• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT26| Like a Hat

ocean

Banned
Not many players have SoV and EoS yet perhaps. Players who roll with IB seem to know what they're doing, its probably not a newbie choice.

Praedyth is deadly and used it a lot when i was into sniping as well. Its ROF also makes a double body shot easy enough. But I think Patience and Time is the most dominant Sniper Rifle in the game, though a bit underused nowadays. With LDR and Longbow not far behind.
Never used P&T on PvP but sounds interesting. It fires quick and stable, has a magazine of 6, has tons of AA and of course being invisible (the glint gives you away anyways tho, it's more a PvE perk I think).

Just don't know If those sights will work for me. It's like Ice Breaker. I love the concept of always having ammo. But crap I can't use those sights effectively at all in PvP. It's something about the zoom and the pan speed while aiming I don't know.

ocean

Banned
Golden Gun with Celestial Nighthawk does almost 60k damage to Omnigul O_O
Damn!!!!! Forgot to try them out. Maxed them and literally haven't used them once. Solar Burn is such a great chance to try it out. I might just do NF again to see it.

Shito

I vote Black Hammer.
Word is only ever useful during void burn, and a 331 does well enough with the huge damage boost from the burn already.
Whereas Black Hammer is useful in all circumstances, and you can easily get another etheric light before it is nerfed...

nOoblet16

Key with PvP sniping is that you have to believe you can make the hit and just take the shot, if you wait for the perfect shot it's already too late. Another thing is that if you body shot and have full health then it's usually a better option to just switch to your handcanon for finisher quickly.

Never used P&T on PvP but sounds interesting. It fires quick and stable, has a magazine of 6, has tons of AA and of course being invisible (the glint gives you away anyways tho, it's more a PvE perk I think).

Just don't know If those sights will work for me. It's like Ice Breaker. I love the concept of always having ammo. But crap I can't use those sights effectively at all in PvP. It's something about the zoom and the pan speed while aiming I don't know.
The glint gives you away however, it's ever so slightly harder to go for the head of an invisible sniper and against a good sniper that's enough time for you to lose the battle a lot of time.

Nighte

I vote Black Hammer.
Word is only ever useful during void burn, and a 331 does well enough with the huge damage boost from the burn already.
Whereas Black Hammer is useful in all circumstances, and you can easily get another etheric light before it is nerfed...

Black hammer it is. Guess ill get Word of crota done tomorrow :)

Shito

Do Blades of Crota still spawn on patrols? I haven't seen them on Earth or the Moon since HoW launched.
No they don't, you can only find one at the beginning of the first TDB mission on Earth.
Also, be wary that husk of the pit no longer drops from it at the moment, because of a bug Bungie is investigating...

Top Bottom