• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT26| Like a Hat

Sigh. I have a very short fuse when dealing with morons. Specially if they touch anything LGBT related. First display I see of homophobia, transphobia, racism... and I'm out.

Speaking of that, is there a way of blocking nasty players so you are never matchmaked again with them?

Nighte

I've been spoiled with DGAF and never once went to lfg. DGAF = best GAF.

I can understand that.
Tried to LFG Poe 34 yesterday and almost literally crawled our way to the last boss with the other 2 guys on my back...felt that way at least.
And ofc we wiped and wiped on the last boss.

Left them after the 5th wipe and 2manned it with a fellow dgaffer all the way to 40% health on the last boss before last guy joined the group and we cleared the last boss easily as well.

Even doing it 2man felt so much easier and clean than with 2 randoms in lfg...

GutZ31

Sigh. I have a very short fuse when dealing with morons. Specially if they touch anything LGBT related. First display I see of homophobia, transphobia, racism... and I'm out.

Speaking of that, is there a way of blocking nasty players so you are never matchmaked again with them?

Blocking them thru the friends menu has a high chance of blocking gameplay with them as well.

Im in the other camp matchmaking should be a basic feature in co op mp games theres no reason not to have it.Basically if people wanna use it use it at your own risk if you dont for reasons you stated make a party before launching whatever raid etc. more options always wins.

Edit:is her benevolence a low drop rate weapon cause ive opened over 50 chests with keys and it will not drop!
As long as they add an option to NOT matchmake as well, I would be fine.
If they put in matchmaking as it is, it would force you to take in a random even if you didn't want an extra person.

I have run a 34 PoE by myself all the way to the last boss, then asked for help to come in.
As long as I can go into a raid or other high level content alone, and get in without anyone to slow me down, or sit in the corner to mooch off my work without my consent, I will be happy.

Otherwise, NO, I do NOT want matchmaking.

I've been spoiled with DGAF and never once went to lfg. DGAF = best GAF.

I swore to never use LFG again after one guy called out one of my clan member's brother for not knowing anything about the Crota raid after we specifically told him that it was his first time. I kicked him out after we killed the Deathsinger because we couldn't handle his shit talk anymore. That's probably one of the few times I had to boot someone other than Blaze, who keeps stealing my Sun of Osiris emblem and Hopscotch :p

123rl

Am I the only one who has good luck with LFG? I've used it 5-6 times a week and never had a problem. Occasionally one person in a group will be a dick but the host normally boots them. Whenever I search for people to join my game, it goes well

That's a bummer. I had a few dudes on my friends list (met through other friends, LFG, etc), and encountered a little of that. Immediate unfriending. Boo.

GAF saved Destiny for me. I definitely wouldn't be playing if not for the group of awesome folks here.

DGAF saved my sanity. I'm around a bunch of great people now. I just can't wait to run the new raid with some Destiny Gaffers :D

GutZ31

Am I the only one who has good luck with LFG? I've used it 5-6 times a week and never had a problem. Occasionally one person in a group will be a dick but the host normally boots them. Whenever I search for people to join my game, it goes well

I stay far away from LFG from all the horror stories posted on GAF about it.
It is nice to hear at least one person is getting some use out of it without the dread.
I have 250+ people on my friends list, and at least 80% are directly from GAF.
Usually, I have no problem finding someone to play with, and in the off chance that I do, I tend to try soloing encounters.

TheRook

Thanks to RadicalVelocity and RC213 for the runs, had a good time.

Hope to get in some raids or something in the future, I've wanted to run VOG again for a while now.

Trace

Banned
Well I finally got Black Hammer. So Ram and Black Hammer in one day, not bad. Just need Hawkmoon then I can stop complaining about RNG.

Nighte

I stay far away from LFG from all the horror stories posted on GAF about it.
It is nice to hear at least one person is getting some use out of it without the dread.
I have 250+ people on my friends list, and at least 80% are directly from GAF.
Usually, I have no problem finding someone to play with, and in the off chance that I do, I tend to try soloing encounters.

Havent met any rude people yet from LFG, you just get a lot of different player skill and randomness from it. Maybe people are less rude when most ppl are geared enough to carry a group on your own.
Some are humble and admit not being that good, and usually its no problem helping some randoms out with a run or two with some stuff.
Problem is when you can`t carry them in the activity yourself :p

Compared to a DGAF run however its night and day.
Never played with anyone here not being kind and helpful and if they don`t know details about a fight they are always eager to learn :) And usually ppl just steamroll whatever is placed in front of them...haha :p

35 hours of strikes. 5 dry rots, 3 constellation scars, 3 high road soldiers, 2 loner rebels, and other crap.

Still no pilgrim despite seeing 3 of them go to other people. I'm fucking losing it.

