• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT26| Like a Hat

It's an awesome weapon with a huge skill curve. Didn't even realize until recently I've been using it wrong as well. I've always held the trigger down to use it, whether ads or using hip fire... So I've been at a huge disadvantage this whole time.

That was just sad. I hope they didn't return their games already.

They went up against three sick players and were using white gear. They didn't stand a chance. Very unlucky pairing. Bungie shouldnt allow pairings like that. It's not fun for anyone (although I found myself rooting for the shut out).

It's an awesome weapon with a huge skill curve. Didn't even realize until recently I've been using it wrong as well. I've always held the trigger down to use it, whether ads or using hip fire... So I've been at a huge disadvantage this whole time..

Yeah there are a couple TLW universal rules that basically all the best players follow:

-Use Aggresive Ballistics and Perfect Balance.

-Rarely if ever use full auto, only for seriously close quarters encounters. You still want to aim your shots well like any other hand cannon.

P44

Give/Take is sold at the Vanguard vendor and obviously re-rollable. Snake is a Dragon Strike drop and also re-rollable. I have one of both, they are extremely similar although Snake has very slightly higher impact/lower charge rate and lower stability than Give.

Unless you want to grind Dragons for fun and/or Hypescoth, just buy the Give and roll it for either Hidden Hand or Hip Fire on the first perk then Accelerated Coils in the middle. Last perk can vary, Hot Swap is decent especially for Blade Dancers with Quick Draw. Army of One is okay, apparently Range Finder does nothing on Fusions (range works totally different on fusions) but the first two perks are the important ones.

The problem with all 3 of these Fusions, including Plug One, is that they fall into the high impact/slow charge category that is getting further nerfed in TTK. The alternate low impact/fast charge class is getting buffed and includes Light of the Abyss(Crota), Perun's Fire (IBanner) and Exile's Curse (Trials). Honestly Exiles Curse is similar to other Trials weapons where it's clearly been designed for PvP. It has fast charge, Hip Fire, Quick Draw, and Hot Swap which is ideal for quickly switching from your primary and blasting fools.

I'd still keep the Plug One and/or buy a Give Take but bear in mind they might be useless in TTK PvP. Impossible to know until the weapon balances go live.

I'm hoping the high impact FR nerf isn't too hard. I can still do well with a plug one now, so cutting range back a bit shouldn't hurt too badly...

LiK

Lol I feel like I never have time to play with all the cool people here, especially since HoW and the 3-man teams. Honestly I haven't been playing as much recently (relative to my previous crazy amounts). A lot of times it's in the middle of the night, at weird hours etc.

We should definitely do some Trials this weekend! I bet we can talk Fig or Todd or Rubenov or into helping out. Stable will probably be busy but who knows.

lol, I just wanna play PVP for fun like the old days but ToO trains have been too full for me to join. I don't care about any loot now that I have everything I wanted.

if you see me on by myself, just send me an invite. I will quit whatever I'm doing to join. I don't give a fuck whether we win or lose. just wanna play with Gaffers I know. playing with randoms is fucking torture.

I played with Nami and Todd in Trials and it was a fucking blast.

nOoblet16

Wat. Why not. We'll use it for the OT, it's awesome like always.

Lol I feel like I never have time to play with all the cool people here, especially since HoW and the 3-man teams. Honestly I haven't been playing as much recently (relative to my previous crazy amounts). A lot of times it's in the middle of the night, at weird hours etc.

We should definitely do some Trials this weekend! I bet we can talk Fig or Todd or Rubenov or into helping out. Stable will probably be busy but who knows.
Hey I'm here too yo.
Also we should have a return of #TeamWhite...I haven't deleted any of that gear yet.

All this TLW talk is making me wish I bought it from Xur months ago. I had the cusor hovering over it but thought "Nah, I'm not one for hand cannons".

Such a stupid decision.

