• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT26| Like a Hat

Considering this is the overall crucible stat and not a stat from a personal POV.
I don't understand about the spawn, wouldn't it be 50-50 always? lol
Because there's always a team that is at A and one team at B.

I thought it was a stat for which team won. Could have not been paying attention lol.

Both towns are really cool; if you have any question on Paris, don't hesitate to ask me, been living there for more than 10 years now...

I've been given it some thought, but... If it is long term, Paris with spanish salary = bad, They are both helpdesk positions (It's a downgrade in my career) and I am in a waiting line for surgery with public healthcare(Which I will lose). I may take it if it is something temporary such as covering for somebody during vacations, which is something pretty common in the company, but no way I want to be a full time helpdesk / support tech again hauling computers and breaking nails while telling people to restart their computers.

But heck. Single, no family ties, no pets, no responsibilities and I was already on the reserve list for Prague. No wonder they asked.

zewone

HyHSP15.gif

LTWood12

I finally leveled up Pocket Infinity after all these months to unlock it's exotic perk. Wish I had a chance to use it back in it's heyday, because it seems kind of crappy now. It's like using a 4th Horseman, but w/ way less damage. At least that's what it feels like. Am I missing something w/ this weapon? Should I not go for the extended mag?

matmanx1

I find the Skolas fight to be fairly annoying but it would be nice to get it done with my regular fireteam at least once for the Triumphs.

We're pretty casual so we just tried it for the first time last weekend and got him to half a couple of times but then something would always go wrong. I thought Angry was a pretty tough modifier for the fight, worse than Lightswitch even since nothing flinches or stops shooting even when taking damage.

I can see Lightswitch being bad because of the captains and vandals that follow you around but 4th Horseman seems to be pretty reliable at taking them down before they can hit.

Not that I have actual experience but this weeks modifiers (small arms and lightswitch) sound easier than last weeks (Angry and Catapult).

Shito

I've been given it some thought, but... If it is long term, Paris with spanish salary = bad, They are both helpdesk positions (It's a downgrade in my career) and I am in a waiting line for surgery with public healthcare(Which I will lose). I may take it if it is something temporary such as covering for somebody during vacations, which is something pretty common in the company, but no way I want to be a full time helpdesk / support tech again hauling computers and breaking nails while telling people to restart their computers.

But heck. Single, no family ties, no pets, no responsibilities and I was already on the reserve list for Prague. No wonder they asked.
Well, I don't know the finer details, but I'm pretty sure that if you come work in France you benefit from the French healthcare, which is one of our best assets here. I understand that having to start looking for a surgery all over again in another country could be a bit bothersome, though. ^^
Strange that they wouldn't raise your salary with a relocation; indeed Paris can be a bit expensive, even though this reputation was a always a bit exaggerated.
From how you describe it, it doesn't seem too exciting indeed if it is a long term thing... Even if I really love Paris, I wouldn't sell it to you for a downgrade with no raise to come with it... ^^

matmanx1

I finally leveled up Pocket Infinity after all these months to unlock it's exotic perk. Wish I had a chance to use it back in it's heyday, because it seems kind of crappy now. It's like using a 4th Horseman, but w/ way less damage. At least that's what it feels like. Am I missing something w/ this weapon? Should I not go for the extended mag?

To be honest I find most all fusion rifles to be disappointing and weak at this point. A good Shotgun completely outclasses them since the range/spread nerf. They need better range or else they have almost no niche.

Deku Tree

Skolas himself without lightswitch is probably my favorite boss fight in Destiny. It requires good team work, coordination and communication.

But it's my least repeated final hard mode encounter in the game. Here are my problems with the whole Skolas PoE:

1) it takes way too long to get to Skolas, and the first five rounds never change so they're boring. It is easily the longest end game PvE content in the game (Even when people were on level with the old content).

2) Even though it take the longest to get there even without wipes, Skolas has no checkpoint even though it is a raid level boss encounter on the same tier as Atheon or Crota. This is Bungie really not respecting players time commitment at all.

3) Skolas has horrible low drop rates for elemental primaries, and making the burns random means that you have a very low chance of getting the gun you want with the burn you want on it.

So the TLDR of it is that even though Skolas is a great encounter by itself, the time commitment required just to get to Skolas is way too high, and the loot drop chances are way too low, and the game doesn't respect your time by giving you any type of checkpoint.

LTWood12

Skolas himself without lightswitch is probably my favorite boss fight in Destiny. It requires good team work, coordination and communication.

But it's my least repeated final hard mode encounter in the game. Here are my problems with the whole Skolas PoE:

1) it takes way too long to get to Skolas, and the first five rounds never change so they're boring. It is easily the longest end game PvE content in the game (Even when people were on level with the old content).

2) Even though it take the longest to get there even without wipes, Skolas has no checkpoint even though it is a raid level boss encounter on the same tier as Atheon or Crota. This is Bungie really not respecting players time commitment at all.

3) Skolas has horrible low drop rates for elemental primaries, and making the burns random means that you have a very low chance of getting the gun you want with the burn you want on it.

So the TLDR of it is that even though Skolas is a great encounter by itself, the time commitment required just to get to Skolas is way too high, and the loot drop chances are way too low, and the game doesn't respect your time by giving you any type of checkpoint.

Agree 100%. I've literally only ever beaten him once. It was prior to the changes, but on the void burn week and we did all of the mechanics. Fight itself is fun, but way too much of a time commitment w/ little to no payoff once you get 3 Ciphers (I've gotten 3 from 34s so far). The drop rate for elemental primaries is positively baffling. If anything the Cipher should be rare and a primary should drop every time.

zewone

The issue with how long it takes to get there and Skolas himself also stems from the fact that you're dealing with artificially difficulty being underleveled.

Agree. Me personally, I don't like anything about Skolas. Not even the encounter or the way to get there. I hate not having checkpoints. I enjoy 32 and 34 more since they can be completed in a reasonable amount of time and not having checkpoints isn't a big deal.

Shout out to Darknyss and Btkadams for the smooth Skolas run. One first timer, one hour, and one wipe while going through the mechanics of Skolas the first time around. Pretty, pretty, pretty good.

Skolas gave me two primaries this week. What a nice guy.

ich00

This is why I'm done with Skolas. I've beaten him probably around 10 times or so and have gotten 2 weapon drops.
Luckily the solar HC and Void SR
I'm more or less done with him unless Someone asks for help, at least until they add in a checkpoint or once we can hit lvl 35.

The fight itself is fun, the lack of drops is horrible.

Top Bottom