• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT26| Like a Hat

geordiemp

You want:
- Shot Package (indispensable)
- Reinforced or Rifled Barrel (for the bullshit Max range). Smallbore is ok but doesn't take you to range cap.
- Aggressive Ballistics (10%+ damage)

Going for a 4/4 is just being greedy and would take tons and tons of patience and materials. If you got those three I say keep it. But if you want it perfect, try for the last perk to be:

-Kneepads

I gave up on Kneepads and kept a 3/4 Matador. Not like I know how to use shotguns anyways but it's always nice to have one.

As for Matador 64 vs. Party Crasher: Matador hits harder so you have a better chance of getting the one-shot. On the other hand, Party Crasher fires more quickly so it's possible to get a double kill with it more easily.

Party crasher with Aggressive Ballistics is the best option in my opnion, you can see from the Reddit google spreadsheet that once party crasher gets same number of 'pellets' to kill, its always better having a better firerate vs an extra round.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...4XvJIwTKFIPvASLduPPS4/htmlview?sle=true#gid=0

Party crasher and matador both do 24 damage with aggressive ballistics...only Felwinters does 25 damage with AB according to spreadsheet testing. If thats right, then party crasher with AB is that sweet spot.

Pre order from Amazon.com and they'll email you a beta code in minutes. Also, Amazon doesn't charge you for pre orders until the game ships. So you have a free, guaranteed code there :)

not guaranteed for europeans though, seems to be mainly a USA thing. i got no codes from amazon and i tried to order it twice :(

ocean

Banned
Following a two-month delay, three astronauts lifted off from Baikonur Cosmodrome at 17:02 EDT today (22:02 BST, 03:02 local Baikonur time). The Soyuz TMA-17M spacecraft carried the crew—NASA astronaut Kjell Lindgren, JAXA astronaut Kimiya Yuri, and Russian cosmonaut Oleg Kononenko—safely into space.
Seeing the Baikonur Cosmodrome featured in real life news always seems cool to me :p

Who says top players don't get the best loot?

CKl4aUFVAAAlNWm.jpg:large

Second exotic Unstable has gotten from Crucible. Second NLB. I've been there for both drops...

So the question now is; Do you still think Bungie should go bankrupt for making this game?

This isn't about one or two things you may disagree with, but the game as a whole, and the direction Bungie has/is headed with the franchise.

At the moment I am not going throughbutthurt fanboy rage against Bungie. I guess I was hoping for a true Halo 4, and in the end the final product is something with similar gunplay but overall a completely different experience.

My hate is more aimed towards its Business model, although there Activision is to be blamed for. My butthurt fanboy rage at the moment? Nintendo. Specially after Metroid Football League.

ATTENTION: https://www.bungie.net/en/Clan/Playstation/652078

Gjallarhorny Fartbringers are now Hotwings Pilgrims

We will grind Dragon Strikes and PoE 28's with you in order to lead you to your path to the Hypescotch Pilgrim. Which we will then use to mercilessly rule over the opposition in PvP. We also enjoy Hotwings and Sharknado.

Notable members:

Me
7th Assassin
FirewalkR
Illini_Guy

......and many more!

You already know where I'm at right now Unstable

deafmedal

Exotic engram on your junk?
Name my wife's pussy Raul?! NO!
The Ghallajorn on your
stomach
:p
No space :p
Just get some kind of symbol or something. Maybe the Vanguard symbol or the insignia of your favorite class. Maybe your favorite emblem. Just get something that is attractive and meaningful, but not obviously game-related.
Leaning toward this...
Tattoo TLW on your hip and then you can walk around with just a belt. Or TLW and Hawkmoon on opposite arms. Inner part so you can show em off when you throw your guns up.
Vegeta and Goku already on the inner bicep areas, not sure if I'm going to get any from the knee to belly area, but Hawkmoon on the hip is a cool idea!

Get the Deathsinger. And if somebody asks just say it's your girlfriend.
Probably prettier than my wife... uhh did I say that :p Good thing she doesn't read GAF!

"I don't have time to explain why I don't have time to explain" in old english script, arched across your shoulders and upper back, like the name on a jersey.

Or something less obvious and more tasteful, like the geometric symbols for your favorite class.
Ha! I was thinking of picking some of the perks from the skill trees and doing something with those...
I agree with the notions of going with an insignia of some type. Class symbol or a fractions symbol. Something that you can relate to in game but also something that is unique.
Yep. Or a gorgon!

Thanks for the early morning laughs DGAF... you're the best!
Anyone else gots some idears?
When completed, I'll post a pic. It'll be in September/October most likely, don't do summer tats anymore. Too hot :S

We will grind Dragon Strikes and PoE 28's with you in order to lead you to your path to the Hypescotch Pilgrim. Which we will then use to mercilessly rule over the opposition in PvP. We also enjoy Hotwings and Sharknado.

Notable members:

Me
7th Assassin
FirewalkR
Illini_Guy

......and many more!

Preach, fearless leader!

3-manning flawless Crota with #Team~FirstTry (after Illini watched a video on how to climb the tower, lol).

Congrats to Illini-Guy, our newest Guardian Lord!

edit: Also, thanks to Jigga Man for helping to get trophies for fellow NGAW clan members!

3-manning flawless Crota with #Team~FirstTry (after Illini watched a video on how to climb the tower, lol).

edit: Also, thanks to Jigga Man for helping to get trophies for fellow NGAW clan members!