GutZ31

Havent met any rude people yet from LFG, you just get a lot of different player skill and randomness from it. Maybe people are less rude when most ppl are geared enough to carry a group on your own.
Some are humble and admit not being that good, and usually its no problem helping some randoms out with a run or two with some stuff.
Problem is when you can`t carry them in the activity yourself :p

Compared to a DGAF run however its night and day.
Never played with anyone here not being kind and helpful and if they don`t know details about a fight they are always eager to learn :) And usually ppl just steamroll whatever is placed in front of them...haha :p

The "Rude" stuff is nothing that I really care about.
The horror that concerns me is the 9 hour PoE runs, or 8 hour VoG raids.

Rude people are easily dealt with.
But people who seem cool as hell are really hard to kick just because they aren't grasping the mechanics, or just dying way too much.
I didn't mention Crota because it is by far the easiest to do, and anything over 4 hours and I would kick everyone out and solo the damn thing.

I guess Tears is not coming to GC? I'm still visiting Netherlands, so would like to meet up with him and you again if you have time.

Also where is the rest of EU DGAF? Anyone else coming to gamescomm?

I decided not to go in the end, though a colleague at work wanted me to go with him as well.

I've been at the Taipei Game Show and Computex in Taiwan and I know how crazy it can get in terms of lines and people mushed together in one area (Computex was INSANE). Gamescom being the biggest in the EU, I do not like those prospects, heh.

Kinda wanted to go to have a go using Morpheus/Oculus and get a first-hand look at the new FF XV stuff, but the long trip and crazy amounts of people bound to be there made me decide against it.

But hey, if you're around and I'm not working, give us a shout!

Ikkarus

35 hours of strikes. 5 dry rots, 3 constellation scars, 3 high road soldiers, 2 loner rebels, and other crap.

Still no pilgrim despite seeing 3 of them go to other people. I'm fucking losing it.
Me and EJ have done over 200 strikes and it can get tiring not seeing the Pilgrim drop.

We actually saw better legendary drop rates come from POE 28 (at least 1 per run) granted it takes longer than a typical Dragon run but maybe give them a go. Plus you get to farm treasure keys as well.

raindoc

anyone have a link to the reddit shotgun guide? I finally had a Party Crasher drop for me in crucible... or should I wait for a Matador?

Insaniac

Is it an old spear? New ones (gotten after HoW launched) can't get Field Scout.

yeah its an old spear. I've seen surplus / firefly rolled on it three times, each time no field scout though. I guess certain perks are weighted to show up less often

ocean

Banned
anyone have a link to the reddit shotgun guide? I finally had a Party Crasher drop for me in crucible... or should I wait for a Matador?
You want:
- Shot Package (indispensable)
- Reinforced or Rifled Barrel (for the bullshit Max range). Smallbore is ok but doesn't take you to range cap.
- Aggressive Ballistics (10%+ damage)

Going for a 4/4 is just being greedy and would take tons and tons of patience and materials. If you got those three I say keep it. But if you want it perfect, try for the last perk to be:

-Kneepads

I gave up on Kneepads and kept a 3/4 Matador. Not like I know how to use shotguns anyways but it's always nice to have one.

As for Matador 64 vs. Party Crasher: Matador hits harder so you have a better chance of getting the one-shot. On the other hand, Party Crasher fires more quickly so it's possible to get a double kill with it more easily.

raindoc

I'd personally wait for Matador.

Also the reforging guides can be found in the OP.

You want:
- Shot Package (indispensable)
- Reinforced or Rifled Barrel (for the bullshit Max range). Smallbore is ok but doesn't take you to range cap.
- Aggressive Ballistics (10%+ damage)

Going for a 4/4 is just being greedy and would take tons and tons of patience and materials. If you got those three I say keep it. But if you want it perfect, try for the last perk to be:

-Kneepads

I gave up on Kneepads and kept a 3/4 Matador. Not like I know how to use shotguns anyways but it's always nice to have one.

As for Matador 64 vs. Party Crasher: Matador hits harder so you have a better chance of getting the one-shot. On the other hand, Party Crasher fires more quickly so it's possible to get a double kill with it more easily.
cheers guys... any difference in range?

Nuszka

I know it is a bit off topic , but any DGaf getting hyped for SF5 beta ? Hope i will not miss Xur tomorrow because of it. I still have a backlog to sort out before tTK lunches. Need to finish witcher, started playing Rocket League (btw i love it). This week is a slow on destiny for me , i only managed to do 3xnf, when i got back from my holiday then the stock of errands and work things did not allow me to do or play much whatsoever, and now the SF5 beta lunches. Will be back with destiny on reset day i think.

