting in PvP, so it's not that helpful to me. But if it helps you, its a pretty great roll otherwise, give it a shot!

Top of the page space magic!
M27WjWi

what are the other options for the 3rd eye slot? Reload perks?
Last trials we got flanked hard, 3rd eye would've helped with that I think?
How's hand laid stock compared to braced frame?
And Hidden Hand compared to Headseeker?

I'm not really worried about any incoming nerfs in september... yet. I'll level this one up anway and compare it to my messenger, but I'm interested in what GAF likes with their scotch.

I and a random did an amazing comeback now winning a match when the third guy left it and we are losing by over 1k.

2 guys vs 3 guys

DAT sense of partnership playing the first time between I and him... one covered the other even to reload ammo.

tumblr_lmputme3co1qa6q7k_large.png

SCNR

Hyun Sai

Some people are insane. Like the Longest Kill Spree on my friends list on Skirmish is a goddamn 32. If I got 32 kills on a Skirmish match I'd be like whoooooa. But doing them on a single spree? :p I can't even.

This is the first FPS I play so I'm not surprised to see there's a huge gap between you really good players and I but it's still amazing.

By the way, it may be possible to "cheat" this with the custom match method, no ?

Kurumi

I hate that you have to do the story quest just to do the NF strike. For god's sake Bungie I've done the story quest on 2 of my characters. Isn't that enough? I do not feel like doing it on my titan for the 3rd time.

Korosenai

Tried to get Bobby his 9-0 last night before reset, but with two minutes to go, me and Doge could only manage the 8-0 so we had to make a mad dash to the reef to let him get his packages. We could have made it there but I lagged out of two consecutive games (thunderstorms) and they managed to win at least one of the games.

We will get you to Mercury next weekend for sure Bobby.

E92 M3

Tried to get Bobby his 9-0 last night before reset, but with two minutes to go, me and Doge could only manage the 8-0 so we had to make a mad dash to the reef to let him get his packages. We could have made it there but I lagged out of two consecutive games (thunderstorms) and they managed to win at least one of the games.

Man, that really blows.

GhaleonEB

Thanks for the NF run, davidbloop. Omnigul with all burns is no joke but that went really well.

The arc burn scout I got from Skolas last week was awesome to use in it. Once I finish leveling it I'll probably only use it when there is a burn, but good grief did it make things easier.

Homeboyd

Koro, Ned, Trance, Unstable and Tae... good guy Xboners. Helped a ton of people this weekend get to Mercury including a few first timers. GG gents.

Thanks for the NF run, davidbloop. Omnigul with all burns is no joke but that went really well.

The arc burn scout I got from Skolas last week was awesome to use in it. Once I finish leveling it I'll probably only use it when there is a burn, but good grief did it make things easier.

Thanks mate was a good run glad to get it done, thanks for walking me through it :)

Now to eat some dinner and maybe hit some PoE later.

ocean

Banned
I have played close to 3 weeks played time in this game and had no idea the POE armor changed stats and boosts every week.

well.. shit..

this would have made a huge difference.
That's what the last perk on PoE armor does. The first weeks were all Hive bonus, then we got Fallen. Now he's selling Cabal I think which I won't bother getting because all the Cabal rooms are pretty easy. I think these buffs are cool but only really meaningful for Skolas and the Arc burn Hive encounters.

what are the other options for the 3rd eye slot? Reload perks?
Last trials we got flanked hard, 3rd eye would've helped with that I think?
How's hand laid stock compared to braced frame?
And Hidden Hand compared to Headseeker?

I'm not really worried about any incoming nerfs in september... yet. I'll level this one up anway and compare it to my messenger, but I'm interested in what GAF likes with their scotch.

Not a fan of hand laid stock on the hopscotch, especially next to braced frame. The hand laid stock reduces the range, which is something I like to capitalize on with pulse rifles. Braced frame comparitively will just reduce your ammo a bit, for one less burst. The only two options for me are braced frame or smallbore. Smallbore gets you extra range, but won't max your stability...but the difference is pretty slight. I'd probably stick with whichever you get with the rest of the good rolls.

I also prefer hidden hand to headseeker. Headseeker requires you to miss headshots, and the groupings are so tight on the hopscotch that if I miss a headshot, I'm probably missing all three.

Third eye is good if that fits with how you play. Otherwise, the reload perks (especially outlaw) are really nice.

EL CUCO

One more Twitch question: How do I set the Quality setting to give the options of Source through Low? I see some streamers have the option and it works great, but some like others like
Stabie
just have "source" and it completely cripples the stream for me.

ocean

Banned
One more Twitch question: How do I set the Quality setting to give the options of Source through Low? I see some streamers have the option and it works great, but some like others like
Stabie
just have "source" and it completely cripples the stream for me.
Twitch support answer:

"Resolution transcodes (aka “quality options”) are one of our most resource-intensive products. Due to the cost of this service, we only offer these options to our partners.

We hope to amend this policy as we continue to make investments in our transcoding infrastructure. We apologize for the temporary inconvenience and appreciate your patience."

EL CUCO

Twitch support answer:

"Resolution transcodes (aka “quality options”) are one of our most resource-intensive products. Due to the cost of this service, we only offer these options to our partners.

We hope to amend this policy as we continue to make investments in our transcoding infrastructure. We apologize for the temporary inconvenience and appreciate your patience."
Thanks Ocean! No more Twitch questions I promise :)

Hedera

I'm just running nightfall right now, but afterwards yes! I'll post again and see if you're still available.
Yeah no problem.

In the meantime is anyone is planning on running PoE34 and wants to join us? We'd be starting when btkadams finishes the NF.

Top Bottom