• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT26| Like a Hat

Okay. I get it now. I get why there isn't match making for Raids. I was rolling Her Benevolence in the tower when a random messages me for help with Crota, at the boss. I figured sure, why not.

Holy crap. It took two hours to kill Crota because randoms weren't organized.

Thanks to GAFers ZW33 & Thenal84 for coming in to help.

Randoms... not sure I'll ever do that again.

We've all been there. I joined a group that took 3hrs to get to the Jumping Puzzle on Normal. We sat waiting for this guy to jump over for about 45mins. I didn't mind so much because I needed a break mentally, but as soon as we get to the Gatekeeper he's like "guys I need to go to bed" and drops out. Dafuq.

chur

Okay. I get it now. I get why there isn't match making for Raids. I was rolling Her Benevolence in the tower when a random messages me for help with Crota, at the boss. I figured sure, why not.

Lol same thing happened to me yesterday. I decided to help randoms with normal VoG and we were there for 3 hours before they all rage quit.

They're so funny, though! What other stories are you going to tell your kids?!

2 nights ago, I joined these 2 obvious friends via lfg for the nightfall. They jumped down to the Nexus thinking Minotaur had Arc shields, LOL! Then one guy didn't get rewards and he was so mad. He didn't realize that he did it with that character already. Classic

We've all been there. I joined a group that took 3hrs to get to the Jumping Puzzle on Normal. We sat waiting for this guy to jump over for about 45mins. I didn't mind so much because I needed a break mentally, but as soon as we get to the Gatekeeper he's like "guys I need to go to bed" and drops out. Dafuq.

Even a few weeks ago for my resurrected Warlock, I joined an lfg group for VoG normal for a guy that was twitch streaming. And he wanted Level 32+, FOR NORMAL! He wouldn't even talk to us and kept talking to his streamers. He then left and said bye to his streamers when we wiped the first time at gatekeepers. It was awesome

And speaking of Her Benevolence, my first roll yielded:

- Shortgaze / Ambush
- Hidden Hand
- QuickDraw / high caliber / hand-laid stock
- Grenadier

Seems good enough?

And speaking of Her Benevolence, my first roll yielded:

- Shortgaze / Ambush
- Hidden Hand
- QuickDraw / high caliber / hand-laid stock
- Grenadier

Seems good enough?

I really haven't noticed a big difference with unflinching. If you get sniper in the head you're dead anyways. You're lucky and I'd keep it.

Unless you have 1000 motes and WP

Yah that was hilarious.

No worries! I wanted to run sword that whole time, before ZW got there, but didn't want to come off as a jerk as that guy was determined to get his first Crota kill. Thanks again for invite!

zewone

I somehow got the "Won't Be Beat" medal in Rumble, even though the guy in 2nd place only had 1100 points..

Win a Rumble match after trailing by 500 with 30 seconds remaining OR when an opponent was near the score limit.

H6BvkST.gif

If Xur sells 2+ of the following:

Hunter: Symbiote or Bones of Eao
Warlock: Nothing Manacles or RAM
Titan: Helm of Saint 14

I'll be stoked!

As for Weapons, as long as it's not TLW, NLB, Universal Remote or P&T, (or dragons breath), it'll be good for me!

Actually Titan I'll probably prefer alpha lupi or armamentarium for PvP but anything will do.

maomaoIYP

I managed to get a perfect reroll on my matador, maxed it out and took it for a spin last night. It was literally night and day, I can't imagine using anything else now.

If Xur sells 2+ of the following:

Hunter: Symbiote or Bones of Eao
Warlock: Nothing Manacles or RAM
Titan: Helm of Saint 14

I'll be stoked!

As for Weapons, as long as it's not TLW, NLB, Universal Remote or P&T, (or dragons breath), it'll be good for me!

Actually Titan I'll probably prefer alpha lupi or armamentarium for PvP but anything will do.

I bought 2 exotic helms last week to raise the light level of my neglected warlock and titan and i got the Saint 14 and Ram. Going by your list i was lucky? Lol

And it's gotta be TLW that he sells i want that weapon :mad:

Pat_DC

Thanks fo rthe NF run RadicalVelocity! Even if you had to spend a lot of it reviving me.

Also I have been trying to use some different weapon combos on patrols & PvE and things that aren't NF. I am having a lot of fun running around with the Universal Remote, a sniper & rocket launcher, so much carnage!

Really glad I got back into Destiny, just need to make time to actually finish the Witcher 3!

Im in the other camp matchmaking should be a basic feature in co op mp games theres no reason not to have it.Basically if people wanna use it use it at your own risk if you dont for reasons you stated make a party before launching whatever raid etc. more options always wins.

Edit:is her benevolence a low drop rate weapon cause ive opened over 50 chests with keys and it will not drop!

I bought 2 exotic helms last week to raise the light level of my neglected warlock and titan and i got the Saint 14 and Ram. Going by your list i was lucky? Lol

And it's gotta be TLW that he sells i want that weapon :mad:

Nice! You got lucky. Those are just the main ones I want haha

NY xb Hunter got strange coins for her first nightfall last week and then NLB for her first this week! Then legendary heavy engram from Weekly turned into... Drumroll... Ghorn Admonisher.