Haha, nice. Did Unstable get his flawless too?

I was online, invite me next time you doing flawless CE and have a spot / need help.

PuMa

Oh man, I missed it!

Atkison04

Notable members:

Me
7th Assassin
FirewalkR
Illini_Guy

......and many more!

Ha I like the new name bro! I did a couple dragon strikes and 2 poe 28 runs last night. Saw the pilgrim drop once during a dragon strike on Venus.

Just getting back into the game after being gone the last few months. First thing I did was delete 2 of my characters
and dismantled 2 ghorns
. Just rolling with my titan moving forward and only playing a few hours in the evenings the first couple days of the week. Let me know if you want to carry me thru level 34 poe or trials in the next few weeks :eek:

Ji66a-Man

Not really first try with Illini dying to fall physics on the first run and Drizzay dying while falling into the Abyss on the second run, but clan NGAW got the job done on try #3.

Ha I like the new name bro! I did a couple dragon strikes and 2 poe 28 runs last night. Saw the pilgrim drop once during a dragon strike on Venus.

Just getting back into the game after being gone the last few months. First thing I did was delete 2 of my characters
and dismantled 2 ghorns
. Just rolling with my titan moving forward and only playing a few hours in the evenings the first couple days of the week. Let me know if you want to carry me thru level 34 poe or trials in the next few weeks :eek:

Anytime man! We will get you some 34 armor ASAP.

Thanks Drizz and Jigga!

FYI everybody, I told Driz that if he helped me with my flawless raider trophy he would not have to put up his Thunderlord post. So, the Thunderlord post has been cancelled. #poursoneout

giphy.gif

E92 M3

Feels so good to have a 34 Warlock now. Granted there is a ton of optimization and leveling left, but I'm loving just doing the mundane stuff like bounties.

Also, fuck armor materials for old stuff.

Notable members:

Me
7th Assassin
FirewalkR
Illini_Guy

......and many more!

Haha. Amazing.

deafmedal

Well if you want tasteful we should have him get the nipple chain on the praxic fire tattooed in the appropriate location. When someone asks what it is, he can proudly state that it is the nipple chain from the praxic fire.
I knew I missed one in my previous mega quote post...
Hmmm, the crest from HoPF on my sternum flanked by master class warlock perk icons... maybe even make it a necklace. Like you Todd, HoPF was my white whale till Xür sold it, so handsome :)

Not really first try with Illini dying to fall physics on the first run and Drizzay dying while falling into the Abyss on the second run, but clan NGAW got the job done on try #3.

Did you actually build the bridge or sword swim across?

Thanks Drizz and Jigga!

FYI everybody, I told Driz that if he helped me with my flawless raider trophy he would not have to put up his Thunderlord post. So, the Thunderlord post has been cancelled. #poursoneout

Congrats Illini.

Hey DGAF is it worth upgrading to a large 4k tv when 4k games aren't being developed for consoles?

I really want to upgrade my 32inch tv to a 55 inch Sony 4k one.

Shito

Hey DGAF is it worth upgrading to a large 4k tv when 4k games aren't being developed for consoles?

I wouldn't recommend it: you will get a worse image quality by having a 1080p output upscaled to 4k.

GutZ31

If possible, look into the display lag of the TV you are looking for, and try to find comparisons with other possible buys.

Clear view, clear motion, or any other names for high frame rate TV motion smoothing features are NOT related to display lag, and manufacturers are not freely giving this info.

It is important to find a "gaming" TV with less than 50ms frame latency(Display Lag).
Anything with less than 40ms latency is fantastic for a big screen LCD/LED.
Sony TVs in the higher price ranges are usually more likely to have better display lag times than the lesser, but not always, and research is still needed to be sure.

All that being said;
This is only needed if you plan on having any real competitive play, and wish to take the possibility of the TV being the problem with reaction times.
http://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/by-test-results/input-lag
http://www.displaylag.com/
Does the image quality really suffer when it is being upscaled? I thought it would look better than a non 4k tv but not 4k quality.

Using anything other than "Game Mode" to play games will create display lag, as it will need to process the picture before throwing it to the screen.
Turning off all display modifiers/enhancers is for the best when gaming(Competitively).

WipedOut

Feels so good to have a 34 Warlock now. Granted there is a ton of optimization and leveling left, but I'm loving just doing the mundane stuff like bounties.

Also, fuck armor materials for old stuff.

Yeah, that sucks big time when starting a new alt. I think I may take your idea on now being a good time as any redoing any characters.

Well, I did say ~First Try. The game glitching and causing me to die mid-fall doesn't count. I still can't believe that's a thing that can happen. Let the official record state try #2.

ocean

Banned
Redoing characters!?!? Crazy talk.

If you do that you have to delete all class mats along with the character.
Um there's the Vault you know..

Grinding subclass doesn't take too long. Getting rep with all the factions again though ugh. I'm stuck with my moronic stupid Awoken dance because I can't be bothered to grind rep again.

WipedOut

Um there's the Vault you know..

Grinding subclass doesn't take too long. Getting rep with all the factions again though ugh. I'm stuck with my moronic stupid Awoken dance because I can't be bothered to grind rep again.

That would be the only thing that keeps me from doing it, I'm at lvl 25 dead orbit, 29 Vanguard, 80 cryptarch, I have to think long and hard about this one.

Oh Bungie, why won't you let us make cosmetic changes to our characters.

Top Bottom