GhaleonEB

If you are jumping in with TTK, then there will a ton of content to keep you busy for a while. Strikes/Nightfalls, Raids, PoE, Crucible, Trials, Iron Banner. Plus running raids on Hard for different rewards, gearing up,etc.

Also, Destiny GAF is a great community. You don't need IRL friends that play to enjoy this game. Tons of awesome people in here to play with.
To add to this, the endgame is getting built out pretty significantly with TTK; Bungie has said this is a focus of the expansion. I wouldn't worry about engame content at this point. With HoW we have almost too much to run each week, especially across multiple characters. Come September that situation will expand even further.

Unstabie and Rubenov are carrying guys together on stream.

You mean now...? Or just in general? I play with Stabie and Wicked every week when Trials launches then Wicked does most of the carrying with Unstable and I jump in some of the time. Zoba has occasionally helped as well, and I think Rubenov too although he's usually busy carrying people with the help of xo or Gunnerz or sometimes me.

LiK

Apparently Female Titans don't get alot of love from the Bungie Art Department. I can always find HiRes stuff for female Warlocks but never for Titans/Hunters.

no kidding. just look at the gear. most look too big for female Titans' smaller frames. they should at least have them resized a bit for females. the helms and shoulders look like butt on most female Titans compared to males.

Lnkn52

no kidding. just look at the gear. most look too big for female Titans' smaller frames. they should at least have them resized a bit for females. the helms and shoulders look like butt on most female Titans compared to males.

This is a female Titan no? Using it on the next design.
titan_in_destiny-1600x900.jpg

Especially the PoE helm. Good lord, that thing is an ugly monstrosity that become even worse on my female Titan.

I'm hoping the high impact FR nerf isn't too hard. I can still do well with a plug one now, so cutting range back a bit shouldn't hurt too badly...

Yeah exactly, that's the big question. With so many weapon balances, it will take awhile for the new meta to settle so no one can say for sure. I'm hoping along with you, I much prefer high impact FRs. I've even wasted a bunch of resources rolling a Give/Take and a Snakebite.

I can help carry driz and lik.

You sure can carry us
to the Reef :p

lol, I just wanna play PVP for fun like the old days but ToO trains have been too full for me to join. I don't care about any loot now that I have everything I wanted.

if you see me on by myself, just send me an invite. I will quit whatever I'm doing to join. I don't give a fuck whether we win or lose. just wanna play with Gaffers I know. playing with randoms is fucking torture.

I played with Nami and Todd in Trials and it was a fucking blast.

For sure dude, will do! :) Glad we got you in there for some raids on Tuesday even though it got a little crowded, haha.

Hey I'm here too yo.
Also we should have a return of #TeamWhite...I haven't deleted any of that gear yet.

#TeamWhite was amazing, some of the most fun I've had in PvP. Definitely down to try that again or hopefully do a Trials run with you if the timing works out!

LiK

Especially the PoE helm. Good lord, that thing is an ugly monstrosity the be one even worse on my female Titan.

the Kellslayer gear is a good example as well. the gauntlets look like they're about to fall off her shoulders.

For sure dude, will do! :) Glad we got you in there for some raids on Tuesday even though it got a little crowded, haha.

yea, I joined just to help out. didn't care about any loot from the raids.

LTWood12

This is a female Titan no? Using it on the next design.

Female Titan is best Titan. Actually female in general is best.

Wat. Why not. We'll use it for the OT, it's awesome like always.

Lol I feel like I never have time to play with all the cool people here, especially since HoW and the 3-man teams. Honestly I haven't been playing as much recently (relative to my previous crazy amounts). A lot of times it's in the middle of the night, at weird hours etc

I've felt the exact same way lately due to RL stuff plus not doing raids every week. So many awesome people here I wish there was more time to do stuff.

