• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT26| Like a Hat

DNAbro

Is this new? Haven't seen this screenshot before.

gtVKTPIryllXI_t7NV3NtY6beaLZtWUIQW5vEu2Gs9NzE5OWM2nZajgyPd3mC5v7xtA6kA=w1549-h582

Oryx looking menacing.

PuMa

Why are people not comparing the Spare Change with the Hopscotch? Stats, minus stability, are almost identical.

It's pretty often compared actually. I think most people say they're put off by the recoil in the Spare Change. It's not a bad gun though.

Wait, was it done on hard mode? Did they also kill the additional stationary gorgons? I bet that's when you get the treasure!

Normal mode, so no stationary gorgons. The key is you had to kill them all within 30 seconds so they're all dead simultaneously which is actually extremely hard to do. Add another 3 for hard mode (11 total) and I don't think it can be done. There aren't any Hard Mode-exclusive chests in either raid so I doubt it would matter.

I'd gone on record that killing all gorgons was the last worthwhile theory currently out there so the dream is dead... for now. Although I can't think of a single halfway plausible theory that hasn't been disproven already.

zewone

Why are people not comparing the Spare Change with the Hopscotch? Stats, minus stability, are almost identical.

Stability is probably the most important stat for a pulse and Hopscotch has 24(!) more base stability. 6 less magazine.

Not to mention Spare Changes strange horizontal recoil which makes landing headshots with Headseeker harder.

Stability is probably the most important stat for a pulse and Hopscotch has 24(!) more base stability. 6 less magazine.

Not to mention Spare Changes strange horizontal recoil which makes landing headshots with Headseeker harder.

One thing I've also noticed is that spare change feels really sluggish. Can't figure out why. It's this weird lag when you pull the trigger but not the same as fire rate...

https://twitter.com/Cozmo23/status/623897140008325120

They got me anticipating the weekly update.

I just want my husk of the pit so bad.

Ditto.

Hopefully there's something about it being fixed in the update. I want to farm it to death.

Yeah GG's EJ. Keep up the Gunslinger / 2 x Throwing Knife combo! Looks fun!
GG to Souldestroyer and Ikkarus, some fun Salvage games and a decent amount of steamrolling.

Yeah thanks guys! That was good fun :D

If you're up for more later or some skirmish/clash just give me a shout!

Normal mode, so no stationary gorgons. The key is you had to kill them all within 30 seconds so they're all dead simultaneously which is actually extremely hard to do. Add another 3 for hard mode (11 total) and I don't think it can be done. There aren't any Hard Mode-exclusive chests in either raid so I doubt it would matter.

I'd gone on record that killing all gorgons was the last worthwhile theory currently out there so the dream is dead... for now. Although I can't think of a single halfway plausible theory that hasn't been disproven already.

That's a bummer.

To be honest though, with everything that's been tried so far with no luck, if there is anything to gain an extra chest it's gonna have to be totally obtuse, at which point it would be a bit of a pain just to do it :p

I wish there was something else :/

maomaoIYP

Diagonal recoil pattern is bloody garbage.
555a-allfate is what you should be using in pvp if you like pulse rifles and don't have a hopscotch or messenger.

zewone

Moral of this game: Ocean can't use a shotgun.
What's the issue?

Shotgun is probably the easiest gun to get a kill with at this point (that's not a heavy weapon).

Shotguns are boring/easy compared to using a sniper rifle, but your K/D ratio will thank you for using 'em. I try to avoid them whenever possible.

555a-allfate is what you should be using in pvp if you like pulse rifles and don't have a hopscotch or messenger.

i rolled a payment VI with rangefinder, outlaw, and braced frame, and wow. the thing is a laser pointer.

same archetype as the allfate, i think.

zewone

I prefer KAU8 CONSTELLATION SCAR to 55A, but the SCAR is another Dragon strike drop that's as hard to get a pilgrim.

I wish there was another Pulse like Oversoul that was rerollable, besides Skorri's Revenge (which has worse secondary stats).

EL CUCO

What's the issue?

Shotgun is probably the easiest gun to get a kill with at this point (that's not a heavy weapon).

Shotguns are boring/easy compared to using a sniper rifle, but your K/D ratio will thank you for using 'em. I try to avoid them whenever possible.
Lol Add Blink and you're on your way to the top 1%. I dont like using Shotguns either because it's so much sexier pulling off a headshot from a Sniper.

Did you check the gorgon video I posted earlier? Any thoughts?

Yeah I did, very strange. The only thing I could say is that Thenal leaving the fire team caused some strange networking issue where the injured Gorgon was counted as dead. Clearly there wasn't enough damage to kill it like that since it seemed like you were the only one hitting it.

One thing I noticed back in the Scrota heydays was that someone joining or leaving the fire team would make the sword disappear if there was one currently on the ground. Obviously other things could make the sword disappear but there does seem to be an issue with the client-server connection when changing the fire team. It'd be worth trying again to see if it was repeatable.

zewone

I prefer KAU8 CONSTELLATION SCAR to 55A, but the SCAR is another Dragon strike drop that's as hard to get a pilgrim.

I wish there was another Pulse like Oversoul that was rerollable, besides Skorri's Revenge (which has worse secondary stats).

I see that Praedyth's Timepiece has similar stats and Headseeker (no Full Auto though), where does that drop?

Also the Conduit is a FWC gun that is close. Anyone know if that gun is for sale or if it's only random drop?

LiK

Sniper. TBH I get the vast majority of my kills from my Primary though

Nami we let you downnnnnn. Feels bad to scrub it up

I'm trying to snipe more again. HoW maps are sniper heaven, imo

I see that Praedyth's Timepiece has similar stats and Headseeker (no Full Auto though), where does that drop?

Also the Conduit is a FWC gun that is close. Anyone know if that gun is for sale or if it's only random drop?

Timepiece is a VoG drop

purg3

slept with Malkin

Praedyth's Timepiece is a VoG drop

Yeah I did, very strange. The only thing I could say is that Thenal leaving the fire team caused some strange networking issue where the injured Gorgon was counted as dead. Clearly there wasn't enough damage to kill it like that since it seemed like you were the only one hitting it.

Yeah that's what I figured, someone leaving the fire tean messed up the gorgons' health. I only shot 2 horn rockets & 1 magnetic grenade, and the gorgon suddenly went from 60% health to zero health.

Kadey was shocked too, cause she didn't do any damage at all and couldn't believe I killed it on my own so quickly..

purg3

slept with Malkin
Damn, just checked the stats on on it. Dat AA and stability... Time to bust this out of the vault and level it up lol.

Top Bottom