Games for Fall? Tricky. I don't usually play games until they have gone down in price. This year is a bit different since I have two new systems (Vita and PS4), but an aging PC, so I won't be playing Fallout 4 until 2017.

- Danganronpa: Another Episode (September)

That's it. I'm going to pass on Mighty No.9 until reviews come out.

The actual question would be if I am going to play The Taken King, answer being probably not until December. On august I plan to do some crazy playing on Destiny and hope to reach 34 since I am on vacations but no money to do a long trip, but once September begins I will be leaving fairly late from work, resuming the gym and studying, so no time to play.

I've been so tired and sleepy all day. I laid in bed 2 hours ago, failing to fall asleep. I have so much on my mind but no one would understand and no real outlet to say these random OT things anyways.

Regardless, I can't stop picking up my phone every 5 minutes after I can't fall asleep to check on DGAF.

I've been so tired and sleepy all day. I laid in bed 2 hours ago, failing to fall asleep. I have so much on my mind but no one would understand and no real outlet to say these random OT things anyways.

Regardless, I can't stop picking up my phone every 5 minutes after I can't fall asleep to check on DGAF.

This is my issue also lol

So with the Black Hammer nerf coming, should I even bother using Radiant Energy to unlock the last three damage nodes?

Or save those for potential HM primary weapons?

zewone

So with the Black Hammer nerf coming, should I even bother using Radiant Energy to unlock the last three damage nodes?

Or save those for potential HM primary weapons?

There's not really any Crota primaries worth using over VoG primaries. Maybe Word of Crota over Atheon's Epilogue.

I say enjoy BH for the next 2 months and ascend it.

Oh damn nice! I am extremely jealous, Never been to Europe. Gamescomm should be awesome too. Hopefully some cool Destiny swag for you to take home. Take a bunch of pics!

My first time in EU as well, so looking to cover as much as I can.

Do you have it all planned out already? Looking forward to meet the CP master of DGAF and the others :)

Flights, yes. Now trying to figure where I want to go first, how and what's the best way to sight-see without spending a lot. I'd like to get some tips from galavita and you later on in party chat.

I guess Tears is not coming to GC? I'm still visiting Netherlands, so would like to meet up with him and you again if you have time.

Also where is the rest of EU DGAF? Anyone else coming to gamescomm?

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
I'm so sad right now. My brother and I used the Destiny lfg and we thought we found someone really cool.

For the past month he's been by our side through thick and thin for hours as we would attempt to get through nightfalls, raids, and PoE.

Normally my brother and I log off at the same time, but tonight I decided to stay online and our partner invited me into his world.

I don't know if this person really feels this way, but as far as I can tell, he's a racist, homophobic, misogynist.

I've now blocked him and I'm sad because he was so much fun when he played with me and my brother.

I'm so sad right now. My brother and I used the Destiny lfg and we thought we found someone really cool.

For the past month he's been by our side through thick and thin for hours as we would attempt to get through nightfalls, raids, and PoE.

Normally my brother and I log off at the same time, but tonight I decided to stay online and our partner invited me into his world.

I don't know if this person really feels this way, but as far as I can tell, he's a racist, homophobic, misogynist.

I've now blocked him and I'm sad because he was so much fun when he played with me and my brother.

My old raid group was like that, it hit me way personal and I left them

Flights, yes. Now trying to figure where I want to go first, how and what's the best way to sight-see without spending a lot. I'd like to get some tips from galavita and you later on in party chat.

I guess Tears is not coming to GC? I'm still visiting Netherlands, so would like to meet up with him and you again if you have time.

Also where is the rest of EU DGAF? Anyone else coming to gamescomm?

Sure thing, I'll be around and try to give tips on what to see. I'm excited, never been to any game related event so I don't know what to expect other than waiting in long lines. Must score some game goodies though :p

I know it's late, but is anyone up for a Nightfall? I already ran it this week, but I want to back for TDB bounties & rep.

PS4: Reluctant-Hero

Edit: Got it.

Trace

Banned
I'm hoping for Bones of Eao this week from Xur so I can complete my exotic armor collection.

Also Hawkmoon, but that's not happening.

Frenden

Banned
My old raid group was like that, it hit me way personal and I left them

That's a bummer. I had a few dudes on my friends list (met through other friends, LFG, etc), and encountered a little of that. Immediate unfriending. Boo.

GAF saved Destiny for me. I definitely wouldn't be playing if not for the group of awesome folks here.

Korosenai

Those were fun Salvage games Doge and Unstable. I did so bad in that last match, probably wouldn't have been as sweaty if I was playing as good as you two.

At least you have a forum full of awesome gaffers to party up with! I've managed to avoid lfg for the most part but a few of my mates have some very similar stories.

GutZ31

It sucks. After all this time, I never had the inkling that he was like that.

I'm so disappointed.

Unfortunately, people can have fucked up morals, and still seem rather pleasant in conversations.

Thats why serial killers, and politicians get by for so long.

Top Bottom