Shito

I know it is a bit off topic , but any DGaf getting hyped for SF5 beta ? Hope i will not miss Xur tomorrow because of it. I still have a backlog to sort out before tTK lunches. Need to finish witcher, started playing Rocket League (btw i love it). This week is a slow on destiny for me , i only managed to do 3xnf, when i got back from my holiday then the stock of errands and work things did not allow me to do or play much whatsoever, and now the SF5 beta lunches. Will be back with destiny on reset day i think.
Slow week for me as well, and yep, hyped as hell for SF5.
Still 5 hours and a half to go before I know if I get an european beta code or not; if not I will probably preorder the game on my US account to get access to it... ^^

ocean

Banned
Slow week for me as well, and yep, hyped as hell for SF5.
Still 5 hours and a half to go before I know if I get an european beta code or not; if not I will probably preorder the game on my US account to get access to it... ^^
Pre order from Amazon.com and they'll email you a beta code in minutes. Also, Amazon doesn't charge you for pre orders until the game ships. So you have a free, guaranteed code there :)

Shito

Pre order from Amazon.com and they'll email you a beta code in minutes. Also, Amazon doesn't charge you for pre orders until the game ships. So you have a free, guaranteed code there :)
Yeah, saw that on the beta thread, but I don't know... feels a bit "bad" to me to preorder it and cancel it afterwards just for the code... :D
I'd feel better about myself if the preorder thing on the US psn is still working: I intend to buy the game anyways. ^^

ocean

Banned
Yeah, saw that on the beta thread, but I don't know... feels a bit "bad" to me to preorder it and cancel it afterwards just for the code... :D
I'd feel better about myself if the preorder thing on the US psn is still working: I intend to buy the game anyways. ^^
I did the Amazon pre order thing for Destiny. Played the Alpha/Beta and said yeah I have to pay for this game NOW :p I knew even then this would be the biggest game in years or ever for me.

Nuszka

Seems like i am not alone here :) Wonder if the beta will have some party options or just basic matchmaking. Would be much fun to play against people from here. Only thing i need to get used to the DS4 as i currently only own last get fight sticks.

Shito

I did the Amazon pre order thing for Destiny. Played the Alpha/Beta and said yeah I have to pay for this game NOW :p I knew even then this would be the biggest game in years or ever for me.
I got a code for the alpha back then, even though I had never followed the previews about Destiny much: I don't like FPS games. :D
Decided to try it out because my girlfriend loved the aesthetic of the game, and I got hooked. After the beta it became my most wanted game of the year... ^^
We were on holidays in NY when it released, we saw the big ads on Time Square but never stumbled on a videogames shop to buy it over there. We went to the FNAC the day we came back home, after a night in the plane and little to no sleep, and the cashier had the niiiice idea to try and make a joke on us by telling us they only had empty display copies and the game was already sold out; we stayed like two silent zombies staring at him with empty tired eyes for a good minute before he admitted the joke...

Seems like i am not alone here :) Wonder if the beta will have some party options or just basic matchmaking. Would be much fun to play against people from here. Only thing i need to get used to the DS4 as i currently only own last get fight sticks.
From what I've read, this beta is only to test the netcode, so there's only random matchmaking in it. No versus, and no lobbies.

Kyoufu

Why is it that I have the TLW grimoire card when I haven't obtained the actual weapon yet? :(

edit: Google tells me I must have used a code for it. Well, that's lame. lol

Originally I completely lost any interest on Destiny in the moment I found it was going to be an MMO. Being a console exclusive was bad enough to increase my initial hate (FPS with gamepad = heresy!), but knowing that the campaign (The reason behind me playing all Halo games and owning a 360) was not exactly great and my pre existing phobia to online games (I've really never got into online gaming before save a few minor experiences) put me in "I hope you go bankrupt, Bungie" mode.

How I ended here in the end? Clean backlog, there was nothing in the market wanted to play in my brand new PS4, and it was a long way until any game I wanted would come out. With no more options I decided to give it a try, and... 72 hours already.

GutZ31

Originally I completely lost any interest on Destiny in the moment I found it was going to be an MMO. Being a console exclusive was bad enough to increase my initial hate (FPS with gamepad = heresy!), but knowing that the campaign (The reason behind me playing all Halo games and owning a 360) was not exactly great and my pre existing phobia to online games (I've really never got into online gaming before save a few minor experiences) put me in "I hope you go bankrupt, Bungie" mode.

How I ended here in the end? Clean backlog, there was nothing in the market wanted to play in my brand new PS4, and it was a long way until any game I wanted would come out. With no more options I decided to give it a try, and... 72 hours already.

So the question now is; Do you still think Bungie should go bankrupt for making this game?

This isn't about one or two things you may disagree with, but the game as a whole, and the direction Bungie has/is headed with the franchise.

Loot system: Working as Intended

CKltmjTUYAQE-xC.jpg:large

Bradach

I've been meaning to drop in here and say thanks to DGAF for the good times! After 6 months of non stop destiny I think I've completed it now.

It's a really great community. Maybe our paths will cross again in Battlefront, who knows.

Styles

I hate shotguns, i hate thorns. Let me play with my hard light and fusion rifles without getting shotgunned from a mile a away. QQ

Top Bottom