• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT26| Like a Hat

kiguel182

It is so painful to do the weekly with people that don't understand what "burns" are.

Doing the level 30 with my sons Hunter. Two players are dead. The only player alive is a level 34 Titan who is running with FateBringer, a solar Party Crasher and the Horn.

If the guy had a Truth he could destroy all of the enemies left with 3 or 4 shots

Or even if he switched to a void shotgun. He could take shields down with his primary and then destroy with his shotty

The game does a really poor job at explaining those mechanics.

Also, it could be cool if there was a way to quick swap happens too. Sometimes I have the wrong damage type on my secondary but switching is a pain in the ass.

Karl2177

PSA: if you are looking for sidearm kills, just play the nightfall only using it. I racked up over 50 kills in just the first room.

I need:
Relic Hunter
Flawless Raider
Strength of the Pack (sexy)

I'll see when T-44 and I can do it together Drizz. Will you be around this eve?

He and I actually almost got a 2 man flawless a couple weeks ago, but he zigged when he should've zagged crossing the bridge lol.

Any flawless attempts happening soon?

I'll be available this evening, not sure exactly what time but I'm flexible depending on when others could run it. I'll keep an eye on the thread and just let me know what time people are thinking.

phen0m24

Yeah I was just trying to make sure the conversation didn't turn into a console/controller preference war. It's all good.

I feel like the Bone controller is better of you have larger hands which I don't. I like to grip the tip of the triggers, rather than across the face of each, and doing so I swear makes my index fingers go kind of numb. :( It seems easier to grip the DS4 with its shape.

I like the idea of having manufacturers with different styles and stats like borderlands but what they showed us ranges from looking cool to looking like a box with a handgrip.

darthbob

What do you have against rectangles? =/

It's less to do with the rectangle itself and more about this.

omolon_sniper_render_big.jpg

"Hakke Pulse Rifles fire a burst of four rounds with damage adjusted to match the DPS of a three round burst, meaning the pulse rounds do less individually but are equal as a group."

4-Round Pulse Rifle. For someone who plays with 4 round weapons in COD (if they are in the game) I am happy. Pls dont hurt me :p

phen0m24

"Hakke Pulse Rifles fire a burst of four rounds with damage adjusted to match the DPS of a three round burst, meaning the pulse rounds do less individually but are equal as a group."

4-Round Pulse Rifle. For someone who plays with 4 round weapons in COD (if they are in the game) I am happy. Pls dont hurt me :p
As long as they have a 60 round mag

High fives Vaal

GhaleonEB

I'm all about that design. Just not the apparent new one.

Maybe they're two different weapons though.

It sounds like those are the base models - the design archetypes - from which the other variants are built.

The models you’re looking at will seed a vast array of options you’ll use to equip your Guardian.

I really like that they are distinguishing weapons within a class by the manufacturer - different approaches to the talent trees, and different talents within them. Load outs will get even more special purpose, which in turn will make more of them viable. Very cool approach and one I hope works out; it's all in the details.

Designs are interesting. Got a focused aesthetic to them.

Now we just need upgrade path details. This is critical. Probably the most important info dump.

GhaleonEB

Wait a second.

There will be more choices than ever to arm yourself in the Tower. Factions will have their own guns. Classes will have their own guns.

That's a paradigm shift I missed on the first read. 0_o

zewone

4 rounds just means larger magazines, doesn't mean you'll have to reload every fourth shot. Unless I'm misunderstanding you?

With that said, this sounds dumb. Why would you want to use a gun where you are less likely to get the critical shots you need to land?

Shito

I like the "wipeout" approach of having different manufacturers with their logo, philosophy and fans.
This is definitely a better weekly update than last week...

Oh, and thank you Variks for choosing the start of the SF5 beta to deliver my first cipher... Those prison kills will have to wait I'm afraid...

phen0m24

Going to try to finish the Wolf story missions on Bone tonight. Did the first one last night.

Maybe I can bribe Koro and Tae (and Lima) to kidnap me as my kid is out of town all weekend! Which console do I play? What do I do?

Top Bottom