PuMa

Hush you over there. I see you in those weekly Stabie ToO trains...

ethomaz

Banned
You mean now...? Or just in general? I play with Stabie and Wicked every week when Trials launches then Wicked does most of the carrying with Unstable and I jump in some of the time. Zoba has occasionally helped as well, and I think Rubenov too although he's usually busy carrying people with the help of xo or Gunnerz or sometimes me.
When trials starts lol mostly at night.

Yeap... Zoba get into sometimes but the last two weeks were Unstabie and Rubenov carrying people.

I play with Xo or Rubenov on mornings.

P44

Yeah exactly, that's the big question. With so many weapon balances, it will take awhile for the new meta to settle so no one can say for sure. I'm hoping along with you, I much prefer high impact FRs. I've even wasted a bunch of resources rolling a Give/Take and a Snakebite.

Honestly I'm far more worried about them kicking Send It etc in the balls.

I mean it's a good move overall, but I need that ludicrous range lol.

In general though, hand cannons seeing a range decrease and send it, perfect stability getting nerfed will change crucible so much.

LiK

I gave up trying to ask people to play PVP with me when Trials is on. most just ignore my messages. their Trials thirst is too great!

Axoman

Last Word is my favorite primary, but I find that when I go up against a good Thorn user, I have to switch to Thorn as well to get them. I can't seem to counter good Thorn users with my Last Word.

PuMa

Last Word is my favorite primary, but I find that when I go up against a good Thorn user, I have to switch to Thorn as well to get them. I can't seem to counter good Thorn users with my Last Word.

Just get in close. TLW can beat Thorn up close almost every time.

LiK

Thorn users spend a lot of time trying to aim for your head from a distance. so if you rush them with TLW, they tend to lose their aim and can easily be taken out. I do that all the time against them in 1v1

PuMa

"Titan Marks Are Burp Cloths"

You better be carrying ten w/ my son because you'll need every single one.

HAHAH wow I will not be able to see them as anything but burp cloths now. Thanks.

I would probably buy Destiny-branded burp cloths BTW. I'm not smart.

You sure can carry us
to the Reef :p

#TeamWhite was amazing, some of the most fun I've had in PvP. Definitely down to try that again or hopefully do a Trials run with you if the timing works out!

Couldn't think of what might be under the spoiler tag... Nailed it!

LTWood12

HAHAH wow I will not be able to see them as anything but burp cloths now. Thanks.

I would probably buy Destiny-branded burp cloths BTW. I'm not smart.

Dude seriously, I don't remember going through this many a day w/ my oldest. I can't imagine how many loads of laundry you're having to do per day w/ two little ones. He literally sneezes b-milk.

I would buy Destiny-branded lots of things. Good thing I'm married to a sane person.

Rehsa

I'm still not good at PVP compared to these folks, but when I take out a Thorner with TLW it feels so good :)

Axoman

Just get in close. TLW can beat Thorn up close almost every time.

Thorn users spend a lot of time trying to aim for your head from a distance. so if you rush them with TLW, they tend to lose their aim and can easily be taken out. I do that all the time against them in 1v1

In normal crucible, I can usually do this without issue, but in trials I can't consistently get within range before getting killed

LiK

In normal crucible, I can usually do this without issue, but in trials I can't consistently get within range before getting killed

yea, the full power of DoT is at work. gonna be useless when the nerf is implemented.

I'm still gonna try TLW after nerf to see how badly it does lol

PuMa

Dude seriously, I don't remember going through this many a day w/ my oldest. I can't imagine how many loads of laundry you're having to do per day w/ two little ones. He literally sneezes b-milk.

I would buy Destiny-branded lots of things. Good thing I'm married to a sane person.

Yeah, mine haven't spit up much yet but I have to empty the diaper genie almost every day.

True. Depends on the map. Some maps are just more tailored to long range play.

vctor182

Been a little bored and I'm playing crucible with auto rifles and I've managed to top my best score yet with Hard Light. This gun is pretty good and will be "okay" after the weapon update.

Top Bottom